collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Idaho Commission Meeting  (Read 17343 times)

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: Idaho Commission Meeting
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2019, 07:48:44 PM »
The last time Idaho increased fees they only increased resident fees, non-residents did not get an increase. Most states do not have any discount for non-resident youth, even if Idaho raises the nonresident youth fees that is still a deal as compared to most western states where all nonresidents pay full NR fees. OIL species will get the biggest increase, but there are so many non-residents applying that the 10% quota for non-residents will likely be easily met. The only two unreasonable increases in my opinion are the bow/muzzy permits, and the elk tags. I would think doubling the permits is plenty and increasing elk by $100 should be adequate. Even still they are not really out of line on that pricing.
not entirely true dale. CO, MT, Kansas, and WY just to name a few all offer youth discounts to NR. Many more have steeply discounted license fees but full price tag fees but that can still add up to a good bit of coin.

Like I said before, as a guy who applies for EVERY western state these price increases get frustrating as I'm doing it all on an extremely limited budget but I get that Bill's need to be paid. Leave the kids and vets alone though. That's just pure greed plain and simple :twocents:

:yeah:

Looking forward, we need to have kids out there doing quality hunts or we will look back from our wheelchairs and wonder why hunting is a thing of the past.  I know we all walked 20 miles through thigh deep snow uphill both ways to hunt when we were kids, but there is serious competition today from all different things.  I took a kid fishing today with a free license and he hooked 8-10 fish and had a blast.  That experience benefits all of us more than whatever the state could have charged him.  If the fee is high and the regulations are complex, bye bye, we are the last generation of sportsmen.

As far as vets, shoot, that's the least we can do - if I was king anyone who served in a war would have lifetime hunting and fishing for free at a minimum.

If they really need money, hit up the general fund or bill me, but don't turn the kids away.  There are enough barriers in place already.

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2019, 08:53:21 PM »
When I was a WA Resident and before they changed it and allowed Disabled Vets to hunt at resident prices I spent $1100 a year to hunt Idaho.  I'm not a rich man, but in the grand scheme of things its really a small part of the overall Hunting budget..not saying I enjoyed paying it, but it was still worth and this was several years ago.
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2019, 09:46:21 PM »
This will be our 13th year I believe hunting Idaho back country  DIy with our kids since birth. Luckily for me I'm a highly experienced and needed trades person anywhere in the world.  So I guess if prices are so high to hunt there as a NR then we will move there and take advantage of the lifetime license as a resident. Due to the pure fact of demographics Idaho is a great place to be for along time.
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2019, 09:46:51 PM »
Yeah Fred if you’re pot committed to da ho then it’s not a big deal...or at least not the end of the world. But if’n you’re KB and it’s just another pile of money going to Idaho and you still have 68 other states to apply in then it becomes a major pain!!
As mentioned I’m not sure why the numbers are wrong...a wolf tag is now $31, not $184.25, and elk is $416.75 not $415. I don’t get it.
Lord Grizzly, thoughts on all this?
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

Offline Hot Lunch

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2019, 10:00:56 AM »
Hunters are a wealthy bunch. $60,000 trucks, expensive quads, toy haulers, sitka. The tag increase isnt slowing anyone down from playing.

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2019, 10:18:21 AM »
Hunters are a wealthy bunch. $60,000 trucks, expensive quads, toy haulers, sitka. The tag increase isnt slowing anyone down from playing.
I have none of the above :tup:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline meatwhack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2019, 11:21:41 AM »
I kind of wish they’d have increased deer tags higher than that proposal. I liked the days when they never sold out so you could hunt and if you filled a tag and had enough time left to hunt you had the option of going to the store and picking up another tag.

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2019, 11:31:56 AM »
The last time Idaho increased fees they only increased resident fees, non-residents did not get an increase. Most states do not have any discount for non-resident youth, even if Idaho raises the nonresident youth fees that is still a deal as compared to most western states where all nonresidents pay full NR fees. OIL species will get the biggest increase, but there are so many non-residents applying that the 10% quota for non-residents will likely be easily met. The only two unreasonable increases in my opinion are the bow/muzzy permits, and the elk tags. I would think doubling the permits is plenty and increasing elk by $100 should be adequate. Even still they are not really out of line on that pricing.
not entirely true dale. CO, MT, Kansas, and WY just to name a few all offer youth discounts to NR. Many more have steeply discounted license fees but full price tag fees but that can still add up to a good bit of coin.

Like I said before, as a guy who applies for EVERY western state these price increases get frustrating as I'm doing it all on an extremely limited budget but I get that Bill's need to be paid. Leave the kids and vets alone though. That's just pure greed plain and simple :twocents:

In Montana a Youth combo is $533. IF they are hunting with a non resident relative who bought a deer/elk combo for 1065 can purchase for 533. How is Idaho out of line compared to that?

Online Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2019, 11:35:50 AM »

In Montana a Youth combo is $533. IF they are hunting with a non resident relative who bought a deer/elk combo for 1065 can purchase for 533. How is Idaho out of line compared to that?
I didnt say it was. I just pointed out that MT did in fact offer a discounted youth option.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875

Online Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2019, 11:37:10 AM »
I get a kick out of all the Idaho residents who only show up to talk down WA and WA residents ON A WASHINGTON HUNTING FORUM  :chuckle:

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2019, 11:50:09 AM »
I don't know if that's directed at me but I wasn't trying to talk down WA hunters. I just don't see how Idaho is out of line with their price increase when compared to any other state. This is the only hunting forum I have been on and I have never big game hunted Washington personally.I checked it out when my kid was hunting there as a non-res youth and got hooked :chuckle: Most of the good topics are all about hunting Idaho or Montan anyways!  I have read more about hunting Idaho and Montana than any thing else and that's the 2 state I hunt every year. I do get sucked into the occasional wolf thread though  :chuckle:

Offline Bigshooter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2019, 12:22:29 PM »
I remember when out of state tag price increases use to get me worked up.  :chuckle:
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2019, 12:26:14 PM »

Washington treats all youth hunters (resident and non-resident) the same.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Bigshooter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2019, 12:44:46 PM »
 Nursing Home Fishing Permit 33.00 N/A ??????????????????:chuckle: :dunno:
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Offline buglebrush

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2019, 03:34:05 PM »

This one isn't, and doesn't own any of that stuff.  It's becoming a game for only the wealthy, and that truly is sad.  I've been taking all my kids hunting in Idaho, because the seasons are so incredibly short in WA it's hard to put any amount of time in.  The youth tag increase is really really disappointing!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal