collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: A promising direction  (Read 7667 times)

Offline lord grizzly

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: A promising direction
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2019, 12:36:54 PM »
from my perspective all positive. from yours it isn't. that make me wrong? theirs not a fun Idaho forum. we all get a long over here. us residents anyway  :hello:

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2019, 12:41:07 PM »
Ok Ok.
You have proven by your spelling and punctuation that you are from Idaho.

The Lord has risen!!!

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2019, 01:15:37 PM »
from my perspective all positive. from yours it isn't. that make me wrong? theirs not a fun Idaho forum. we all get a long over here. us residents anyway  :hello:
troll
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

Offline theleo

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2019, 01:19:02 PM »
It has been the budget friendly out of state option for years. Considering they've sold out of non res tags the past couple of years, it'd be financially idiotic for the state to not increase the prices. I'd rather see the price hike then the Washington approach of just create more tags. A crappy hunting experience is just as bad for hunters as getting price hikes. I completely sympathize with Idaho residents about wanting greater control over the the non res hunter distribution. Showing up to a trailhead in the fall and %75 of the plates are from out of state gets aggravating. Yeah, I'm aware I'm part of that issue but it doesn't mean I can't see their point of view.

let me know when you wanna go hunting
You wouldn't be able to keep up. I've been known to hunt uphill.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2019, 01:26:15 PM »

The problem is that it's all about you.  That makes you part of the problem and not part of the solution.

How long since you moved out of Washington to Idaho?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline theleo

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2019, 01:35:48 PM »

The problem is that it's all about you.  That makes you part of the problem and not part of the solution.

It's not all about him, he's just the only one offering an Idahoans perspective. The moves are great for Idaho residents. There's just a bunch of non residents here complaining because they might have to give up their micro brews and go back to drink Bud or Coors. It's kind of hard to take us non-resident seriously on the whole to begin with. We are paying significantly more to go hunt another state rather than just be happy with ours because our state has mismanaged the game in our state. Who are we to say how Idaho should manage things?

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2019, 01:47:51 PM »
This is kind of like the EWA vs WWA thing, and to be honest I was offending the crap out of western wa folks (and making myself look like a buffoon in the process) here on HW some years ago.  So I totally understand Lord Grizzly from that perspective. 

but I grew up

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2019, 01:52:03 PM »

thought i answered that. about 30 years a ago my family left Alaska. we cam e through Washington so i technically lived there. didn't finish a year of school so i dont know if i count as being a resident. theirs lots of experts on here that will tell me.

whats your life story so i can be sure to judge it and see if your worthy?

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2019, 01:53:42 PM »
It has been the budget friendly out of state option for years. Considering they've sold out of non res tags the past couple of years, it'd be financially idiotic for the state to not increase the prices. I'd rather see the price hike then the Washington approach of just create more tags. A crappy hunting experience is just as bad for hunters as getting price hikes. I completely sympathize with Idaho residents about wanting greater control over the the non res hunter distribution. Showing up to a trailhead in the fall and %75 of the plates are from out of state gets aggravating. Yeah, I'm aware I'm part of that issue but it doesn't mean I can't see their point of view.

let me know when you wanna go hunting
You wouldn't be able to keep up. I've been known to hunt uphill.

ill be up at the top waiting for ya  :hello:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2019, 02:43:59 PM »

thought i answered that. about 30 years a ago my family left Alaska. we cam e through Washington so i technically lived there. didn't finish a year of school so i dont know if i count as being a resident. theirs lots of experts on here that will tell me.

whats your life story so i can be sure to judge it and see if your worthy?

I pretty much don't do anything that would necessitate anyone judging my life story and I value that about myself.
When there are problems, I prefer to at least attempt to be part of a solution and not part of a problem.

It's not all about him, he's just the only one offering an Idahoans perspective. The moves are great for Idaho residents. There's just a bunch of non residents here complaining because they might have to give up their micro brews and go back to drink Bud or Coors. It's kind of hard to take us non-resident seriously on the whole to begin with. We are paying significantly more to go hunt another state rather than just be happy with ours because our state has mismanaged the game in our state. Who are we to say how Idaho should manage things?

There's a right way and a wrong way to go about what he's attempting to do. If he's trying to spread words about a fee increase, great....do it. Just saying there's absolutely no point insulting a bunch of WA hunters on a WA hunting forum about coming to ID to hunt. He's been doing that just about day one on the forum here.  Pretty sure us WA guys coming to ID to hunt makes the difference between a lot of those Idaho folks drinking Coors Lights or Katka IPA's :chuckle:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2019, 03:01:24 PM »
i was actually more excited about them capping the non resident tags by unit then the fee in crease. fee increase actually affects me since i buy second tags. non rez having to pick units for deer and elk with a cap benefits all of us over here. guys like me will always buy out the non rez tags so the fee increase scaring off non rez is really just another net benefit  while our state maintains the profit they need form those sales.

honestly t will be better for our herds too. i often eat tat second tag because im not going to burn it on a dink. you guys pay 800 bucks to hunt a deer you bet a 2 points going home with you.

how bout fix your state where its nice and cheap for you to hunt instead of f'n up mine. keep your micro brews too there man bun  :hello:

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2019, 03:11:31 PM »
 :salute:
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2019, 03:12:24 PM »
i was actually more excited about them capping the non resident tags by unit then the fee in crease. fee increase actually affects me since i buy second tags. non rez having to pick units for deer and elk with a cap benefits all of us over here. guys like me will always buy out the non rez tags so the fee increase scaring off non rez is really just another net benefit  while our state maintains the profit they need form those sales.

honestly t will be better for our herds too. i often eat tat second tag because im not going to burn it on a dink. you guys pay 800 bucks to hunt a deer you bet a 2 points going home with you.

how bout fix your state where its nice and cheap for you to hunt instead of f'n up mine. keep your micro brews too there man bun  :hello:

I've hunted "your" state exactly one time 4-5 years ago. Can't wait to come back and drink some fine Kootenai Brewing IPA's after a hard day of hunting uphill from camp :chuckle:

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2019, 03:17:51 PM »
This is the dumbest thread I've seen in awhile

Limiting non res hunters down to 10% from 57 % ??

Increase the tag fees ? Tags will still sell out

Talking bout buying a 2nd tag & then being worried bout the herds......priceless !

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2019, 03:29:44 PM »
I thought the same thing.
Blah blah blah
Some talk the talk and others walk the walk.

Uphill of course.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1