collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Any see the Duvall monster bull?  (Read 20536 times)

Offline Whitenuckles

• Transplanted Cajun
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Any see the Duvall monster bull?
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2019, 05:16:53 PM »
I can personally guarantee this bull was not feed by locals and lived by no houses. The only way people would ever see this bull is if the were trespassing or owned the property surrounding the area. This bull NEVER went by road or houses. The bull was very wary of humans, if he wasn't,  he would have died last year when he was much bigger. The hunter that killed this amazing animal spent the last few years watching this animals every move and hunted him hard. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving man!
Does he know his secret is not and half the guys on here have seen the pic?  If he’s saving it for a publication, that’s cool.  When I started the thread I didn’t realize it was a secret.
He's aware that the words out. He has many reasons why he wants to save it for now. But like Jackalope mentioned, nice animals should never hit the net. Especially locations! The only thing this thread will do for the hunter and the elk is poaching, trespassing, belittling the hunter and his animal, and many other negative things.
All the hunter wants is to enjoy his animal in piece with family and friends. And keep the elk he loves so much protected!
In time it will be published and everyone will have their opportunity to see it. Only a hand full of people were there for pics, the loud mouth will be figured out. I have the utmost respect for my friend for not putting all over the net. I hope the herd continues to grow and spread so many more hunters will get opportunities to harvest elk. But for now the herd needs protection and the hunter needs privacy.

Not putting it on the net is admirable but it will be published in time and everyone  will have a chance to see it? Sounds like it should remain secret. 

Strikes me as noble!  Sorry, couldn’t help it...
You might want to my post again. I think it states pretty clear on all the many reasons why the hunter doesn't want it on the net.
GEAUX TIGERS

Offline Whitenuckles

• Transplanted Cajun
  • Sourdough
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2019, 05:22:26 PM »
@WSU . I might be reading your txt totally different than you meant it. Bull a bull of that caliber will go in the books. The difference between the books and the net should be evident. Books only tell the score, hunters name, date, and county.
GEAUX TIGERS

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2019, 07:28:07 PM »
It's almost funny you say the herd needs protection and to grow when the unit is managed to not have elk in it.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2019, 07:59:00 PM »
Guy kills a bull, posts it on HW and gets a couple pages of atta boys...guy apparently kills bull, pics apparently will never surface, and we are approaching 8 pages .. :o :rolleyes:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2019, 08:24:58 PM »
It's almost funny you say the herd needs protection and to grow when the unit is managed to not have elk in it.

I’m just hoping they won’t get poached.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2019, 08:38:00 PM »
I can personally guarantee this bull was not feed by locals and lived by no houses. The only way people would ever see this bull is if the were trespassing or owned the property surrounding the area. This bull NEVER went by road or houses. The bull was very wary of humans, if he wasn't,  he would have died last year when he was much bigger. The hunter that killed this amazing animal spent the last few years watching this animals every move and hunted him hard. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving man!
How in the world can you personally guarantee that it wasn't fed by locals, lived by no houses and the only way anyone would see it is if they were trespassing? Were you with it every second of its life? Lol. I know it was shot on a private lease in the valley by the son of a local wealthy business owner, so was it high fenced as well or just chained up? 😂😂 Seems like a very confident guarantee 🤔 Hell of a bull any way you spin it, but I'm very curious now about your comment.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2019, 09:07:07 PM »
Why are any of those details important?

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline Bigbuckoholic

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2019, 09:17:32 PM »
Oh man I e seen it. What a giant

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2019, 09:21:50 PM »
My details? The fact that it was shot on a private lease isn't important per se, and by all means if you have the money then do what makes you happy, but I only brought that up when someone guaranteed this bull had never, in its life, been on another property before. High fence operations tend to guarantee the confinement of animals to one specific property which allows the owner to guarantee it won't leave that property. I am by no means making a claim that this is the case with this particular bull, I'm asking if it is. I'd like to make that distinction very clear before I get a bunch of blowback for my previous comment.

Offline NumaJohn

• Scout
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2019, 10:17:51 PM »
For $2.99, you can view kill photos at http://www.duvallbull.com

Just kidding!  :chuckle:
"When we go afield to hunt wild game produced by the good earth, we search among the absolute truths held by the land, and the land, responding only to the law of nature, cannot be deceived."    

Jim Posewitz, Inherit the Hunt

Offline Cylvertip

• Conservative Heathen
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2019, 11:09:58 PM »
For $2.99, you can view kill photos at http://www.duvallbull.com

Just kidding!  :chuckle:
Brutal, just brutal....
May that for which I prepare never come to pass.
Don't Tread On Me!

Offline hogslayer

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: Bloody decks
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2019, 06:24:48 AM »
This bull was on private property last year in Duvall area.  An archery hunter made a bad shot in the elk and can be seen on the trail camera picture.  He didn’t have permission to hunt on this property. 

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2019, 06:31:45 AM »
This bull was on private property last year in Duvall area.  An archery hunter made a bad shot in the elk and can be seen on the trail camera picture.  He didn’t have permission to hunt on this property.
He made a good shot this year!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2019, 06:39:18 AM »
He made a good shot this year!

Are you suggesting the guy that shot the bull this year was trespassing last year?

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2019, 06:56:06 AM »
 :yike:...it's getting good.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup