collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cooper Rifles??  (Read 3406 times)

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
Re: Cooper Rifles??
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2019, 06:34:31 PM »
I’ve got a Ridgeline in 6.5 prc.  It shoots very well with factory ammo.  Lot of rifle for the $$.

My 300 now is my favorite rifle for long range hunting.  It is stupid accurate and light enought that it is a pleasure to pack around.  I may end up with another ridgeline if you keep talking like that.  LOLOLOL 

Offline jjhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2019, 06:36:33 PM »
I wouldn’t want to be a Region G mule deer within 600 yards of mine in a few weeks.😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jjhunter

• Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2019, 06:41:23 PM »
I’ve got an Rbros 28 Nosler and a Cooper Montana Varminter in 204.  Every option that you have mentioned is a quality option.

Offline davef

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Tracker
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2019, 09:33:16 PM »
I'd also look at the fierce brand rifles from Canada. Very nice and excellent shooters

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 09:59:15 PM »
I'd also look at the fierce brand rifles from Canada. Very nice and excellent shooters

I've actually done quite a bit of research on fierce as well.  I can't really find anything bad about them.  The guarenteed 1/2 MOA rifles are close to 4K which (carbon barrel) and 3.5K for steel, in the set up i'm looking at.  The only reason I stopped considering them was the cost.  I figured if I was going to pay that much I would go with the cooper, which has a ton of people who love them. 

Offline huntandjeep

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2019, 11:55:59 AM »
I have a Cooper Excalibur in 6.5x284 that is an absolute tack driver out to 1200 yrds with handloads.
Anyone that thinks a Glock is better than a 1911 paints his toenails.
Yakima Valley Mountaineers

Offline Damnimissed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2019, 11:53:11 PM »
I’ve got a Fierce Fury in 300rum and have it now shooting .75” at 200yds. I got mine on sale for $1600. A lot of fun for the money.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2019, 09:19:34 AM »
I was just looking at some Fierce rifles in Sportsman's Warehouse last week, they do feel like a pretty nice gun and the cost is pretty reasonable, the only thing bad I've heard is delivery time on special order guns, but that's not a problem if you are buying an in stock gun. I haven't heard much about Cooper rifles but I have heard nothing but good regarding Rbros rifles.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Online Mtnwalker

• Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2019, 10:20:12 AM »
I was just looking at some Fierce rifles in Sportsman's Warehouse last week, they do feel like a pretty nice gun and the cost is pretty reasonable, the only thing bad I've heard is delivery time on special order guns, but that's not a problem if you are buying an in stock gun. I haven't heard much about Cooper rifles but I have heard nothing but good regarding Rbros rifles.

The Fierce do handle very nice, I really like their action. I was comparing them side by side with Christensen arms and to me they felt a lot better. It sounds like they have had  some QC issues here and there but I don’t read as much about it now as I did a few years ago. I’ve been very tempted to pick one up lately

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2019, 10:28:27 AM »

The Fierce do handle very nice, I really like their action. I was comparing them side by side with Christensen arms and to me they felt a lot better. It sounds like they have had  some QC issues here and there but I don’t read as much about it now as I did a few years ago. I’ve been very tempted to pick one up lately

I looked at the fierce, christiansen, weatherby, kimber, and some tikas all at the same time, the fierce was one of the best if not the best feeling.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]