collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Kuiu Warranty  (Read 10235 times)

Offline dscubame

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
Re: Kuiu Warranty
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2019, 04:10:10 PM »
I feel that as I continue to fall on my SG it will continue to not break.  Falling on your pack is as commmon as elk bugles in September and imo a advertised high end pack such as Kuiu should be built well enough to handle the expected use, falling on it as should be expected. 
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2019, 06:09:39 PM »
I’ve broke my badlands super fanny pack several times and all’s I pay is the shipping cost and they fix everything that’s needed

Offline dscubame

• Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2019, 10:48:37 PM »
Leupold, Vortex, Costco, Nordstrom, REI, Craftsman, Darn Tough Socks, Badlands and so on and so on....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thepennyhoarder.com/save-money/companies-with-lifetime-warranties/amp/
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 07:28:41 AM by dscubame »
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2019, 10:52:50 PM »
The problem is one company sets a precedence and covers everything, then guys think everyone should do the same. I wonder if some of you guys think your body shop repairs should be covered under warranty after you put your car in a ditch too.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, RMEF, Friends of the Cowlitz
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2019, 11:06:28 PM »
The problem is one company sets a precedence and covers everything, then guys think everyone should do the same. I wonder if some of you guys think your body shop repairs should be covered under warranty after you put your car in a ditch too.
If it said it came with a "lifetime warranty"  you bet it should.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Kuiu Warranty
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2019, 11:32:56 PM »
Just read the warranty. It clearly calls out what is covered and what is not. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 11:40:10 PM by Stein »

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2019, 12:00:55 AM »

It doesn’t. It does say there’s a 3 year 36000 mile limited warranty. That doesn’t mean you put your 2 year old car in the ditch and total it and it’s covered under warranty... come on.

I don’t even know why I’m seemingly arguing this. I own 2 pieces of KUIU anything. I couldn’t care less what’s covered and what’s not lol.
What does KUIU’s warranty state?

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2019, 12:05:53 AM »

Offline spin05

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2019, 03:05:04 AM »

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2019, 04:33:05 AM »
I have nothing bad to say about Kuiu. When the glue on their shoulder straps started to come undone they sent me the newer more padded shoulder pad free. When I inquired about their wire snap clips to replace the C clips they sent me a package of them. I am more than satisfied with their products.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, RMEF, Friends of the Cowlitz
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2019, 06:50:46 AM »

It doesn’t. It does say there’s a 3 year 36000 mile limited warranty. That doesn’t mean you put your 2 year old car in the ditch and total it and it’s covered under warranty... come on.

I don’t even know why I’m seemingly arguing this. I own 2 pieces of KUIU anything. I couldn’t care less what’s covered and what’s not lol.
What does KUIU’s warranty state?
You just made my point.  Kuiu should not call their warranty a "lifetime warranty "  I understand they post what is covered under their warranty on their website.  And yes, I agree they make some AWESOME products!  If you say "lifetime warranty"  you'd better cover your products for their "life"  no matter what happens.  They just need to change their warranty name. 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2019, 09:48:22 AM »
I guess I was reading this as they wouldn’t cover the pack frame because he broke it. Not because of a time issue...i.e. a lofetime(or not) warranty issue.

When I look at a warranty issue, I look at it and have to decide whether or not it’s a manufacturer’s defect. If I fall on my backpack/run over my binoculars/snap my fly rod in half closing it in the car door, I don’t consider that a manufacturers defect or a result of normal wear and tear. I consider that me breaking my stuff.  I don’t consider the manufacturer of that product responsible for my loss of agility. That’s my point.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2019, 09:52:27 AM »
Here is their explanation:

"Our Lifetime Warranty has guidelines (click here to view them), and your frame doesn't fall within the guidelines. It's not that we no longer carry that frame or pack design, it's just that it's not covered under warranty due to wear and tear over the years. Our warranty is for the lifetime of the company but we all know that hunting gear doesn't last a lifetime. So it's not a product lifetime or we would just keep replacing and replacing everyone's gear no matter the issue. All of our gear ends up taking a loss at some point. Our gear is designed and built with a balance of weight, comfort, performance, and durability as the goal. While KUIU products do excel in all of these aspects, it is not indestructible. Sharp rocks, stiff limbs, unexpected falls, and stress on fabrics (wear and tear) can push any fabric or clothing type beyond its limit. We understand that hunting gear can be pushed to the limits during our hunts, and we do not take these kinds of emails lightly."

So basically there really is no warranty because if you damage the gear while using it for it's intended purpose it isn't covered.

WOW.

This is from the OP and where I was coming from. Not a time thing, a “he broke it” thing.

Offline JoeE

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2019, 10:38:46 AM »
I love KUIU clothing but ditched my KUIU pack this year for a new Mystery Ranch. And the buckle on a shoulder strap broke while I was hauling a moose hind quarter!! I improvised and attached the strap to a climbing caribiner I had in camp and finished the hunt. When I got home I emailed mystery ranch and they sent me a new shoulder harness no questions asked.

Offline Taco280AI

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2019, 10:43:26 AM »
It sucks, but it broke when you fell on it, not while under load. Too bad they won't help you more though. Just buy an Exo next time

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]