collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW Offers Reward for Information on Poached Bear Cub  (Read 2884 times)

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: WDFW Offers Reward for Information on Poached Bear Cub
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 03:13:02 PM »
Huh, according to WDFW, poaching is very well defined and does not include waste of meat:
Poaching is not defined in law. It is up to each individuals/agencies interpretation of what poaching is. I know some who say anyone who violate a fish/wildlife law is a poacher, even as minor as a barbed hook violation. Others say it is limited to overlimits, out of season, etc.

I quoted what WDFW said, they define it.  If they don't want to define it, maybe they shouldn't define it on their website.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 03:27:20 PM »
Huh, according to WDFW, poaching is very well defined and does not include waste of meat:
Poaching is not defined in law. It is up to each individuals/agencies interpretation of what poaching is. I know some who say anyone who violate a fish/wildlife law is a poacher, even as minor as a barbed hook violation. Others say it is limited to overlimits, out of season, etc.
I quoted what WDFW said, they define it.  If they don't want to define it, maybe they shouldn't define it on their website.
And like I said, it's not defined in law. So it is up to each individuals/agencies interpretation as to the definition is. Contrary to popular belief you can't be charged with "poaching", there's no such crime. It's a term people use to describe natural resource crimes.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 03:34:52 PM »
It's a commonly used layman word so I can understand its use in a public outreach for information; I'm sure the ticket wouldn't cite for "poaching" if they did actually find the person  :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal