collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: The Supreme Court’s Worst Decision of My Tenure  (Read 4695 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Re: The Supreme Court’s Worst Decision of My Tenure
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2019, 08:44:42 AM »
The Second Amendment did not grant or create the right to bear arms.......the Second Amendment was created by the right to bear arms.  That right existed before the Constitution. The Second Amendment merely recognizes that pre-existing right, and declares that the government is constrained in any attempts to violate the right of citizens to bear arms.  The right to keep and bear arms would still be there without the Second Amendment.  The whole "militia" thing is nonsense.

If we didn't have the 2nd Amendment most if not all of our firearms rights would be long gone in nearly every liberal leaning area of this country if not the whole country. It is a constant battle for the NRA and other groups and individuals bringing lawsuits based on the 2nd Amendment against liberal jurisdictions who try to infringe or remove our right to bear arms.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2019, 09:52:36 AM »
In spite of the 2nd amendment the right of citizens to keep and bear arms has already been infringed. There is strong, organized opposition to firearms in our country. We are fortunate to have organizations like the NRA fighting for firearms rights.

Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2019, 02:55:38 PM »

If we didn't have the 2nd Amendment most if not all of our firearms rights would be long gone in nearly every liberal leaning area of this country if not the whole country. It is a constant battle for the NRA and other groups and individuals bringing lawsuits based on the 2nd Amendment against liberal jurisdictions who try to infringe or remove our right to bear arms.

That's simply not true......rights are not granted nor taken away by government, nor liberals.  Do you honestly believe that if the government decided to get rid of the 1st Amendment we would no longer have the right to free speech in this country ?
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2019, 03:18:52 PM »

That's simply not true......rights are not granted nor taken away by government, nor liberals.  Do you honestly believe that if the government decided to get rid of the 1st Amendment we would no longer have the right to free speech in this country ?

Try telling that to your North Korean friends.    Oh wait..... you can't, because they have nothing like a 1st amendment protection.

Do you seriously think that your natural rights can't be trampled by Gov't?

There are examples all around the world.

At least their right to keep and bear arms is intact.     Oh... wait.....
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2019, 03:53:55 PM »

Try telling that to your North Korean friends.    Oh wait..... you can't, because they have nothing like a 1st amendment protection.

Do you think that the government actually grants you the rights to freedom of speech, bearing of arms, practicing whichever religion you choose, etc., etc., etc. ?
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2019, 04:44:35 PM »

Do you think that the government actually grants you the rights to freedom of speech, bearing of arms, practicing whichever religion you choose, etc., etc., etc. ?
Given that those rights don't exist in most countries of the world, yes.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2019, 04:49:44 PM »
Or the rights are there, but not acknowledged and suppressed by those governments.

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2019, 05:02:52 PM »

Do you agree with the concept of a natural right ?  Please explain to me how a natural right, or unalienable right, can exist in one country but not another. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 05:14:06 PM by Igor »
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2019, 05:04:51 PM »
Or the rights are there, but not acknowledged and suppressed by those governments.

Or perhaps the citizens of those countries have simply surrendered their rights ?
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2019, 05:25:15 PM »

Do you agree with the concept of a natural right ?  Please explain to me how a natural right, or unalienable right, can exist in one country but not another.

Yes, I believe in Natural rights (or God given freedom).
But I also know that governments around the world trample those rights, and in many countries people haven't experienced their Natural rights for generations......   So they don't know what is their real birthright.
I think women have Natural Rights.....   But some countries consider them property.
I think slavery violates Natural Rights....   But evil men still enslave others.

Our Constitution was meant to enshrine our rights (not give them to us).

So, perhaps we don't really disagree.....   We're just spelling out our beliefs differently?

And since, upon re-reading my post it kind of feels like I baited you........   I didn't intend it that way.
Have a great day living out your freedom in The Greatest Country on God's Green Earth.    :tup:
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]