collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Chehalis lumber owner - long shot  (Read 4604 times)

Offline ljsommer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
  • New hunter, hard worker.
  • Groups: NRA
Chehalis lumber owner - long shot
« on: September 17, 2019, 08:23:34 AM »
I met some hunters in Aberdeen last weekend that talked to me about a company called Chehalis logging (or timber or lumber or something) but I can't find any information on a company of that name. Anyone got a lead on a contact there?

Offline ljsommer

• Longhunter
Re: Chehalis lumber owner - long shot
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 08:42:21 AM »
Are you looking for Chehalis Valley Timber in Montesano?  What units are you looking at, I can look up the timber Owner.

PM sent

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 11:05:17 AM »

Chehalis Valley Timber, Inc. is a Washington Wa Profit Corporation filed on January 14, 1993. The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is 601437544.

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Douglas J Truax and is located at 149 Schafer Boom Rd, Montesano, WA 98563.

The company has 3 principals on record. The principals are Curtis Toyra, Douglas Truax, and Julie Truax

Is this public info?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Caseyd

• Site Sponsor
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 11:07:04 AM »

Chehalis Valley Timber, Inc. is a Washington Wa Profit Corporation filed on January 14, 1993. The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is 601437544.

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Douglas J Truax and is located at 149 Schafer Boom Rd, Montesano, WA 98563.

The company has 3 principals on record. The principals are Curtis Toyra, Douglas Truax, and Julie Truax

Is this public info?

Yes

Stare Corporation search

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 11:11:51 AM »
Seems like a PM would have been a better option for that information.  Hopefully you can get access LJ before 100 of your internet buddies ask as well.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline ljsommer

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 11:13:38 AM »
You give me too much credit, I only have 20 or 30 internet buddies =)
Sorry if this request accidentally opened up some discreet information, I wasn't intending any harm.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 11:24:16 AM »
Sorry if this request accidentally opened up some discreet information, I wasn't intending any harm.

We're all your internet buddies.

Users Online 

976 Guests, 107 Users (1 Buddy)

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 11:37:19 AM »
I would have assumed after you PM'd Macs B that he would have PM'd the contact info back to you instead of posting it on the net.  I assume he deletes his posts because he understands the broad audience of the internet and is trying to scrub his footprint.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 11:49:38 AM »
I would have assumed after you PM'd Macs B that he would have PM'd the contact info back to you instead of posting it on the net.  I assume he deletes his posts because he understands the broad audience of the internet and is trying to scrub his footprint.

Public info or not, posting all of that, especially after the comment about the PM, was in poor taste.

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2019, 01:00:42 PM »

Public info or not, posting all of that, especially after the comment about the PM, was in poor taste.

you sure are touchy on what people post? Public knowledge who cares? Get onx and you can get that info on your phone  :dunno: I just got off the bull thread and you're ripping a guy over there for posting a picture of a live bull?Sounds like the bull is well known and he probably sticks out like a sore thumb in that country anyways.  I don't get it I thought we were trying to make an effort to get people to help out new hunters? if everybody pms any piece of usefull information and is scared to post any pictures this will be a boring forum. I am actually still a little nervous to post some pictures because it seems like the bigger the animal the more effort expended by the internet police to figure out what you must have done wrong. Dramas not worth it, plus I still don't totally know how to tell if location is on pictures. You don't seem to be helping paranoid people like me make this an interesting forum. I have always enjoyed your posts but you seem a little touchy  :chuckle:       

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 01:22:13 PM »
We want pic's posted without the GPS coordinates attached.  I'm not going to crowd in on your honeyhole but I assure you if you don't turn off the location and post the pics many people will.  We want people to post pics of big bulls, just don't say this one is in the colockum unit right now 4 miles up notellum road on the forest road xxx spur.  We are trying to educate people on how to share photos with out giving out too specific of information.

If I ask a question of a member via PM I don't want them to respond to that PM on the general forum for all to see.

Start at the top of this thread, question asked, got a bight, sent a pm got the information broadcast back for everyone to see.  I have no idea what the PM said.  Maybe the private message said please post the information that I am requesting on the general forum for everyone to see and know about this private timber land that I am trying to hunt but I don't think that was his intent of the private message.

Offline WSU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 03:25:26 PM »
Here is an idea, google the name of the company and click the first entry that comes up...presto!  Good lord guys this is all public information and is readily available in about forty different forms from as many sources.  I responded to a question on a public thread, replied on that thread, and then followed up on that thread.  If that somehow offends you all, get a thicker skin.

:yeah: I don’t get why posting something on the interwebz that is already readily available on the intewebz is a problem?

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2019, 03:52:32 PM »
We want pic's posted without the GPS coordinates attached.  I'm not going to crowd in on your honeyhole but I assure you if you don't turn off the location and post the pics many people will.  We want people to post pics of big bulls, just don't say this one is in the colockum unit right now 4 miles up notellum road on the forest road xxx spur.  We are trying to educate people on how to share photos with out giving out too specific of information.

If I ask a question of a member via PM I don't want them to respond to that PM on the general forum for all to see.

Start at the top of this thread, question asked, got a bight, sent a pm got the information broadcast back for everyone to see.  I have no idea what the PM said.  Maybe the private message said please post the information that I am requesting on the general forum for everyone to see and know about this private timber land that I am trying to hunt but I don't think that was his intent of the private message.

:tup: My only point is the name and possible location of the timber company were already posted by the op. Anybody that finds their new honey holes cruising the internet could have looked up that exact information in 2 minutes. Why rip a guy for helping someone out. The the bull picture I was talking about said around Duvall and was supposed to be well known and living out his life on private ground. I know nothing about Duvall but  I know a few elk like this and he is most likely very safe. Unless the landowner decides he's just too big  :chuckle: I got burned on the location picture thing on a different site so I get that. (didn't even realize the phone was imbedding that information) I think that's great to educate people on.   

Offline ljsommer

• Longhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 03:56:15 PM »
I didn't remember the exact name of the company and I'd googled a few variants without luck. I do appreciate the information and I am sorry for any harm.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 04:34:36 PM »

you sure are touchy on what people post? Public knowledge who cares? Get onx and you can get that info on your phone  :dunno: I just got off the bull thread and you're ripping a guy over there for posting a picture of a live bull?Sounds like the bull is well known and he probably sticks out like a sore thumb in that country anyways.  I don't get it I thought we were trying to make an effort to get people to help out new hunters? if everybody pms any piece of usefull information and is scared to post any pictures this will be a boring forum. I am actually still a little nervous to post some pictures because it seems like the bigger the animal the more effort expended by the internet police to figure out what you must have done wrong. Dramas not worth it, plus I still don't totally know how to tell if location is on pictures. You don't seem to be helping paranoid people like me make this an interesting forum. I have always enjoyed your posts but you seem a little touchy  :chuckle:       

Yup...I've been a little more vocal than normal I guess, but I hardly think I "ripped" anyone.

Unfortunately you missed my point, which maybe I didn't make very clear.

The OP pm'd Macs B for the info he was looking for. Macs B posted it on the forum for all to see. I guess I just felt like the "PM sent" was an attempt to keep the info between the 2 of them.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw