collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Looking to give an archery shop a lot of money  (Read 8589 times)

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
Re: Looking to give an archery shop a lot of money
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2019, 12:53:25 PM »
Rock Creek in Enumclaw
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline Bowhunter3

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2019, 02:42:34 PM »
Riverside archery in mt Vernon. Hands down the best guys to get you set up. They’ll spend all the time you need getting you set up and dialed in.

Offline OltHunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scout
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2019, 10:12:29 PM »
Rock Creek for me too. Especially if you can get down during the week during work hours.  He got me setup quick with bullet holes in no time and peep aligned.  But he didn't do yoke or cam timing, but i have a press and it needed a few twists here and there for a true tune.  you can tune a bullet hole with a rest, but it's not going to be in the sweet spot for the bow and will show up farther down range.  I'm always interested to see someone else's process and beliefs so i went in there acting like a rookie.

With that said, if you are going to spend the money, i'd recommend you also spend some money and get your own press (around $250 for EZ Gree Press) and a draw board ($100).  Strings will fall out of tune, nocks will rotate, new arrows will take it out of tune, new rests, a drop, etc.

Learning to do it yourself is a long term investment and it's really not that hard with YouTube and series from Bowtech, Dudley, and Gillingham among others.  Don't be intimated by it all.  It's actually easier than you think.

I'd be willing to bet if you never learn it, and always take it into a shop when something pops up, you're going to lose the interest and passion that drives a lot of us and your money will go to waste or you might make a shot that results in a lost animal or miss.  I feel having good enough results is not good enough for the animals we pursue and you should be doing everything in your power and time to get it as good as possible to your skill set and level. 

Sorry for the sidetrack, just wanted the throw that out there....Good luck!

Offline Matth

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2019, 10:18:18 AM »
I drive 3 hrs to do business with XXX archery. This is slower time of year and wont be a mad house with orders and people. Corey will take the time and treat you great.
And you get to play with giant bulldogs.

Offline LandofRath

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2019, 07:28:28 AM »
Im really happy with the bow shop in BOBs Sporting goods in Longview.. I was having issues at another shop and he has completely changed the way I thought of bow shops.. Very helpful and because if that he will get my Money.

Offline ridgefire

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2019, 10:30:02 PM »
I have had nothing but good luck with Bill or Miachel at the Nock Point. Gary at Riverside Archery is good too.

Offline bracer40

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2019, 04:28:46 PM »
I’ve had equally great experiences with Denton @ Rock Creek Archery and the guys at Riverside in Mt Vernon. Both were very helpful, answered all of my questions (I usually bring a lot of em! I always try to learn from pros when I have the chance) and took as much time as needed to get things right. It probably helped that I’m able to get into their shops during weekday business hours AND ideally, not two weeks before season opener 😏
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw