collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Jason’s 338-375 Ruger Build  (Read 12580 times)

Offline Jason

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Jason’s 338-375 Ruger Build
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2020, 09:25:16 PM »
The little shop down in Cinebar has had a LOT of H4350 lately. I picked up a keg 2 weeks ago for a buddy, sent another guy in there to pick up a keg, then I went back by there and picked up a case (10) of 1 pounders last weekend for myself and any local folks who might need some down the road. I still have half a keg that I picked up a while back as well.

If you're every down around Hwy 12 outside of Mossyrock/Morton, check in with Firemasters Firearms and see what he's got for powder on hand. It's amazing what he'll have and how much he'll have sometimes!
I’ll call down there tomorrow.

Offline yorketransport

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Frontiersman
  • Preferred pronouns: were/was
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2020, 09:31:08 PM »
The little shop down in Cinebar has had a LOT of H4350 lately. I picked up a keg 2 weeks ago for a buddy, sent another guy in there to pick up a keg, then I went back by there and picked up a case (10) of 1 pounders last weekend for myself and any local folks who might need some down the road. I still have half a keg that I picked up a while back as well.

If you're every down around Hwy 12 outside of Mossyrock/Morton, check in with Firemasters Firearms and see what he's got for powder on hand. It's amazing what he'll have and how much he'll have sometimes!

It would be a pretty good run for you from down where you're at, but might be worth it. If nothing else, Ken is a great and he's got a lot of very cool guns in there at great prices. You'd probably end up leaving with powder and a couple guns. :chuckle:

Offline Jason

• Frontiersman
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2020, 06:38:53 AM »

It would be a pretty good run for you from down where you're at, but might be worth it. If nothing else, Ken is a great and he's got a lot of very cool guns in there at great prices. You'd probably end up leaving with powder and a couple guns. :chuckle:
I love to drive. Plus it gets me out of the house. Social distancing practices in full effect.

Offline Jason

• Frontiersman
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2020, 06:28:34 PM »
Out with the old in with the new primers.

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2020, 07:24:46 PM »
I was getting hangfires till I switched from CCI to the 215’s.  Was scary like blackpowder. 

Offline Jason

• Frontiersman
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2020, 09:42:22 PM »
I was getting hangfires till I switched from CCI to the 215’s.  Was scary like blackpowder.
Glad they worked out for you. I’m hoping these tighten up my speeds. I was getting the occasional speed drop or spike before and now I’m thinking it was the primers throwing inconsistent charges.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2020, 07:44:32 AM »
Have you gotten her dialed in yet?
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline Jason

• Frontiersman
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2020, 07:54:54 AM »
Have you gotten her dialed in yet?
We will find out today. I got all the primers swapped out for the federal gm215m.
I picked up 4 more pounds of H4350 yesterday and I have some more projectiles coming. As long as we aren’t in full can’t go anywhere lockdown then I should be able to throw some lead for the next couple weekends.

I’m thinking of loading some up with H1000. What was your powder charge range on yours?

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2020, 09:47:44 AM »
With the 250gr Berger’s I started with 78gr h1000 and hit pressure at 85gr.  Keep in mind I have about 4-5% more capacity than the standard 338/375R. 
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.

Offline Goshawk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2020, 07:00:01 PM »
The little shop down in Cinebar has had a LOT of H4350 lately. I picked up a keg 2 weeks ago for a buddy, sent another guy in there to pick up a keg, then I went back by there and picked up a case (10) of 1 pounders last weekend for myself and any local folks who might need some down the road. I still have half a keg that I picked up a while back as well.  If you're every down around Hwy 12 outside of Mossyrock/Morton, check in with Firemasters Firearms and see what he's got for powder on hand. It's amazing what he'll have and how much he'll have sometimes!

Never, ever does any price gouging either.  Back when there was a hording of 22lr he kept bricks, one per customer at the same price as always.  A pretty good shop for chambering and gunsmithing too.
You'll never get a Big'un if you keep shooting Little'un's.

Offline Jason

• Frontiersman
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2020, 02:47:38 PM »
With the 250gr Berger’s I started with 78gr h1000 and hit pressure at 85gr.  Keep in mind I have about 4-5% more capacity than the standard 338/375R.
Thanks for the info. I have your case capacity memorized..lol

Offline Jason

• Frontiersman
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2020, 06:12:37 PM »
I was able to get some shooting in last weekend. I am happy to report that all my primers went bang. I’m finally getting some nice solid groups with the Berger’s now that I’m seating them to the lands.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2020, 06:21:58 PM »
That’s good to hear

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal