collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Idaho Draw  (Read 21264 times)

Offline bigfish51

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: RMEF
Re: Idaho Draw
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2019, 08:47:44 PM »
Well heck, my son drew the unit 18 rifle mule deer tag. Woohoo!  Throw in the fact that he drew the Snake River rifle buck tag in OR, he has both shores of Hells Canyon covered. Looks like I’ll be sending my MT combo license back for a refund. I don’t have my bull permit in MT this year, so it doesn’t sting nearly as bad!

Offline j_h_nimrod

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2019, 08:55:10 PM »
Drew a deer, 1:19 between WA and ID. Better than 5% odds!

Offline elkchaser54

• Scout
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2019, 09:00:18 PM »
Not selected, story of my life

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2019, 09:47:22 PM »
Wohoo, got an extra whitetail doe tag!
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2019, 10:02:25 PM »
Holy cow!  Just found out that I drew Unit 55 early hunt.  This is the first quality tag I have ever drawn, anywhere.  If anyone has any G2 on the area, please PM me.  I've done some Google scouting, but I'll get boots on the ground next month. 
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2019, 10:03:56 PM »
Goose eggs. Daughter pulled an x tag but that's it. Whole lot of not selected for me this year  :'(
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Online jjhunter

• Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2019, 06:12:49 AM »
Holy cow!  Just found out that I drew Unit 55 early hunt.  This is the first quality tag I have ever drawn, anywhere.  If anyone has any G2 on the area, please PM me.  I've done some Google scouting, but I'll get boots on the ground next month.

Probably not a better opportunity out there to pattern and kill a giant velvet buck with a rifle.  I’d hunt it like it’s the last deer hunt you ever go on.  Good luck.  There are some scary big deer in there.

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2019, 07:09:15 AM »

Probably not a better opportunity out there to pattern and kill a giant velvet buck with a rifle.  I’d hunt it like it’s the last deer hunt you ever go on.  Good luck.  There are some scary big deer in there.

Thanks JJ.  I'm already starting to feel the weight of the tag... :chuckle:
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2019, 07:35:36 AM »
Nothing for our group.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2019, 08:31:27 AM »
Well heck, my son drew the unit 18 rifle mule deer tag. Woohoo!  Throw in the fact that he drew the Snake River rifle buck tag in OR, he has both shores of Hells Canyon covered. Looks like I’ll be sending my MT combo license back for a refund. I don’t have my bull permit in MT this year, so it doesn’t sting nearly as bad!
keep us posted on that 18 hunt, I saw a very nice buck in there years ago when I had that elk tag, good luck!  It’s beautiful backcountry if you guys hunt there.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2019, 08:51:50 AM »
Congrats to all that drew.
Get in shape.
Be accurate with your weapon.
Enjoy life.
Cheers!!

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2019, 09:06:18 AM »

yeah that's a tag you just quit your job for. get up above Oakley and don't ignore the city of rocks...

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2019, 09:15:57 AM »

yeah that's a tag you just quit your job for. get up above Oakley and don't ignore the city of rocks...

I just told my 12 year old.  Since this hunt is in August before school starts,  I'll take him with me.  He's besides himself with excitement just to come along. 

Offline theleo

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2019, 09:42:39 AM »
Struck out just as I planned. My rifles will be gathering dust when I head over there in September with my bow.

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2019, 08:15:35 PM »

I just told my 12 year old.  Since this hunt is in August before school starts,  I'll take him with me.  He's besides himself with excitement just to come along.

:tup: congrats great tag man have fun

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal