collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Duramax LB7 Injectors  (Read 2962 times)

Offline BeWitty

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
Re: Duramax LB7 Injectors
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 11:54:10 AM »
Yeah they need to be replaced. JET chevy ran a diagnostic on them a few months ago for the guy I bought it from and they said the #8 injector was bad and since then the white smoke has gotten worse so I’m assuming another has cracked as well.

It sounds like injectorsdirect aren’t a bad source  as long as you buy the Remanufactured and NOT the refurbished. And agreed, for a job this involved you replace them all at once.

I was told the injectors were originally replaced at 90k miles and now the truck has 190k so it seems about time to do it again. Thanks for the responses.

Offline BeWitty

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 07:54:50 PM »
I have decided to sell it without doing the repair. I realize I’ll get significantly less because It won’t pass emissions as is and needs to do that in order to get current registration. It’s an 03 with 196k 4x4 crew cab. Very clean inside and out, spray in bed liner with matching canopy. Leather and Bose speakers.

What’s is worth as is? $9-$10k? I see others 03s with similar miles go for $15/$16k.

Offline Whitpirate

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 09:53:00 PM »
Coach on here is a heck of a mechanic, I had him replace my injector pump on my 06, did a great job and was reasonable. Not sure what his business's name is, he's just north of Seattle I think.  @coach. Or. #coach

Automotive Inc, Kenmore, WA
Coach-- Corey Wisner. 206-522-6100

https://www.yelp.com/biz/automotive-kenmore-3

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal