collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Best clothing set up for all day rain  (Read 6318 times)

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
Re: Best clothing set up for all day rain
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2019, 11:57:49 AM »
Well, since the OP mentioned the best for active hunting, I might as well throw out the Kryptek Takur. About $1350 for the set, but it is the "best".  :twocents: They put in extensive research using only the best materials possible. The Yukon is a close second in my eyes, and yes, I have both.

Offline savagehunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Longhunter
Re: Best clothing set up for all day rain
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2019, 10:24:54 PM »
Opening day of the high hunt it rained hard from dawn til dusk. We spent the day before building a fort off a big rock with a 9x11 tarp we spent 90 percent of our day under that tarp . My son was wearing sitka stormfront I was wearing sitka cold front. After 11 hrs we were wet top to bottom. No movement and able to glass the whole day. But sitting against a rock with a waterfall at your back and bunch grass under your butt in that weather nothing was going to keep us dry. Stopped raining at dark went back to camp built a big fire and had our stuff pretty much dry in 90 min. Rubber rain gear would have kept us fairly dry but packing it 6 miles was not an option. Sometimes you hunt wet, part of the game.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal