collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: White River MF Bull Tag  (Read 10785 times)

Offline crowinghen

• Women's Board
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
Re: White River MF Bull Tag
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 08:29:09 AM »
That should be a fun hunt. Hubby had the archery tag last year. No bugling until the very last day,we were close to getting it done once or twice, but couldn't seal the deal. Still had a lot of fun, this was our first time really elk hunting. I called a bull 20 yards from me, Hubby had two bulls come in together probably less than that. If I would have cow called to distract, he probably would have been able to get a shot off, I just didn't think of it at the time.
I carried my 30-06 and ended up getting two bear.
Have fun and Good luck!

Offline Matth

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 09:17:32 AM »
Also best of luck on the hunt, if i had any info i would gladly give it to you.

Offline gutsnthegrass

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 11:07:05 AM »
This a great hunt no matter your style of hunting.  If you are a road hunter, buy the Hancock pass.  If you like to put miles on the boots, there is endless opportunities.  I have drawn the archery tag once and had a blast.  There is great hunting up around crystal mountain, and like another said, the PCT is a great place to hunt as well.  It is beautiful country to hunt when you get up in elevation.  Good luck and keep us all posted.

Offline swampjunke

• Pilgrim
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 11:46:42 AM »
Congrats! My son had the muzzy tag last year. My daughter drew the same MF tag as you you this year. We plan on spending allot of time in there this year. Huge area with elk scattered all over it. Drive it, find an elky spot and learn it. Don't get to picky it's a tough hunt with cosiderable tribal hunting and weekend hiker/campers. Get away from the roads if possible.  Feel free to PM me with any questions.
Oh, and make sure you bring a bear gun when when scouting, we had quite a few encounters.

Offline big al

• Pilgrim
    • alaldridge2
  • Groups: Arima Boats forum, NRA, RMEF,
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2019, 03:53:24 PM »
You don’t know where I live. There aren’t many choices for the bull tag, And I’m ready to prepare now for next October. You don’t need to put people down because you probably didn’t get drawn. It was 16 points for me.  I’m sure someone will point me in the tight direction yo start scouting.

Offline Bhunter253

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2019, 04:13:09 PM »
Congrats on the draw ... I also drew the same tag. Just bought the Hancock pass at a friend's direction who knows the unit well... are you planning on Hancock or the public side?

Offline BeerBugler

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2019, 05:13:46 PM »
Fun tag, I think you’ll really benefit from the new season dates. I had the tag last year, I was really looking forward to hunting it hard and finding a big one but then I drew a Nevada bull tag. 6 minutes in to opening day it was over, left for Nevada the next morning. I’ll be up there scouting for someone with the archery tag, happy to help out, pm any questions. Lots of bulls in the unit but the elk are in specific areas spread out over the entire unit.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2019, 10:17:39 PM »
CONGRATS ON YOUR DRAW!!

I am jealous.... and I don't scout that unit.

I hope to draw it someday just to see knuckleheads tell me I don't deserve it.

I hope you drop a beast and have a blast doing it.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2019, 12:14:03 AM »
Congrats on the draw. I had the tag like 8 years ago, so PM me if you need some advice.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline Gentrys

• Business Sponsor
  • Scout
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2019, 08:39:59 AM »
Big Al,
Congrats on the draw!
Ignore the negativity from some on this form.  They just don't get it.  As hunters, we should stick together and help each other out, not rip someone for not knowing an area they applied for.  For many of us, hunting new areas is exciting and rewarding.  You'll get some good advice here from guys who know the area.  Have a great hunt and be sure to post pics, successful or not.

Offline kselkhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2019, 08:59:38 AM »
Congrats on drawing that tag.  I put in for that unit as well, hoping to draw some year.  Never hunted it since there is no OTC for that unit, which makes some of the critical comments head scratchers (especially since it took 16 years to draw it).  I'd love to hunt it from the top side via the PCT dropping down to the west into the unit.   That's my plan if I ever draw it.  Although I'd probably buy the timber company access pass as well, as a backup plan.  Would love to draw that tag some year.  Good luck on your hunt, and please post results so those of us hoping to draw the tag some year can follow along. 

Offline Falcon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2019, 09:13:47 AM »
Congrats.  Had the tag a few years ago.  Fun hunt.   With that early start you can be anywhere in the unit and if you get snow late in the hunt, there are some great places to catch them migrating out of the park. 
I agree with others on buying the pass.  It’s cheaper than it used to be and will give you full access.   
I live in Enumclaw.   The elk numbers seem to be back to where’s they were in the 80s.
Have a great hunt.

Bryan
Cast all your anxiety upon him, for he cares for you.    1 Peter 5:7

Offline elksnout

• Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2019, 01:55:13 PM »
I also drew this tag. Twenty years of applying for quality and bull. First time drawing either. I don't have another twenty years left :) :)  It's scary how close I came to not applying for anything this year 'till my son told me I was being dummie.

It's understood what I'll need to do to punch my tag on this hunt. I'm 61 years old and my legs aren't what they used to be but I have heart and desire. Wish me luck boys.

Elksnout
Can't we all just get along?

Offline Not selected

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2019, 02:23:36 PM »
Buy the pass. Go in bridge gate. After you get over the bridge take a right for an opportunity for some good bulls. If you go to the left you will also have an opportunity for some good bulls. Good luck!

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2019, 08:46:16 PM »
Buy the pass. Go in bridge gate. After you get over the bridge take a right for an opportunity for some good bulls. If you go to the left you will also have an opportunity for some good bulls. Good luck!

:yeah: Park on the main road and walk back into the swamp on the old logging roads. There always seems to be a couple of bulls hanging in there.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]