collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Any hunters in Gig harbor  (Read 7894 times)

Offline BFOX22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Any hunters in Gig harbor
« on: October 01, 2019, 01:00:13 PM »
Looking to find a hunting partner in Gig harbor Key Pen area. Hunt deer, elk, bear, cougar, small game and birds. I currently do not have a bird dog (sad) however I do love to go out and hunt some ducks or pheasant. I hunt local as well as travel to other parts of the state. Deer and elk I bow hunt typically, keeps crowds down.

Offline Jloether13

• Pilgrim
Re: Any hunters in Gig harbor
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 08:24:12 PM »
Gig harbor resident here. I’ve lived here for a couple years but haven’t really hunted in WA. I grew up hunting and plan to get back into it this year. Not really waterfowl hunter. I plan on bear hunting this year. Hopefully deer or elk.  I would prefer to bow hunt if I had the time but will rifle hunt to get back in the swing of things in this state. 

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 10:02:59 AM »
We live in Olalla just north of Gig Harbor but we do have a couple meets each year for the  "Kitsap" area hunt WA members. They are usually held in Silverdale but you would be more than welcome to attend the next meet up. I will try to remember this and PM both of you when we set it up. There is usually 10 to 20 guys there and you may find a possible partner for an adventure or ten!

Offline pd

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 08:57:26 PM »
We live in Olalla just north of Gig Harbor but we do have a couple meets each year for the  "Kitsap" area hunt WA members. They are usually held in Silverdale but you would be more than welcome to attend the next meet up. I will try to remember this and PM both of you when we set it up. There is usually 10 to 20 guys there and you may find a possible partner for an adventure or ten!

'Tis true, about 20 or so regular folk show up at the meetings.  Most of them shysters, so be aware.  BirdGuy is good folk, however.   :o

There are gobs of hunters on your side of the ditch.  Stay on this site, you will find them.  Good luck!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Hunter326

• Pilgrim
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 02:37:27 PM »
I live in Silverdale, I'm equipped to hunt any season, but have been hunting Archery season the past 4 years for all big game. I usually go South to the Lewis River unit for elk, and hunt local for deer. My normal partner can't find the time much anymore.

Offline KB88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Scout
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 03:46:43 PM »
I live in lakebay, very much into all kinds of hunting. Bow, muzzy, and rifle. Waterfowl deer elk predators upland.

I’m lacking spots for waterfowl around here but know tons of spots down south.

Hit me up I have several duck boats.

Offline Aginor

• Tracker
  • https://caltopo.com/m/B201
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 05:02:08 PM »

Can you add me to the list as well? Thanks!

Offline DIron

• Tracker
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 09:03:28 AM »
Birdguy, please add me to that list of GH hunters for a Kitsap Meet up.

Offline Aginor

• Tracker
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 12:41:28 PM »
Now that Covid has been canceled, we should do this soon!

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 06:48:37 PM »
Not sure canceled is the right word but yes, we probably should try to put something together pretty soon. Maybe an outdoor venue of some kind. I have a graduation trip I owe my son to Montana but I will start looking into it.

Offline ballpark

• Salty
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2020, 07:04:11 PM »
Not sure canceled is the right word but yes, we probably should try to put something together pretty soon. Maybe an outdoor venue of some kind. I have a graduation trip I owe my son to Montana but I will start looking into it.

Bruce,
Let me know what I can do.

Offline fanatic291

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: Gig Harbor Sportsman Club
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2020, 03:25:09 PM »
I recently moved to Gig Harbor and am looking for a hunting mentor. I am an avid backpacker and recently bought a rifle for shooting at the Gig Harbor Sportsman Club. I am interested in getting into hunting. Send me a PM. I have a pretty flexible schedule to go explore in the mountains.

Offline TheStovePipeKid

• They call me MISTER KID!
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • I. Kill. Turkey.
    • TheStovePipeKid
  • Groups: NWTF Annual Member, NRA Extended Pay Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 05:10:39 PM »
I live on the KP and would love to meet up with the Kitsap folks for some good old fashion hunting chatter.
I laugh in the face of Danger. Ha ha ha Danger Face!

Offline Aginor

• Tracker
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 09:46:23 PM »
This weekend or next weekend would be nice before grouse season starts up. It would be nice to know where everyone is located so we can determine which town is most central. I’m in Silverdale

Offline fanatic291

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: Gig Harbor Sportsman Club
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2020, 07:26:47 AM »
I could meet up. I am planning to drive out to Spider Lake on Sunday to check out the area.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]