collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Stolen pack.  (Read 7227 times)

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
Stolen pack.
« on: August 19, 2019, 07:08:45 AM »
Yesterday while biking into state land in the minot unit i took my pack off and my pull over hoodie. Pack was a cabelas pack frame. 2017 version. Has a camo backpack on it with binos, game bags, kill kit, and a few other things. Jacket on top was a first lite kathlamet hoodie. I left it in this intersection figured I would be the only one back there for the day... (obviously a bad idea) came back and it was gone. Thank God i took my pistol off my frame.. If anyone knows anyone in the area that may show up with some new hunting gear please pm me.. I believe it was some locals on motorcycles behind gates.. i know it’s a long shot to find my gear.. but I’d sure like to punch someone in the mouth..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
Re: Stolen pack.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 08:14:06 AM »
Dirt bags. I don't leave anything in the open anymore, no matter how far back behind gates I am. People just can't mind they're own business. Sorry to hear about this. Good luck with finding, hope someone knows something.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 08:41:12 AM »
Dirt bags. I don't leave anything in the open anymore, no matter how far back behind gates I am. People just can't mind they're own business. Sorry to hear about this. Good luck with finding, hope someone knows something.
I figured i was far enough.. but i was wrong. I will never make the mistake again that’s for sure.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 09:09:56 AM »
Any chance a bear walked off with it?
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Threewolves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • USA (R)
  • Groups: VFW, NRA
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 09:28:30 AM »
I know it was gated, but I would like to think someone saw it, thought if fell off a truck and will be posting it on lost and found. That is about as positive as I can be.

The way I look at things is if I did not earn it, pay for it or it was given to me it is not mine. I think the most I would do it move it out of the intersection, hang it in a tree or something. Anything other than that would interfere with my scouting or hunting trip.

I know you beat your self up enough about this. I extremely dislike learning self-inflected lessons like this. Even in trapping I would never mark my sets. Maybe down the trail 15 yards on the opposite side of the trail. In water I put cable on my conibears so in a catch they would go under water.

I have heard a couple of stories (in the unit next to you in 663 Capitol forest) of hunters getting stuff stolen out of their trucks. I was watching a doe in 663 hoping a buck would come out. I saw a hunter drive past me. He seen my truck at the end of the road turned around and left. Not to much later another vehicle came along with a guy and a gal, drove past me on down toward my truck they did not turn around where the other truck did. This part of the story is from my hunting partner. He was hunting closer to my truck. He saw the vehicle come down and turn around at my truck, then back up to my truck. The gal got out and went out ahead of their vehicle as she was "The Lookout". The guy got out and went to the back of my truck and just started to open the canopy. My partner yelled "Hey". The guy said "Sorry I did not know anyone was here". My partner yelled "What f--King difference does that make, get the f--k out of here. And they took off. We were about as far back in Capitol Forest as you can get, off the main lines, way at the end of some two track, yet there they were!
There are only so many sunrises left.

Offline Threewolves

• Longhunter
  • USA (R)
  • Groups: VFW, NRA
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 09:31:21 AM »
I would feel better if a bear walked off with it, cooler story. And you found everything in the brush except the binoculars, because as everyone knowns bears can't see so good, so he keep them.
There are only so many sunrises left.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 06:50:46 PM »
It wasn’t in the middle of an intersection by any means.. well off the road. Unfortunate for sure. I really hope a bear is enjoying the pack somewhere

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, ATA Gold-Card Life Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 08:46:56 PM »
 Scumbags! Hope They get turned in ASAP

Offline dscubame

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 09:43:18 PM »
Perhaps someone was thinking they were doing the right thing?   :bash:
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2019, 09:46:22 PM »
Perhaps someone was thinking they were doing the right thing?   :bash:
Doing the right thing as in seeing the truck at the gate. Seeing my backpack inside the gate... taking the backpack and keeping it? I’m not quite sure how this could be the “right thing”

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2019, 09:48:06 PM »
Unless someone has it and wants to give it back. That would be the right thing.

Offline Tiger1358

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 10:12:34 PM »
When I ditch my bike and start hiking, I'm even worried about that although I hike it really well with branches and stuff. Don't ever think that there won't be a cockroach that won't think about stealing it. They know damn well hunting gear is not cheap and they can make money selling them on offerup, ebay, and stuff.   
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 06:00:21 PM by Tiger1358 »

Online Taco280AI

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 10:54:03 PM »
Stolen pack? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe they took it with the intent of posting it up online for the owner. Just because there's a truck at the gate doesn't mean it belongs to the owner of that truck. I mean why would anyone ever leave their gear behind like that? And if I did, it would be very well hidden, not simply of the road at an intersection.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2019, 09:14:59 AM »
If that’s the case then i sure haven’t seen anything posted online.

Offline Selkirkslim

• Pilgrim
    • https://www.facebook.com/don.blevins.583
  • Groups: None yet
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 12:37:30 PM »
I know it was gated, but I would like to think someone saw it, thought if fell off a truck and will be posting it on lost and found. That is about as positive as I can be.

I have heard a couple of stories (in the unit next to you in 663 Capitol forest) of hunters getting stuff stolen out of their trucks. I was watching a doe in 663 hoping a buck would come out. I saw a hunter drive past me. He seen my truck at the end of the road turned around and left. Not to much later another vehicle came along with a guy and a gal, drove past me on down toward my truck they did not turn around where the other truck did. This part of the story is from my hunting partner. He was hunting closer to my truck. He saw the vehicle come down and turn around at my truck, then back up to my truck. The gal got out and went out ahead of their vehicle as she was "The Lookout". The guy got out and went to the back of my truck and just started to open the canopy. My partner yelled "Hey". The guy said "Sorry I did not know anyone was here". My partner yelled "What f--King difference does that make, get the f--k out of here. And they took off. We were about as far back in Capitol Forest as you can get, off the main lines, way at the end of some two track, yet there they were!

Not that it may matter to you or, anyone else but, in the event that you do encounter this kind of situation again, and for future reference, level the barrel at the thief at about knee height and walk them out to the road and have another person hold them, or you hold them, and get a county deputy coming pronto.

Had I been in your boots, I'd put one through their engine block and sat there and waited for the law to show up.

" They were making every effort to take from me which they are not, entitled to."

Push comes to shove?

Won't say it here...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by pianoman9701
[Today at 08:57:54 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]