collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: meateater buying first lite  (Read 24091 times)

Offline Jimmybelltown

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • So lucky to live in the PNW
    • belltownpizza
  • Groups: DU,RMEF,BCHA
Re: meateater buying first lite
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2019, 08:17:54 PM »
 I have had good luck with the FL socks and crotch rot from the boxers. I would rather talk about pizza then politics.

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2019, 09:05:43 PM »
I’m surprised they sold.  Must be more to it. Hopefully there aren’t any issues.

Offline Odell

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2019, 09:37:30 AM »
@stein well said.

@odell - oh come on man, you’ve been a hater since he killed his WA elk  :chuckle:

In all seriousness, it doesn’t help that the FL staff are VERY outspoken when it comes to politics. Tends to turn me off.

I'd like to think I can hate on that without being a complete hater. Really bugs me when someone becomes a celebrity and we have to treat them like a god with no criticism allowed. The fanboy or hater extremes is annoying. But yeah, that elk hunt soured me big time. Don't get me started again! lol
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2019, 09:46:34 AM »
Agree, fanboi's jump your butt a bit too quick if ya say any negatives

Hasn't stopped me yet though

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2019, 09:49:03 AM »
Agree, fanboi's jump your butt a bit too quick if ya say any negatives

Hasn't stopped me yet though

I see whatcha did there.

Offline Cab

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2019, 10:02:31 AM »
Best wool underwear I've tried is Duluth's Alaskan Hardgear(I think I got them for $20-$25). So what FL does to their wool is use a company I have had a few meetings with called Cocona with their 37.5 which provides a great tech for odor control/moisture control. They have tried to create new tech to help with durability of the wool as well. 37.5 is not really a company that specializes in wool, so I wouldn't be surprised if FL starts looking else where for new tech to help them with durability. My FL boxers lasted I think 3 washes and were toast but my Obsidian pants have held up so-so. Had to stitch up the zipper area a few times and a few small holes in shin area. I want to support FL but honestly the durability is just not there like I've experienced with Kuiu and Sitka.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2019, 10:03:55 AM »
@stein well said.

@odell - oh come on man, you’ve been a hater since he killed his WA elk  :chuckle:

In all seriousness, it doesn’t help that the FL staff are VERY outspoken when it comes to politics. Tends to turn me off.

I'd like to think I can hate on that without being a complete hater. Really bugs me when someone becomes a celebrity and we have to treat them like a god with no criticism allowed. The fanboy or hater extremes is annoying. But yeah, that elk hunt soured me big time. Don't get me started again! lol

I think if your top issue in life is hunting/fishing, then Steven Rinella could easily be your god.  He truly is one of the greatest voices for that arena right now.

That being said, if you have a life outside hunting/fishing, and weigh those passions with other personal belief systems or interests, then you may likely not always agree with his actions and statements. 

I certainly can't get behind everything he says, but I appreciate most of his work.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2019, 10:25:47 AM »
@stein well said.

I think if your top issue in life is hunting/fishing, then Steven Rinella could easily be your god.  He truly is one of the greatest voices for that arena right now.

That being said, if you have a life outside hunting/fishing, and weigh those passions with other personal belief systems or interests, then you may likely not always agree with his actions and statements. 

I certainly can't get behind everything he says, but I appreciate most of his work.
Well said..Renilla is a bit too REI for me, doesn't mean I can't admire what he does for the hunting community. Hope he turns FL into even better gear, as right now I'm probaly gonna buy sitka outerwear and wool base, but not FL base.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2019, 10:31:43 AM »
@stein well said.

Well said..Renilla is a bit too REI for me, doesn't mean I can't admire what he does for the hunting community. Hope he turns FL into even better gear, as right now I'm probaly gonna buy sitka outerwear and wool base, but not FL base.

It's no contest for me.  The Pro pricing for Sitka just can't be beat.

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2019, 10:44:41 AM »
Life is good for Steve!
Former Sitka President Kevin Sloan is currently CEO if MeatEater Inc... Hopefully he will have a good influence on First Lite.

Meateater is not Steve Rinella.

The real boss of the operation is movie producer, investor and pal of democratic hopefuls Peter Chernin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Chernin#Politics

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2019, 11:03:07 AM »
This is the stuff I have, 100% merino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I use. I love it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2019, 11:10:04 AM »
Just some background; Chernin's group owns a minority stake of MeatEater. The real boss of meateater is still Rinella and Kevin Sloan who is the CEO of meateater and former CEO of Sitka Gear.

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2019, 11:17:52 AM »
Just some background; Chernin's group owns a minority stake of MeatEater. The real boss of meateater is still Rinella and Kevin Sloan who is the CEO of meateater and former CEO of Sitka Gear.

Source?  That is contrary to what was reported at the time.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2019, 11:17:53 AM »
Just some background; Chernin's group owns a minority majority stake of MeatEater. The real boss of meateater is still Rinella and Kevin Sloan who is the CEO of meateater and former CEO of Sitka Gear.

Majority stakeholders are the real bosses, CEO's must answer to them or be replaced. 

https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/chernin-group-steven-rinella-meateater-1202964920/
https://www.multichannel.com/news/chernin-group-takes-control-steven-rinellas-meateater-inc

chernin group also produces Rinella's podcast. 

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2019, 11:18:57 AM »
Somebody got a slap down

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx