collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Newman lake, Liberty lake  (Read 3466 times)

Offline fliesitdies

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Tracker
Newman lake, Liberty lake
« on: July 15, 2019, 08:55:10 PM »
We have been looking at homes to retire around these lakes, have any of you fished these lakes or others in the area ? I know there's lots of wildlife in the area. Thanks in advance
Fliesitdies

Offline KopperBuck

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Newman lake, Liberty lake
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 10:16:22 AM »
What do you want to know about them? Used to fish one of them at least once a week when I was living up there, not to mention every lake within about 50 miles.

Offline fliesitdies

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 09:20:49 PM »
Just looking for some places  to catch crappie, trout in that general area.
Thanks

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 08:40:59 AM »
Had a buddy that lived near Liberty lake and he fished it often for trout. Went with him once, wasn't stellar but we caught a few. Don't know about crappie. He would launch his boat and fish after work.

Offline Henrydog

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, RMEF, Phesants Forever
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 10:10:29 AM »
Fished them both for years 30 years but have not in that last 2 if that tells you anything.  Liberty is good for browns right after ice off...after that nothing but mastercraft snowflakes and the worst boat ramp in the state.  Newman has not had trout for years.  There are some stunted crappie in newman and some big muskie....but in the last 5 years the carp have ruined that lake. 

Look at Hauser, better fishing and you can escape Wa

Offline dwils233

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 10:53:28 AM »
Newman is shallow, and gets hot and weedy. Definitely a warmwater species lake. It's a beautiful area and you can get onto IEP land on the northside of it I believe.

If you want a good trout fishery or mixed species, I would look north instead around the Spokane/Stevens county line at those lakes
A promise made is a debt unpaid, and the trail has its own stern code

Offline KopperBuck

• Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 11:00:38 AM »
There are crappie in almost every lake around there. For decent trout waters you'll probably want to expand out and more north. Both in WA and ID.

Offline Dhoey07

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
    • No Facebook for this guy
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 11:17:57 AM »
Lots of good trout water across the border.  Great pan and pike fishing too.

Offline tbrinks

• Pilgrim
    • facebook.com/tylertbrinks
  • Groups: Professional Outdoor Media Association (POMA)
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 01:57:07 PM »
Both are great little fisheries, especially for bass. Both also have plenty of crappie. If trout is your thing, Liberty has tons of browns and rainbows and they are pretty easy to catch early in the year. Newman isn't stocked with trout so you won't find any.

Here's a look at some of Newman Lake where you can find some big bass.

Offline KopperBuck

• Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 07:09:30 PM »
What app did you pull that from? Looks interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tbrinks

• Pilgrim
    • facebook.com/tylertbrinks
  • Groups: Professional Outdoor Media Association (POMA)
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 12:00:36 PM »
What app did you pull that from? Looks interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, missed this reply somehow. That's from the Navionics Boating app. It also allows you to do weather, tides, winds, etc. I'm on it constantly. You can also adjust for low water levels like we are seeing this fall on some lakes.

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2019, 10:17:51 PM »
Lap up some sloppy trout meat from any one of these lakes mentioned , then go to the mighty Columbia and enjoy some fine trout n wall eye , then decide where u want to consume the nearby fair for the reast of your life , after spending your life saveings I can tell you it won't be Newman lake or liberty lake for sure , unless you don't mind  a submerine desquised as a boat , that's full of water , that way it makes tidle wave size wakes so the clown dressed in  his floatable flash dan ce costume can get more air , these clowns have every right to ruin your day so think about those things before you invest in a totally covered lake shore of homes , cabins , docks , flag poles , water slides, Barb b Q's ,parties ,tubes boats , paddle boats canoes , jet skis ,party barges , and of course the sense less fisherman , I've lived near these mudholes all my life , so believe it or not , oh and don't consider Williams lake either , but I won't get into how a single resort can ruin a great fly fishing lake ! Clinks sucks !!!!!!!
loction location location ! perzackly !

Offline Buckhunter24

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2019, 10:19:59 PM »
 Took the words right out of my mouth

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2019, 10:27:33 PM »
Hook line n sinker ? 🤣

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2019, 11:01:47 PM »
 :bdid:That's it ! The fire has been lit ! Do u no how long it takes a 80 year old man to park a mobile home ? Well I do ! Cuz I sat through it , I believe 8 times at the what I like to call the siv n funnle resort called Clinks  , they get all there lifetime investers parked and put to bed , then they will come see why you the unexspectedly fool has thought your going to camp n fish , well after how my next two days we're going to be drawn out for me I was ushered off to my hermedically measured slot , we're me and my 1987 holiday rambler we're going to be packed into , so I backed r into my slot ,,,, ( in 1 minute !!! ) Pulled my mirrors in so the sardines besides us could get out of there window and said to my self , how did I end up here ??!! If u lose your mind and end up there , don't think your gunna see the lake anytime soon cuz u can't it's so housed n cabined up u can't walk anywhere without being a n someone's Rose garden , or makeing foot prints on somebody's freegn lawn !I didn't take the enjoyable opertunity to tell our friends that sewage is still going into this freegn sweat hole ,I just went to test the new alternator in the vessle ,woke up next morning , opened my side door and almost stepped in my niebors breakfast , but the bbq's smoke signaled me away , I excused my sleep drunk self and headed to the crooked bait shop for a snikers bar and some power bait , well after everybody finished there life's stories at the counter some guy accidently noticed me I geuss and began to drain my wallet over two very small items , sikers bar $1.89 ! Power bait $9.99 !! , I left empty handed ! On the way back to my slot I evedenly left the oproved roadway home and was confronted by the fun police and told to only walk on the roads ! Oh o k , I'll go a head and add 3 blocks to my trip to the crooks counter , funnle n siv ? U ask well the funnle is the entry gate and the Siv is where u actually get to see water ! That's the little access micro dock piece everybody gets in boats , canoes, fish tubes , but n gut stations , believe me if can get to this point u and your wallet will understand the funnle n siv theory compleatly ,and of course let's not for get that the whole time your there cabins are being built bot sold condemed n replaced as fast as old folks pass but before you leave screeming n yelling at yourself for doing this , don't forget to arrange to have your new cabin delivered ,,,, ( to a different body of water cuz the fish meat there is disgusting , and we were there very early in the year we got two 24 inch breeders that tasted like crap and cooked into mush ! AGAIN WITH THE MIGHTY COLUMBIA !!! that's we're u will find the 1987 holiday rambler parked , and I have a great slot , THE WHOLE FREEGN PLCE ! WHEW ! THAT WAS A STRAIN
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 11:09:44 PM by cryder »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:04:10 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]