collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Any see the Duvall monster bull?  (Read 20544 times)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: Any see the Duvall monster bull?
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2019, 07:10:52 AM »
That's a huge assumption, and if the family has money to buy leases I just don't see the guy poaching off private.  Easy to say that pic from last year could have been a hundred different people couldn't it?  I have zero dog in this fight, don't know anyone or the area.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2019, 07:13:52 AM »
This bull was on private property last year in Duvall area.  An archery hunter made a bad shot in the elk and can be seen on the trail camera picture.  He didn’t have permission to hunt on this property.

How many inches do you think the bull lost between this year and last? Man these animals are tough.
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline hogslayer

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: Bloody decks
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2019, 07:23:15 AM »
This bull was on private property last year in Duvall area.  An archery hunter made a bad shot in the elk and can be seen on the trail camera picture.  He didn’t have permission to hunt on this property.
He made a good shot this year!

Are you suggesting the guy that shot the bull this year was trespassing last year?

I am not suggesting that.  I was agreeing with others that there are some nice elk in Duvall, but some people don’t want to mention locations due to trespassers.  It seems the elk will hang in small pockets of private farm land and owners want them to stay there. 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2019, 07:23:56 AM »

Does the scar usually stay on the animal? Like...do you think you'd still see evidence this year of a wound from last year?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2019, 07:24:35 AM »

Are you suggesting the guy that shot the bull this year was trespassing last year?

I am not suggesting that.  I was agreeing with others that there are some nice elk in Duvall, but some people don’t want to mention locations due to trespassers.  It seems the elk will hang in small pockets of private farm land and owners want them to stay there. 

I wasn't aiming that at you at all.  I didn't read any accusation at all in your comment.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2019, 07:27:56 AM »

:yeah:

Pretty strong accusation there @Tbar.  Do you have some sort of proof that this years shooting was last year's trespasser?
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline hogslayer

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: Bloody decks
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2019, 07:55:48 AM »
The scar would still be on there.  The broad head was stuck in the bull. 

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2019, 08:28:20 AM »
It was stated he's been hunting this bull for years.

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2019, 08:29:29 AM »
I can post a pic and ask hogslayer if it's the same archer.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2019, 08:34:05 AM »
I wouldn’t do that.

Does @hogslayer even have a pic of the archer or just a pic of the wounded bull?

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2019, 08:42:19 AM »
The assumption was made from info provided by white knuckles.  He said he's been hunting bull for years.  I can also post the property  it was killed on.  I have no reason to believe there sw was any wrong doing.  I apologize for the confusion. Would specifics and pictures help?

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2019, 08:45:48 AM »
I wouldn’t do that.

Does @hogslayer even have a pic of the archer or just a pic of the wounded bull?
For clarity?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2019, 08:47:56 AM »
The assumption was made from info provided by white knuckles.  He said he's been hunting bull for years.  I can also post the property  it was killed on.  I have no reason to believe there sw was any wrong doing.  I apologize for the confusion. Would specifics and pictures help?

Will you post specifics and photos of your hunts?
Why is this such an issue to you? Why would you think, after all that's been said, that posting photos and specifics would help anything at all?
Why do you push and push and push?
Just stirring the pot?

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2019, 09:00:04 AM »
And it begins...   

The wounded bull looks like the same bull that was shot by this guy, to me. But his whale tails curl differently this year with one curling outward. He seems to have gained in size on his brow tines and thirds but from his royals back he looks the same with extra curling on the tails. Now everyone has an idea of what he looks like so no pics needed! Lol    If anyone wants to argue that its a different bull then your furthering the idea that there are alot of big bulls in this particular area...  :dunno:

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2019, 09:02:12 AM »
Here is what hogslayer said, “an archery hunter made a bad shot..,” also said that archery didn’t have permission and was trespassing.

You Tbar then said “ he made a good shot this year” and quoted hogslayer’s post about the trespasser and the bad shot.

Am I confused? Is the “he made a good shot” guy different then the trespasser in the post you quoted? Seems like you are saying the two people are the same and that is quite the accusation.

This thread has quotes from other hunters in the area that were after these same local bulls.

You do understand there is more than one archery hunter in the valley I’m sure.

And if you are saying that the shooter this year is the trespasser from last year I would suggest taking that and your proof directly to wdfw rather than here.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 09:10:46 AM by Rainier10 »

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal