collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Kuiu Warranty  (Read 10236 times)

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: Kuiu Warranty
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2019, 03:14:38 PM »
The other thing to keep in mind is that their packs are designed to be ultralight.  Like every pack there are trade offs and compromises.

When you go ultralight, you trade durability for weight.  Carbon is light but it breaks relatively easily.  Carbon needs to be treated very well and protected.  No impacts, no big scratches.

They use light fabric, light webbing, light everything.  They designed it for backcountry sheep hunts where ounces really matter.

I bought both a KUIU and an Exo and the difference was very obvious.  I chose durability over weight because that made sense for how I hunt and what I wanted.

It’s the same reason most people are better off with aluminum bikes, if you crash your $4K bike won’t break in half.  Carbon is a very niche material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2019, 05:22:39 PM »
I love KUIU clothing but ditched my KUIU pack this year for a new Mystery Ranch. And the buckle on a shoulder strap broke while I was hauling a moose hind quarter!! I improvised and attached the strap to a climbing caribiner I had in camp and finished the hunt. When I got home I emailed mystery ranch and they sent me a new shoulder harness no questions asked.

And I think most companies including Kuiu will, I know sitka has for me but on another occasion sitka also made me pay for repairs soo  :dunno:

I get both sides of this from user and Manufacturer but I think what you're missing is it doesn't matter that you think its because they were not made well because for every one of you that broke yours there are a thousand others who have fallen on their older versions with no problem. They dont make it anymore and so you expect them to give you a new suspension, bag and frame that cost 450$?  If they did this for everyone the rest of us would have to pay more than 450 for a new one to cover the cost of replacing those that break theirs. I think that if it were a frame that your bag still fit on they would send you a new one 

Face it most have wording that protects them from having to cover things that are too old and very few dont, you wont get a Sage Warranty on everything you buy. Lifetime warranty can be defined and not necessarily mean that they are going to cover "EVERYTHING FOREVER" I think Kuiu did a good job of explaining this on their web site and unfortunately their definition fits your situation to a T. I don't think it means that an internet shaming is in order. Now had they not had the Wording about falling on sharp objects ect... then you'd have a gripe.  :twocents:
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2019, 06:44:19 PM »
They should've cliff tested their packs... 🤣

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2019, 06:45:17 PM »
I guess I’m of a different mindset. If I legitimately break or ruin something, I wouldn’t expect someone else to replace it for free. I’m responsible for ruining it, I’ll eat it and replace it.
Agreed. I feel the same way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2019, 09:03:39 PM »
Words, words, words...

Buy Kifaru or MR  :tup:
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2019, 09:19:53 PM »
Words, words, words...

Buy Kifaru or MR  :tup:

Done.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter