collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: GMU 245  (Read 1651 times)

Offline dlb.730

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
GMU 245
« on: August 27, 2019, 09:10:34 AM »
Let me start with: First time poster!  :hello: I have been reading these forums on and off for a couple years and have decided that at 31 years old, I haven't spent half as much time in the woods as I would like to. I have been a (mediocre at best) hunter for about 6 years, but again, haven't been as serious about it as I would like. So I am here. I have seen the bounty of information and knowledge that this forum contains, and I want to be a part of it!     :)

I have always hunted modern, but drew a multi-season tag this year along with my brother-in-law. Bought a bow, have shot the crap out of it, and think i'll give it a shot. I am going to be in the Lake Wenatchee/Fish Lake area the first few days of September and have been looking at GMU 245. There is a LOT of land there, just wondering if anyone more familiar with the area had any insights or thoughts to lend.

Looking forward to being a part of this community, i love what goes on around here   :tup:

D

Offline Henrydog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, RMEF, Phesants Forever
Re: GMU 245
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 09:22:41 AM »
Grew up there, it is thick and nasty.  If you can pattern a deer you can fill your tag by waiting him out.  In Sept you can do the high hunt in the wildness zones...late 70's and early 80's I saw a lot of big bucks come out of there.  This time of year there might be a local low land buck hanging around Nason Ridge or above Fish Lake but again its so thick unless you get high you can't see 10 feet in front of you. 

I have long since moved and don't remember were the line is but above Tumwater canyon there are a lot of Deer that like to play frogger across highway 2. 

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
Re: GMU 245
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 09:24:41 AM »
Welcome! Locking this one up as we typically discourage posting the same content in different sections. Good luck this season and I think you will find a ton of info on here.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal