collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Boot advise  (Read 4952 times)

Offline pup0025

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: Boot advise
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 09:08:17 PM »
Another Zamberlan vote.
zamberlan.  Made in Italy.  I like the hunter pro. At 210.00 they be a bargain.  I take it you've had good luck.

Spend the money and go with the GTX for 330-350.  You won't regret it.   :tup:I had to relook it up.  Hunter pro gtx 210.00. :IBCOOL: 50% off with free shipping.....if you wear an 8 or 8.5... I wear a size 9   :bash:

Offline kselkhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 09:10:26 PM »
tip:  If you have an REI near you, go try on the Zamberlan in the store.  Then you know what size fits you for the online order. 

Not all boots fits the same. 

I ended up buying the model that REI had as it was on a good sale that day.   But I like their Hunter models with the taller boot option that you can only buy online.  Mine has lasted many years. 

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2019, 12:31:08 PM »
Crispi Nevada’s
I looked up Crispi boots.  I had never heard of them. I guess I've had my boot blinders on.  Made in Utah by the looks of it.  I like the wild rocks.  I like a lightly insulated waterproof boot.  I hunt the Westside and I'm kind of a baby when my feet get cold.  They never seem to get hot though.

They’re imported through Utah. They’re made in Italy. The Italians know how to make a good boot. Kentreks are made in Italy, as well.

Online vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2019, 12:41:03 PM »
Crispi Nevada’s
I looked up Crispi boots.  I had never heard of them. I guess I've had my boot blinders on.  Made in Utah by the looks of it.  I like the wild rocks.  I like a lightly insulated waterproof boot.  I hunt the Westside and I'm kind of a baby when my feet get cold.  They never seem to get hot though.

They’re imported through Utah. They’re made in Italy. The Italians know how to make a good boot. Kentreks are made in Italy, as well.

I have a pair of Crispi's and right on the label, it says made in Italy  :tup:
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2019, 12:51:15 PM »
I bought a pair of Lowa Ranger GTXs about 7 years ago. I paid a fair price, I think around $350 if I recall correctly. Last year after the hunt, the rand was separating and the soles were worn. I contacted Lowa USA in CT. For $90 and the cost of shipping one way to CT, they sent the boots to Germany, resoled and re-randed, new insoles, and treated the leather. The boots are like new. Best customer service and the highest quality boot I've ever owned. I'm getting older and may never need another boot. If I do, it'll be Lowas.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2019, 01:08:08 PM »
Crispi Nevada’s

I’m thinking of getting a pair to try when I’m in North Dakota in October.

Online vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2019, 01:08:40 PM »
Crispi Nevada’s

I’m thinking of getting a pair to try when I’m in North Dakota in October.

So far so good with mine
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline pup0025

• Tracker
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2019, 02:24:20 PM »
I looked up lowa boots.  They seem to be made all over Europe.  I like the hunter Evo.  These boots I've been looking up all look like they are glued on soles and not stitched like I'm used to.  My redback work shoes are the same way.  Hopefully this weekend I can get to sportsman's at least to try on some of these.

Offline Sundance

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Scout
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2019, 02:25:49 PM »
Sierra Trading Post, go to their online store and filter by your size. I generally save 40%-50% there, I have 3 pair of Asolo boots, 2 were reg. $250 I got them for $130, one was reg. $350, I got them for $200. Pick up some Sole or Superfeet inserts and call it good. They have free shipping coupons available.

Offline pup0025

• Tracker
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2019, 04:14:54 PM »
Is there a such thing as an in-store warranty on any boots?  I mean I kinda doubt it but just wondering if such a thing exists.

Offline MR5x5

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2019, 06:18:24 PM »

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2019, 07:39:30 PM »
if your quick
https://www.camofire.com/index.php/Deals/39

That's a mountaineer boot and will be very stiff.  May not be the right boot for West side hunting.  Heavy loads in steep country is what mountaineer boots Excell at.  Flat ground can cause fatigued sore feet.

Offline pup0025

• Tracker
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2019, 12:57:39 PM »
I tried on a bunch of boots this morning.  I really wanted to like the zamberlan bushmaster, it's on clearance at sportsman's for 199 but the zamberlins and lowas both seemed to not fit right.  They both made me walk on the outsides of the boots and wanted to push my knees together.  I bit the bullet and splurged on the kenetreks. Thanks for everyone's opinion.  When I Google best hunting boots it comes up with some hiking boots, Irish setter  and rubber boots.  I just couldn't see myself hiking all day on the side of st Helens in a pair of rubber boots.

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2019, 01:03:25 PM »
Ive used Keenetreks for many years. Can hike 10 miles fresh outa the box but some foots with smaller heels blister at the back. Have a piece of duct tape ready if you get a warm spot.

Offline pup0025

• Tracker
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2019, 01:28:56 PM »
 Duct tape?   :dunno:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]