collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: A promising direction  (Read 7661 times)

Offline lord grizzly

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: A promising direction
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2019, 03:42:45 PM »
This is the dumbest thread I've seen in awhile

Limiting non res hunters down to 10% from 57 % ??

Increase the tag fees ? Tags will still sell out

Talking bout buying a 2nd tag & then being worried bout the herds......priceless !

While you can obviously read comprehension isnt your strong suit. Go back and go slower

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2019, 04:19:31 PM »
 I agree with grizzly on this one. What's wrong with him as a resident wanting less non res hunters? Anybody that is an avid Idaho resident hunter has probably bought a second tag just to stay in the woods. He said he doesn't just fill his second tag with a "meat" buck just too "fill" the tag and I believe him. You can buy a second tag and probably honestly help the herds by not just filling the tag with any legal animal as I often see non residents do. I don't care what someone legally harvests ,resident or non resident, but grizzly buying a second tag doesn't mean he is not concerned with the herds that tag will be bought. Its funny how all the Washington hunters want cheap unlimited Idaho tags but don't want any Idaho guys on a Washington hunting site unless they agree all Washington hunters should have cheap unlimited Idaho tags  :chuckle:   There is no Idaho hunting forum and you all talk way more about hunting Idaho and Montana than Washington anyways. I realize the revenue out of staters provide but I get sick of the entitlement it makes some people feel they deserve. Idaho wont die without the all mighty out of state dollar. I would gladly pay more for my hunting license if they reduced non resident tags. I also buy second tags at non res prices already. Could Lord Grizzly present things in a better way? YES but jumping on him for wanting less non resident hunters is crap. Every resident of any state worth hunting would like to see less out of state hunters. I love this forum for some reason and I cant quit it although I have tried :chuckle: Maybe you all will kick me off for not wanting truckloads of Washington hunters.   fyi I have taken out and hunted with Washington hunters in Idaho. I have no problem with hunters from Washington I would just like a little less of them.       

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2019, 04:29:04 PM »
I agree with grizzly on this one. What's wrong with him as a resident wanting less non res hunters? Anybody that is an avid Idaho resident hunter has probably bought a second tag just to stay in the woods. He said he doesn't just fill his second tag with a "meat" buck just too "fill" the tag and I believe him. You can buy a second tag and probably honestly help the herds by not just filling the tag with any legal animal as I often see non residents do. I don't care what someone legally harvests ,resident or non resident, but grizzly buying a second tag doesn't mean he is not concerned with the herds that tag will be bought. Its funny how all the Washington hunters want cheap unlimited Idaho tags but don't want any Idaho guys on a Washington hunting site unless they agree all Washington hunters should have cheap unlimited Idaho tags  :chuckle:   There is no Idaho hunting forum and you all talk way more about hunting Idaho and Montana than Washington anyways. I realize the revenue out of staters provide but I get sick of the entitlement it makes some people feel they deserve. Idaho wont die without the all mighty out of state dollar. I would gladly pay more for my hunting license if they reduced non resident tags. I also buy second tags at non res prices already. Could Lord Grizzly present things in a better way? YES but jumping on him for wanting less non resident hunters is crap. Every resident of any state worth hunting would like to see less out of state hunters. I love this forum for some reason and I cant quit it although I have tried :chuckle: Maybe you all will kick me off for not wanting truckloads of Washington hunters.   fyi I have taken out and hunted with Washington hunters in Idaho. I have no problem with hunters from Washington I would just like a little less of them.     
It's the way he presents himself that rubs people the wrong way. Totally understand your sentiment but a little tact goes a long way. We welcome non residents on this site they enhance the knowledge here. It's when people crap on this site we wonder why they are here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2019, 04:30:12 PM »
whoa whoa hey wait hold the phone!   

non-residents hunt in Washington??   

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2019, 04:32:55 PM »
The point people are trying to make is that cheering for someone else's cost to go up and opportunity to go down is not within the spirit of what this forum is about.

Most of us wish less hunting pressure where we hunt, but most would not want that to be at the expense of someone else.

The fact is that NR money floats the western fish & game agencies boats.  Sure, ID, MT, WY and CO could all just triple their resident fees and not deal with it, but that isn't reality.  Everyone says they would gladly pay, but when the resident fees go up $5 a year the pitchforks come out.  Every time.

There will likely always be friction between state agencies that need NR money, residents that don't want NR hunters and those in other states that want an opportunity at a good hunt either better areas or game not available in their home state.

To cheer and celebrate for someone to be priced out of the game or to have a different group lose opportunity is poor form in my opinion.  It may be unavoidable for tag limits and cost increases, but most of us have the decency to not belittle the other party.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2019, 04:34:21 PM »
 :yeah:   

well said

Offline hughjorgan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2019, 04:53:03 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong but if you limit non residents, isn’t that also the second tags the residents are buying at non resident pricing? If that’s the case then there could be less opportunity for you in the future, correct?

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2019, 05:13:14 PM »
The point people are trying to make is that cheering for someone else's cost to go up and opportunity to go down is not within the spirit of what this forum is about.

Most of us wish less hunting pressure where we hunt, but most would not want that to be at the expense of someone else.

The fact is that NR money floats the western fish & game agencies boats.  Sure, ID, MT, WY and CO could all just triple their resident fees and not deal with it, but that isn't reality.  Everyone says they would gladly pay, but when the resident fees go up $5 a year the pitchforks come out.  Every time.

There will likely always be friction between state agencies that need NR money, residents that don't want NR hunters and those in other states that want an opportunity at a good hunt either better areas or game not available in their home state.

To cheer and celebrate for someone to be priced out of the game or to have a different group lose opportunity is poor form in my opinion.  It may be unavoidable for tag limits and cost increases, but most of us have the decency to not belittle the other party.

I hear ya. I have no problem with non resident hunters. I have taken Washington hunters out and will continue to occasionally.Would I like less nr hunters? Yes that’s human nature, especially when I hunt and see 4 out of state plates to every 1 Idaho plate. The non resident whining about fee increases and tag limits I could do without. Especially since Idaho has been the cheapest and easiest to get tags state out there. Everyone seems to be moving to Idaho anyways  :chuckle: non resident hunters will probably be the least of our concerns eventually. I hope everyone has a great season even if you’re in Idaho ha ha. :tup:

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2019, 05:14:34 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong but if you limit non residents, isn’t that also the second tags the residents are buying at non resident pricing? If that’s the case then there could be less opportunity for you in the future, correct?

Yes correct I am ok with that

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2019, 05:16:28 PM »
Always enjoy reading your posts idaho guy  :tup:

Its good to get a residents input on things for us Washington hunters. 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2019, 05:40:17 PM »

This guy gets it.

The problem I have with lord grizzly is he's been ragging on Washington and Washington hunters since pretty much his day 1 on the forum. I can't even remotely comprehend why he's a member here if he dislikes Washington and it's residents as much as he seems to aside from just being here to stir the pot....which is clearly what he's doing here starting this thread. I couldn't care less about NR fee increases in Idaho.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline 10thmountainarcher

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2019, 06:06:35 PM »

This guy gets it.

The problem I have with lord grizzly is he's been ragging on Washington and Washington hunters since pretty much his day 1 on the forum. I can't even remotely comprehend why he's a member here if he dislikes Washington and it's residents as much as he seems to aside from just being here to stir the pot....which is clearly what he's doing here starting this thread. I couldn't care less about NR fee increases in Idaho.

The original post was not constructive in any way. He posted simply to be a jerk and stir the pot. His post has encouraged me to take advantage of the DV rate and hunt Idaho!

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2019, 06:41:38 PM »
Interesting is how often there used to be posts about coming up with ways to keep westsiders off the eastside or people from out of the county out...or out of state fishing guides off Washington rivers.

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2019, 07:02:14 PM »
This is the dumbest thread I've seen in awhile

Limiting non res hunters down to 10% from 57 % ??

Increase the tag fees ? Tags will still sell out

Talking bout buying a 2nd tag & then being worried bout the herds......priceless !

While you can obviously read comprehension isnt your strong suit. Go back and go slower

Lol my read comprehension is just fine

If you hold out with your 2nd tag and dont fill it to help the herd then what did you do with your 1st tag ??

Its not your state dude, get over it....this is america....we all have a right to hunt...the biggest problem you guys have is boise and you know it....maybe we should cap them too ??

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2019, 08:27:00 PM »
The killer B's?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter