collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Good article in the Chronicle about elk hoof rot study.  (Read 6870 times)

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
Re: Good article in the Chronicle about elk hoof rot study.
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2019, 04:46:28 PM »
They have and it is in water and ocean and many wells.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2019, 04:54:44 PM »
Wouldn’t that be a major lawsuit? They had to stop using chemicals that killed the birds. What is the difference?
Polluting the wells and water is a big deal.!!

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2019, 04:56:43 PM »
No I am saying trep bacteria is in many healthy soils.  Probably outside our houses.  No big deal.  I am saying it has been shown to be present in most hoof rot cases.  I am saying prolonged exposure and ingestion of hazardous chemicals cause long term health issues presented in many forms to many animals and is very hard to diagnose/isolate.  Much like people and our issues with unsafe chemicals for years/decades not knowing it was harmful.  Like roundup for example.  BPA's, it is an endless list it seems.  Did ya know many of these sprays can cross the blood/brain barrier?  Mercury does this as well.  Which is why it was used in vaccines for years and was proclaimed to be "safe"!  Experiments with lab animals have been done proving dangers of many sprays dependant on dosages.  Did ya know our lovely Gov. allows these companies to conduct their own study to verify safety, but they stupidvise of course.  Did ya know they contribute HUGE donations to campaign lobby?  It is corrupt and about making a dollar more than safety.  Did ya know most of civilized countries have banned many of these?  Just saying as something to consider in our thoughts.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2019, 10:43:04 AM »
After seeing the condition these elk were in my son spent each evening reading about hoof rot.Within an hour he confirmed what I already suspected.Herbicides may have an effect but are not the cause of hoof rot.I am not going into detail and would suggest everyone do their own research before blaming it all on spraying.The fact is that hoof rot is a death sentence for any elk that gets it.It is not just a bad case of toe jam,these elk are dying of infection and it is plain to see.Hoof rot knows no borders,without a vaccine it will continue to spread.It's in a large part of the landscape now and as more elk get it the further it spreads.
Herbicides are not causal. It is suggested by many, including esteemed biologists, that ingesting sprayed plants reduces immunity resistance to the effect of the bacteria on ungulates. There are no trepanemes or leptospira in pesticides. These are and have been, however, very common bacteria in damp climates. Why they hadn't caused hoof disease prior to the late 80s is the question. What has changed in the last 30 years?
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2019, 08:31:06 PM »
Well said Piano, I see you have done some serious digging into this!  I wish more would do the same.  Arguing and stressing points usually just ends in futility.  I actually learned of this potential problem while digging into autism 8-9 years ago.  There is some overlapping concerns.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2019, 08:32:16 AM »
There's a reason that both glyphosate and atrazine were both banned in Europe over a decade ago. The reason was not because they hated farmers and loggers.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2019, 10:03:10 AM »
 :yeah:  Organic people, organic.  Best thing we can try to do.  Yes and there is about 10 other chemicals being used that we not talking about, YET?
MAGA!  Again..

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal