collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: meateater buying first lite  (Read 24117 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: meateater buying first lite
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2019, 11:21:36 AM »
Somebody got a slap down

beat me by 1 second  :chuckle:

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2019, 12:54:31 PM »
My mistake. I was parsing from the statement Rinella released.  Where he says the original meateater crew and new CEO retain 3 of the 5 board seats and he retains all creative rights.

https://www.themeateater.com/hunt/firearm-hunting/steven-rinella-addresses-questions-about-meateater-inc

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 01:43:01 PM by mburrows »

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2019, 01:06:14 PM »
Well, the money you spend on first lite products now goes to line this guys pockets. 
  Chernin has donated over $100,000 to the Democratic Party, candidates & associated organizations, as well as hosting Barack Obama at his home for a fundraiser in 2013.[46][47] He also supported Hillary Clintonin the run-up for the 2016 U.S. presidential election.[48]

Offline Cab

• Longhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2019, 01:36:33 PM »
I saw Rinella in Portland at a predators hunting convention. He didn't speak at all about predators but just about the history of hunters being conservationist. During the Q& A he didn't come off as friendly as I thought he would be or as he is shown on the show(especially when he is joking around with his buddies etc.) it kind of felt like he didn't want to be there which was a shame because the tickets were $100 each and that was my X-Mas gift from my wife. I was so pumped to see Steve live and all I got was 30mins of him talking about the same stuff he does on his show/podcast with an unfriendly Q&A. At the end I didn't even get in line to take a photo or get anything signed from him, I just went home disappointed. I feel like there was a thread on here about it afterwards and if I remember correctly I wasn't the only one disappointed. The saying never meet your heroes comes to mind. That said, I support him still and watch his show on Netflix but I stopped listening to the podcast. Great advocate for hunting and fishing but maybe not the nicest of guys.

Offline Jpmiller

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2019, 05:29:25 PM »
I saw Rinella in Portland at a predators hunting convention. He didn't speak at all about predators but just about the history of hunters being conservationist. During the Q& A he didn't come off as friendly as I thought he would be or as he is shown on the show(especially when he is joking around with his buddies etc.) it kind of felt like he didn't want to be there which was a shame because the tickets were $100 each and that was my X-Mas gift from my wife. I was so pumped to see Steve live and all I got was 30mins of him talking about the same stuff he does on his show/podcast with an unfriendly Q&A. At the end I didn't even get in line to take a photo or get anything signed from him, I just went home disappointed. I feel like there was a thread on here about it afterwards and if I remember correctly I wasn't the only one disappointed. The saying never meet your heroes comes to mind. That said, I support him still and watch his show on Netflix but I stopped listening to the podcast. Great advocate for hunting and fishing but maybe not the nicest of guys.

My sister in law has spent some time with him and his wife and speaks glowingly of him. She worked with his wife for a number of years and I got a personalized signed book out of the deal before I even knew who he was (he was already a big deal I was just oblivious). I think it's really easy for these public personalities to come across like you described when you're doing these "shows" all the time but I'll still give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Offline Odell

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2019, 08:32:17 PM »
You have to remember the podcast is entertainment, there is some persona building going on, one might even say almost acting. Go listen to his first appearance on the Joe Rogan podcast or some of his older media, Rinella even talks different now.

That’s not to say he isn’t friendly in real life, you just can’t expect a media entertainer to be the same person on the street.

Or maybe he was just having a bad day. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline Cab

• Longhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2019, 09:15:00 AM »
You have to remember the podcast is entertainment, there is some persona building going on, one might even say almost acting. Go listen to his first appearance on the Joe Rogan podcast or some of his older media, Rinella even talks different now.

That’s not to say he isn’t friendly in real life, you just can’t expect a media entertainer to be the same person on the street.

Or maybe he was just having a bad day. 

I've seen that JRE Podcast the first one was rough. I completely agree with you it was just a bummer and for all I know he might of had some personal stuff going on. I'm glad he is doing well because he is a great advocate for us.

Offline SteelheadTed

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2019, 12:49:17 PM »
@stein well said.

@odell - oh come on man, you’ve been a hater since he killed his WA elk  :chuckle:

In all seriousness, it doesn’t help that the FL staff are VERY outspoken when it comes to politics. Tends to turn me off.

I'd like to think I can hate on that without being a complete hater. Really bugs me when someone becomes a celebrity and we have to treat them like a god with no criticism allowed. The fanboy or hater extremes is annoying. But yeah, that elk hunt soured me big time. Don't get me started again! lol

Don't you think that if you are still bitter, even after Rinella apologized, that maybe the problem isn't Rinella?  I mean, what does a guy have to do to be forgiven by you?
I know I've lost it, let me know if you come across it

Offline SteelheadTed

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2019, 12:51:43 PM »
I don't know why but I get a slightly uneasy feeling about the whole meateater expansion. I'm literally reading into nothing so don't expect a rational defense of my position but I don't like it. Anybody else feeling this?

I think I understand your hesitancy since we've seen examples of so many things go wrong as political correctness and societal pressure builds.  BUT, if anyone can do this the right way, I think Rinella can.

Offline Odell

• Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2019, 02:19:28 PM »
@stein well said.

@odell - oh come on man, you’ve been a hater since he killed his WA elk  :chuckle:

In all seriousness, it doesn’t help that the FL staff are VERY outspoken when it comes to politics. Tends to turn me off.

I'd like to think I can hate on that without being a complete hater. Really bugs me when someone becomes a celebrity and we have to treat them like a god with no criticism allowed. The fanboy or hater extremes is annoying. But yeah, that elk hunt soured me big time. Don't get me started again! lol

Don't you think that if you are still bitter, even after Rinella apologized, that maybe the problem isn't Rinella?  I mean, what does a guy have to do to be forgiven by you?

I didn’t bring it up and I’m not bitter.

This is a perfect example of the problem, you can’t even hold an opinion that’s not gushing with approval or you somehow become a bitter person who can’t forgive?

Good grief.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2019, 02:31:17 PM »
@stein well said.

This is a perfect example of the problem, you can’t even hold an opinion that’s not gushing with approval or you somehow become a bitter person who can’t forgive?

Good grief.

Hater!

:chuckle:

Offline Odell

• Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2019, 03:19:50 PM »
@stein well said.

Good grief.

Hater!

I guess I should start a blog.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2019, 03:21:34 PM »
@stein well said.

Good grief.

Hater!

I guess I should start a blog. podcast.

Fixed it for ya.

Offline Odell

• Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2019, 03:23:38 PM »
hahaha showing my age...nobody blogs anymore

Offline SteelheadTed

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2019, 05:43:23 PM »
@stein well said.

Good grief.

This is probably one of those issues that is hard to type out and capture exactly what either of us our saying.  I think you misunderstand me and I probably misunderstand you.  This is a better conversation over a beer, or in elk camp.

All good.  Happy hunting.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal