collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: blue Mtns. foothills east ???????  (Read 9094 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: blue Mtns. foothills east ???????
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 10:03:07 PM »
Toughest tag I have ever been on.  Sorry to say that, we had a great hunt but finding Mr. Whitey on public land up in the top will not be easy.

We saw tons of great mulies, sheep, turkeys, eagles, ducks, geese and a great museum, but exactly zero white tail on public.

You can look down a thousand feet or more and see plenty on private by the rivers and creeks.

In my opinion, this should not be a draw tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends how you look at it. The farmers that own land there in those units kill great bucks every year. 
I feel like it’s one of those permit hunts where you have to pay attention to what you’re applying for unless you have access or you own land in the applicable units.  If it’s mostly private ground and you don’t have access to said private ground, maybe it’s not the hunt for you.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline nwhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • nwhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2019, 10:55:05 PM »
West foothill tags are for the westsiders with no access to private and east foothill tag should be for guys that have some private access to have a good hunt... There are bucks up high but not like down low.. Have your boy knock on some doors after harvest is over and well before general deer season starts and you might get on some ground..

Offline Joseph wilcox

• Tracker
  • Groups: unsc
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2019, 08:16:59 AM »
 He is 21 and never had a opportunity at a branched buck, your correct on this draw, being his 4th pick. I think he was just wigging it cause I've never seen a 4th pic come up before. Thanks for all the info we will be doing some knocking on doors and ckin out the country over there. thanks again guys.

Online SemperFidelis97

• Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2019, 10:06:00 AM »
Toughest tag I have ever been on.  Sorry to say that, we had a great hunt but finding Mr. Whitey on public land up in the top will not be easy.

We saw tons of great mulies, sheep, turkeys, eagles, ducks, geese and a great museum, but exactly zero white tail on public.

You can look down a thousand feet or more and see plenty on private by the rivers and creeks.

Depends how you look at it. The farmers that own land there in those units kill great bucks every year. 
I feel like it’s one of those permit hunts where you have to pay attention to what you’re applying for unless you have access or you own land in the applicable units.  If it’s mostly private ground and you don’t have access to said private ground, maybe it’s not the hunt for you.

Jackelope knows what he is talking about.  That is a tough hunt without local connections, the best advice I can give is stay mobile those deer are on the move that time of year.

Offline emac

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2019, 12:45:28 PM »
I would love to draw this tag but the wdfw hate me and says no every year

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2019, 12:48:51 PM »
Jackelope knows what he is talking about. 

Without a doubt, this biggest load of BS I've read since April 10, 2008, 09:27:12 PM

:chuckle:
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2019, 01:18:08 PM »
Jackelope knows what he is talking about. 

Without a doubt, this biggest load of BS I've read since April 10, 2008, 09:27:12 PM

You shut your mouth. Some people see my true potential!! I'm a star!!

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2019, 02:39:32 PM »
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Online SemperFidelis97

• Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2019, 08:56:24 PM »

Offline Joseph wilcox

• Tracker
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2019, 06:07:26 AM »
Looking on my onx whats up with the privet land that say huntable and show parking areas? are these areas for sure cool to hunt? also any one know any good trailer camping spots in the blue mt east area down lower.

Offline Jimmer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2019, 07:13:12 AM »

Exactly.. I have tons of private access, but didn’t get drawn. Kinda a waste for to put in if you have no idea about the area.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2019, 09:35:02 AM »
Looking on my onx whats up with the privet land that say huntable and show parking areas? are these areas for sure cool to hunt? also any one know any good trailer camping spots in the blue mt east area down lower.

They’re not “for sure cool to hunt” unless they specify that it’s “Feel free to hunt” land. There is feel free land, there is hunt by reservation land and there is hunt by written permission land along with pieces of public ground. There’s also areas that are feel free to hunt but you have to sign into  a log book. I know of a couple of those areas within the boundaries of that permit.
You have to determine what you’re looking at and go from there.

Offline Joseph wilcox

• Tracker
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2019, 12:37:51 PM »
Ya that's what I thought, actually was thinking a lot of those on onx are prob bird hunting access.

Offline TheGreenHunter

• Pilgrim
blue Mtns. foothills east ???????
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2019, 09:37:12 PM »
When I was scouting that area back in august, most of the properties showing on OnX were hunt by written permission which requires contacting the property owner. 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2019, 10:32:29 AM »
When I was scouting that area back in august, most of the properties showing on OnX were hunt by written permission which requires contacting the property owner. 

:yeah:
And the parking areas that are noted are where the landowner wants people to park I believe.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 08:43:32 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg