collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: First Lite, Sitka, Kuiu pants  (Read 6366 times)

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
Re: First Lite, Sitka, Kuiu pants
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 01:11:55 PM »
Just sent you a pm, anyone else looking for 50.00 off there first kuiu order let me know and I will send you a discount code.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline stlusn30-06

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: Wildlife Committee of Washington, BHA
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2019, 02:30:06 PM »
Here's a little secret. The Prana Zion Stretch pant is built of similar 4 way stretch fabric of all the pants you're considering. DWR coated etc....They may be a bit light for deep winter hunts, but most of these are. Prana's are used by a lot of mountain and rock climbers etc...They've been tested and they're $100 less, cuz they don't come from one of these companies. Just to clarify I'm not a hater, I own dozens of products from the companies you mentioned combined.
https://www.backcountry.com/prana-stretch-zion-pant-mens
“There are people in my life who sometimes worry about me when I go off into the fields and streams, not realizing that the country is a calm, gracious, forgiving place and that the real dangers are found in the civilization you have to pass through to get there." - Gierach

Offline wastickslinger

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2019, 02:44:33 PM »
Obsidian are awesome loungers around the house. Dont beat brush or you will shred them. Kuiu Katana stretch or attack durable and comfy.  Also love the Prana zion stretch

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2019, 02:46:51 PM »
Here's a little secret. The Prana Zion Stretch pant is built of similar 4 way stretch fabric of all the pants you're considering. DWR coated etc....They may be a bit light for deep winter hunts, but most of these are.

They make the winter zion too.  I use a merino base layer and a pair of winter zions for shed hunting / hiking / predator hunting in the winter.

Offline T-Dozzer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2019, 09:10:53 AM »
Here's a little secret. The Prana Zion Stretch pant is built of similar 4 way stretch fabric of all the pants you're considering. DWR coated etc....They may be a bit light for deep winter hunts, but most of these are. Prana's are used by a lot of mountain and rock climbers etc...They've been tested and they're $100 less, cuz they don't come from one of these companies. Just to clarify I'm not a hater, I own dozens of products from the companies you mentioned combined.

Ptana are nice. I have 4 sets, but when they get wet, they sag & stretch too much
You sure they have DWR coating? all mine soak up moisture. 

Offline Mfowl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2019, 09:38:07 AM »
I have Sitka Timberline and Mountain pants. Love them both. Comfy, quiet, durable and do well in shedding dew/moisture from the vegetation in the morning. This archery season was a bit cooler than normal but I did not over heat at all while out and about.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline RB

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2019, 06:40:21 PM »
All good brands, but I wouldn't pick the Obsidians strictly off durability and no hips vents for this time of year. The Sitka Mountain Pants would be choice if I didn't want vents. The Kuiu Attacks are the best overall pant made these days if a guy is just looking to buy a universal pair.  :twocents:

:yeah:

Sitka Mountain pants are the best hunting pants I have ever owned period!
IAFF #3728

Offline stlusn30-06

• Hunter
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2019, 12:50:08 PM »

Ptana are nice. I have 4 sets, but when they get wet, they sag & stretch too much
You sure they have DWR coating? all mine soak up moisture.

Yeah. They have it for sure. DWR only goes so far. Light light drizzle and it'll bead. Pounding wet brush, you're getting wet. I don't think the prana's beat out the Attack pant, but you can find em on sale for $59 multiple times a year on various sites. For the price they're unbeatable, and you're only getting a mild performance improvement on Attacks vs Prana.

If you really want the best of the best: https://www.us-elitegear.com/collections/outdoor-research/products/outdoor-research-infiltrator-pants-multicam-usa
“There are people in my life who sometimes worry about me when I go off into the fields and streams, not realizing that the country is a calm, gracious, forgiving place and that the real dangers are found in the civilization you have to pass through to get there." - Gierach

Offline HikerHunter

• Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, NWTF, NRA, WHEIA
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2019, 01:40:49 PM »
The Sitka Ascent pants are super lightweight, breathe really well, and dry out fast. I've been thoroughly impressed with them. You would definitely need to layer when the temperature drops.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2019, 02:23:23 PM »
As soon as FL figures out how to stitch they may get some of my business back.  Zion's are an amazing value and pretty much all I wear. Scooting around in a few different pairs of outdoor research lately and as with literally everything they make they are top notch
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2019, 02:45:31 PM »
I really liked my Sitka Ascent pants this year. They move well when you're climbing.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2019, 03:15:37 PM »
I was gonna buy sitka, but made in china

Who makes the best gear not made in china?

Best US made gear?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline DirkDiggler

• Pilgrim
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2019, 03:36:14 PM »
If you guys havent tried a pair of the ub tech travel pants from costco yet I highly recommend them. I work in the woods on the coast, beating the brush everyday. These pants are tough as *censored*, dry quick, and are under 20 bucks. The value is stupid good. You probably wont win any cool points but they're better for the westside climate than the attacks, corrugates, or zions other pants I've tried).

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2019, 03:40:57 PM »
I really liked my Sitka Ascent pants this year. They move well when you're climbing.

I picked up a pair of these as well. They are pretty solid early season pants. I will be keeping them in my arsenal for sure
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline stlusn30-06

• Hunter
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2019, 03:55:21 PM »
I was gonna buy sitka, but made in china

Who makes the best gear not made in china?

Best US made gear?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Outdoor Research still has stuff made here. You can pick up a pair of OR Obsidians for $600. Almost everything is made oversees, even by the elite mountaineering companies. Everything comes out of a limited number of factories that specialize in constructing outdoor gear. Seam welding, durable stitching techniques, heavy duty sewing machines. All that requires specialization. All these companies were forced there to stay price competitive. If Made in US is most important, that OR tactical line is probably your best shot.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]