collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Oh no, the poor grizzlies  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Oh no, the poor grizzlies
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 08:15:33 PM »
good news

:tup: :tup:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 09:24:59 PM by KFhunter »

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 08:18:06 PM »
:'(

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/feb/03/long-closed-road-bisecting-grizzly-habitat-to-reop/?fbclid=IwAR192Dm9fvIlpacVUL2xWCynPXC3y4SHs3XXbN9fiJAU7NP6CxjgWN01WKc
You would be surprised at how much area is set aside in stevens +ferry county for lynx and all kinds of critters .Not that you can't hunt it .They just won't log it .maintain roads,or general access .But your allowed to still hunt it.Its just walk in only.I'm fine with that.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Jpmiller

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 06:56:24 PM »

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/feb/03/long-closed-road-bisecting-grizzly-habitat-to-reop/?fbclid=IwAR192Dm9fvIlpacVUL2xWCynPXC3y4SHs3XXbN9fiJAU7NP6CxjgWN01WKc
You would be surprised at how much area is set aside in stevens +ferry county for lynx and all kinds of critters .Not that you can't hunt it .They just won't log it .maintain roads,or general access .But your allowed to still hunt it.Its just walk in only.I'm fine with that.

Is there any official maps off the boundaries of these areas?

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 07:42:36 PM »

To tell ya honestly never seen any maps or such.But worked in the woods for many years doing contracts for the forest service and can tell ya there where areas that was off limits to any tree cutting .Believe it or not that's up to you.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Jpmiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 06:50:21 AM »
Oh I definitely believe it I was just curious about an official maps. Would be nice to know just from an access standpoint but I have no doubt such areas exist.

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 08:38:10 AM »
These animal protection groups need to get real. It's not like this road is going to have any volume of traffic on it. It's just going to be a border patrol vehicle once in a while.  I've lived around grizzlies/brown bears for over 30 years and I can tell you they don't avoid roads as a matter of preference, in fact they like to use roads themselves. Much easier meandering down a road than fighting heavy brush. I even have a photo I took this summer of a grizzly walking down the Alcan highway near Kluane Lake. The cars didn't bother him at all. there were about 10 vehicles stopped getting pictures of him.  I finally went down the road and got ahead of him and stopped and rolled my passenger window down and as he walked by my truck I snapped a picture. He never gave me a second glance.

What does affect their use of roads and areas close to roads is people shooting at them. As long as vehicles full of hunters or I should say poachers aren't using this road, the bears will think nothing of it except for it will be an easy way for them to get around.

A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline Buckhunter24

• Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 08:53:17 AM »

To tell ya honestly never seen any maps or such.But worked in the woods for many years doing contracts for the forest service and can tell ya there where areas that was off limits to any tree cutting .Believe it or not that's up to you.

I dont believe there is anyone map for the entire region. Every sale area goes through the NEPA process and lynx habitat is identified at that time for the potential sale area. Someone may be compiling each mapped area into one master map but ive never seen it. NEPA documents are public information, so if you were curious anout a speciific area you could probably track it down on the USFS website. That would be easiest to do if you knew the sale name.

Offline Buckhunter24

• Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 09:10:43 AM »
Page 57 through 65 in the management plan outlines habitat objectives.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/colville/landmanagement/planning

Actual mapped boundaries would be done at the project level.

Offline Cougartail

• Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 10:23:40 AM »
Humans causing 77% to 90% of Grizzly deaths in North America is an absolute lie. The #1 cause of Grizzly deaths is other Grizzlies.
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]