collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Les Schwab?  (Read 23301 times)

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Les Schwab?
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2019, 11:18:10 AM »
Things i learned this weekend.

1) A man should have his OWN utility trailer
2) If you borrow a trailer make sure to check the tires before you leave town
3) When the tire explodes and the spare is flat you are screwed.
4) Trailer tires are expensive

So, I had to make an emergency run to the Sunnyside LS and though i had to pay for the most expensive tire because that was all they had in stock they did treat me very well. Had me out of there in about 15 minutes which was really impressive.

The guy also noticed that the other tire had a nail in it. He took it off and went to pull the nail and check for a leak. While doing so he noticed that the wheel was leaking air. So, the spare tire was nearly flat and had a huge crack in it and the other wheel was really rusted through on the inside and leaking. He told me that he could put the good tire on the good wheel leaving me with a bad tire and a bad wheel which he could not mount again for me. He told me he would do that part for no charge so I had him do that.

I am now in the market for my own utility trailer so I do not have to put money into other peoples things. No sour feeling for my buddy as I am sure he didn't know he was sending me down the road with a rolling nightmare. When you borrow things and they break in your care you are obligated to fix them, well, at least that is how I see things.

If I borrow your car and the head gasket blows, I'm going to have to disappoint you there.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline T-Dozzer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2019, 04:15:26 PM »
I've had quite a few issues with the one in North Bend, but the one in Colfax is great

Offline elksnout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2019, 10:07:29 PM »
Went to the Battleground Swabbie and couple of months ago and asked if they would install my new in box leveling shims in my F150. "Nope, we only install the ones we sell" Ok. fair enough. Went in there yesterday for a brake inspection. My brakes are golden but I'm going to need struts soon.... Told them about the leveling shims and they said we can install them at the same time so I only need to pay for an alignment once!!   No thanks.

Elksnout
Can't we all just get along?

Online Blacklab

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2019, 07:36:26 PM »
A little peeved with LS right now. Bought a set of toyos Lt tires. Supposed to be 65k got 40k. Went to local dealer told them the situation, no problem got your paperwork. Not with me, I said. Well when you get it come back and will see what we can do. Well luck would have it. I can’t find the paperwork. Knowing that they have all my info for the last 25-30 yrs. To say I need my paper work rubs me wrong. So I wash my hands of LS and went to Costco. Purchased a set of 4 bridgestone AT duelers revo3. Which are getting installed tomorrow. :IBCOOL:
Hey! I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though sometimes I wonder.

If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans.

Offline Jpmiller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2019, 07:46:33 PM »
That's funny I've always had great experiences with the tires I've had them do. They usually try to push an upgrade or two on me but I always just tell them no. I thought it was because I have a fleet account and run all my personal rigs through it too but Jackelope has me wondering. Maybe I'm just lucky but all the counter folks know my name at the Ballard branch and I'm always getting stuff done cheap and quick.

There does seem to be a trend here. It sounds like LS definitely favors their larger fleet accounts, not that this would be a big surprise.

I've had two more really good experiences with them since this thread started. Both times in and out very quick and cheap or free.

Offline T-Dozzer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2019, 07:48:50 PM »
A little peeved with LS right now. Bought a set of toyos Lt tires. Supposed to be 65k got 40k. Went to local dealer told them the situation, no problem got your paperwork. Not with me, I said. Well when you get it come back and will see what we can do. Well luck would have it. I can’t find the paperwork. Knowing that they have all my info for the last 25-30 yrs. To say I need my paper work rubs me wrong. So I wash my hands of LS and went to Costco. Purchased a set of 4 bridgestone AT duelers revo3. Which are getting installed tomorrow. :IBCOOL:

Just tossed my Toyo paperwork from LS last week. Grrat

Online Blacklab

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2019, 08:21:19 PM »
Ouch.

Offline Zardoz

• Meme Lord
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: NRA,GOA
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2019, 05:31:37 PM »
Something seems strange. When I went to my local LS 3 months ago, they could see all my receipts for the last three years, even from different locations.  :dunno:
“It is the responsibility of the patriot to protect his country from its government.”—Thomas Paine

Certa Bonum Certamen
SILENCE LIKE A CANCER,...GROWS.

Offline 92xj

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2019, 05:37:08 PM »
Does anyone have experience with the cash out option of the tread life warranty with Les Scwab and the process of that?
"If you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane."

Offline blackveltbowhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • BLAM
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2019, 05:53:18 PM »
That's funny I've always had great experiences with the tires I've had them do. They usually try to push an upgrade or two on me but I always just tell them no. I thought it was because I have a fleet account and run all my personal rigs through it too but Jackelope has me wondering. Maybe I'm just lucky but all the counter folks know my name at the Ballard branch and I'm always getting stuff done cheap and quick.

There does seem to be a trend here. It sounds like LS definitely favors their larger fleet accounts, not that this would be a big surprise.

I've had two more really good experiences with them since this thread started. Both times in and out very quick and cheap or free.

I have had good to great experience with my local shop over the last 20 years. I buy all tires and wheels from them. And some basic suspension stuff ( leveling kits etc) and some brake jobs.  More advanced or upgraded work I do myself or at different shops when I want specific products. I have regular account, it makes life easier  when dropping off and picking up.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2019, 06:07:28 PM »
Does anyone have experience with the cash out option of the tread life warranty with Les Scwab and the process of that?

My experience is that the cash does come out of my wallet.  I tried to use it once and the paper it came on was far more valuable as emergency tp.

With LS, it all depends on the store manager, they have all the power to stand by their stuff or let you have it.

Online Blacklab

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2019, 08:56:08 AM »
Their on 👍😉
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 09:15:31 AM by Blacklab »

Online Taco280AI

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2019, 10:18:21 AM »
I've been considering the Back country touring HT when my 4Runner needs a new set. Realistically I spend 98% of my time on road so that's my main focus. The off road I do has been fine with the factory Dunlops.

Went to LS last week, fixed a nail puncture fast and free of charge.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Reidus
[Today at 02:20:11 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]