collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Nooksack Quality Elk Access  (Read 4359 times)

Offline BB90

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Nooksack Quality Elk Access
« on: June 28, 2019, 04:07:46 PM »
It looks like I hit the jackpot and got drawn for the Nooksack Quality Archery tag.  I have bear hunted the outskirts of the unit for years but open to any suggestions.  It seems like there is elk or sign just about everywhere that I've been in the unit.  I've always liked hunting the high country so I will probably be punishing myself unnecessarily but that's more fun to me than shooting one out of someone's back yard.

I haven't gotten any info on the Sierra Pacific Access yet.  Is there any chance that someone on this site has a copy of the access map?  I have been doing a lot of Google Earth Scouting around the Twin Sister Range and Bald Mountain.  Just wondering which roads I will actually be able to drive back there.  Hoping to get within 5 miles or so of the spots I've been looking at.

I am sure that I will be getting more info in the mail before too long but I'm just itching to do as much research as I can ASAP.  Any info on the process or the hunt would be super appreciated!

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
Re: Nooksack Quality Elk Access
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 04:08:50 PM »
PM sent

Offline 3nails

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Frontiersman
    • Jeff Hinkle
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 05:05:34 PM »
 Did you buy the Weyerhaueser permit? If not you won't be able to get anywhere near the Twin Sisters.
Amadeo
https://www.youtube.com/@3nails337

Instagram    3nails_hinkle

Offline bench beast

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 07:02:05 PM »
My son drew a muzzle loader tag. The folks here have been very helpful. Good luck to you.
SHUT UP & BENCH ! ! ! Bench BIG or go Home.

Offline JBar

• The Family "Guide"
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 07:53:30 PM »
You'll get the info and make sure you attend the meeting. Talk to the Bio he's a good guy and hunter himself. Cant remember his name off hand but he'll be at the meeting. There are some great bulls with lots of mass, have fun and good luck on your hunt!
Shut up and Hunt!

Offline BB90

• Pilgrim
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 09:09:47 AM »
Did you buy the Weyerhaueser permit? If not you won't be able to get anywhere near the Twin Sisters.

No I did not buy the permit for Weyerhaueser

Offline johnnyaustin44

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 09:16:56 AM »
You won’t get access to the seirra land until a week before your hunt. That’s what they did last year anyways. The bulls were pretty quiet until later in September last year as well. Hopefully that’s not the case for you guys this year.

Offline BA Mongor

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2019, 03:50:10 PM »
PM me BB and I can help steer you to some higher country spots in the Sierra land, as I to am not a field hunter and wanted some solitude.

Offline spin05

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 01:27:04 AM »
It looks like I hit the jackpot and got drawn for the Nooksack Quality Archery tag.  I have bear hunted the outskirts of the unit for years but open to any suggestions.  It seems like there is elk or sign just about everywhere that I've been in the unit.  I've always liked hunting the high country so I will probably be punishing myself unnecessarily but that's more fun to me than shooting one out of someone's back yard.

I haven't gotten any info on the Sierra Pacific Access yet.  Is there any chance that someone on this site has a copy of the access map?  I have been doing a lot of Google Earth Scouting around the Twin Sister Range and Bald Mountain.  Just wondering which roads I will actually be able to drive back there.  Hoping to get within 5 miles or so of the spots I've been looking at.

I am sure that I will be getting more info in the mail before too long but I'm just itching to do as much research as I can ASAP.  Any info on the process or the hunt would be super appreciated!

BB9 how many points did you have for the draw

Offline Rainier core

• Pilgrim
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 11:45:22 AM »
I drew the archer tag as well. Have you received any info on the meeting?

Offline slinger

• Tracker
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »
I drew the muzzle loader tag as well. Haven't received any thing in the mail yet.

Offline bench beast

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2019, 07:20:58 PM »
My son drew a muzzle load tag also.  He received his info on Friday.
SHUT UP & BENCH ! ! ! Bench BIG or go Home.

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 07:26:36 AM »
Does hunt wa have all the nooksak tags this year or what

Offline BB90

• Pilgrim
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 03:18:29 PM »

BB9 how many points did you have for the draw

I had 9 points.

Offline BB90

• Pilgrim
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 03:20:55 PM »
I drew the archer tag as well. Have you received any info on the meeting?

I just got my tag in the mail yesterday.  It says that the meeting for the Sierra Access is on August 17, so not much time for scouting in there.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal