collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Area 10 evening fish  (Read 1985 times)

Offline ryanfam

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
Area 10 evening fish
« on: August 08, 2019, 09:57:30 AM »
Nice evening bite last night in Jeff Head area. Two of us in the boat got our kings and one big pink. Kings fell to an ace high and pink to a spoon. All fish caught right on the bottom. The floating grass islands are a pain to deal with.

Online Mfowl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Area 10 evening fish
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 11:27:23 AM »
Nice! I was out there through the AM high tide, fishing was tough. Just saw a couple pinks caught. The grass and debris made it very difficult to fish effectively.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 08:42:30 AM »
made it out with my wife last night, she got her biggest king of the year and her smile was priceless.
ended the night with 2 nice kings and a nice 7 lb coho  :tup:

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 09:18:11 AM »
Good to hear about coho starting to show in the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Sourdough
Area 10 evening fish
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 11:19:39 PM »
FWIW fish checker tonight said 10 would probably close down on Friday, I haven't seen anything on the WDFW site...so take it with a grain of salt, just wanted to share.  Personally, I'd imagine it will be open through at least the weekend.
I think the thought is to preserve some of the chinook encounter quota to ensure the coho fishery...but what do i know  :dunno:
Hit the evening tide and got a 14 and a 9 lb tonight...bait was a bit more scarce but fish are still out there.
Probably our last trip out for the summer
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 08:23:21 AM by blackpowderhunter »

Offline ryanfam

• Tracker
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 12:14:38 AM »
Nice way to end the king season.

Offline Crunchy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 12:30:15 AM »
I fished the salt so much this year i think i am mentally done.  I might make it out once or twice more at the most.  Tired of washing gear, washing boat, flushing motors.  Im switching to river mode.  Simple and quick.  Toss waders in garage, hang pole up and done. 

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 01:04:10 AM »
I fished the salt so much this year i think i am mentally done.  I might make it out once or twice more at the most.  Tired of washing gear, washing boat, flushing motors.  Im switching to river mode.  Simple and quick.  Toss waders in garage, hang pole up and done.

I wish my river mode was ever that easy. Running eggs theres alot of curing and cleanup involved. Lots of preparation work. But its worth it.

Nice kings folks
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline ryanfam

• Tracker
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 08:38:39 AM »

I can relate. My wife calls it "high maintenance" fishing.

Offline Crunchy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2019, 09:32:07 AM »

My friends always want me to take them out on the sound fishing.  Ya sure great.  Lets see, I pay launch fee, I pay for all the gas, I wash all the gear, boat, flush motors when done.  I run the boat, kicker, and constantly on the look out for other boats, weeds, fish finder etc.  Im lucky if they bring coffee in the AM to drink.  People without boats dont see all the work involved before and after the actual fishing is done. 

I can relate. My wife calls it "high maintenance" fishing.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal