collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunting/Dating Application  (Read 3528 times)

Offline KevrosWanderin

• I cant get enough!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: BHA, RMEF, NRA, WA Bow Hunters, Puget Sound Anglers
Hunting/Dating Application
« on: October 11, 2019, 04:25:13 PM »
I guess I need to throw my application in. I talk to the guys at work about going all the time. Their not that interested! We moved to the Tacoma area recently. I have the combo tags with Western modern. A guy from work wants to run down to the St Helens area for modern elk. From what I here it is not plum full of elk. He talks like it always has and will be. 😂 I have no idea so nothing else if he comes through it will be boots on the ground for me.

So far I have been stubborn to ask for a partner. Mainly because I want to scout and learn "spots" on my own. I talk to plenty of people that say they want to go hunting and learn how. When it comes time they are always busy. Which I understand, my work schedule sucks. I get a dispatch around 3-5pm each day for what is going on the next day. Sometimes this is cool cause I can also take off work at a drop of the hat. I moved here from Missouri. My gear collection resembles that. I'm getting there though. Got a used REI pack, a kill kit, floorless shelter with plan of running a stove to stay warm and dry(no stove yet). I'm willing to travel to hunt. With ambitions next year to head to Idaho for elk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While inexperienced, a open mind, a will to learn, and the drive to achieve what you dream about. You can do anything. Persistence is key. Some dream of wealth or material things. I dream of experiences and wild places

Offline KevrosWanderin

• I cant get enough!
  • Tracker
Re: Hunting/Dating Application
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 07:19:50 AM »
Update: my solo scouting has gone pretty well. Found places I wouldn’t return to. Then again places I would like to have a week to hunt in September. I have found tons of bear sign, fresh logs and berry piles of scat. Just no live animals. I have only seen one rabbit, and two grouse. Not to say I have spent a ton of days out though.found a cool place this past weekend. I just know now you will need a day to get in and at least two to three days of hunting and a following day to get out. Just to make it that spot work. Now all that said. I have not seen a black tail or much sign. So contemplating whether to go out this weekend.

While inexperienced, a open mind, a will to learn, and the drive to achieve what you dream about. You can do anything. Persistence is key. Some dream of wealth or material things. I dream of experiences and wild places

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 07:24:39 AM »
Yes,  go. You never know.

Offline slowhand

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Seahawk fan for life
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 08:14:23 AM »
If Your interested in Joining a hunting group / Family of Guys I can Help You out.
Over the years our group / Family has shrunk do to age and other things coming into the guys lives. We have an opening for the right person.
We hunt the entire state Turkey, Elk, Deer (all three).
Kid friendly enviorment, No drugs, or drinking. Good people and a great team.
We are hunting this week leave the 13th head home the 17th Blacktail in GMU 505, 667, and 510. Your invited
PM Me in your interested.
Seahawks
Hunting
Fishing
In That order

Offline Parasite

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 12:39:35 AM »
I'm up for new hunting partners. I've lived in Washington the last 17 months now and am a Midwest transplant as well. Lived most of my life in Michigan (28 years), but also about 7 years in Illinois, 3 years in Kansas, and a little bit of MO, NC, and SC.

Offline KevrosWanderin

• I cant get enough!
  • Tracker
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 08:22:11 AM »
I'm up for new hunting partners. I've lived in Washington the last 17 months now and am a Midwest transplant as well. Lived most of my life in Michigan (28 years), but also about 7 years in Illinois, 3 years in Kansas, and a little bit of MO, NC, and SC.

I think what is the hardest for me. Is wrapping my head around that all these critters will live at different elevations. Going out in the tattoosh wilderness looking for game. Of any sorts, squirrel, rabbit, grouse, big game, etc and seeing sign of bear, deer and a little elk. Then no matter how hard I felt I tried I never seen any. I would like to have spent more consecutive time out. Still spend many days this past year hiking, sitting and still hunting down in that area. I’m just trying to learn!!!

Offline slowhand

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Seahawk fan for life
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 12:34:46 PM »

I think what is the hardest for me. Is wrapping my head around that all these critters will live at different elevations. Going out in the tattoosh wilderness looking for game. Of any sorts, squirrel, rabbit, grouse, big game, etc and seeing sign of bear, deer and a little elk. Then no matter how hard I felt I tried I never seen any. I would like to have spent more consecutive time out. Still spend many days this past year hiking, sitting and still hunting down in that area. I’m just trying to learn!!!

Knowing the area makes all the difference in the world.
There are hill sides that you know you have a high chance to see animals and You know there are ones where it's very unlikely. boots on the ground and time in the woods makes all the diff. Or going out with someone that has hunted an area their entire life. LOL
That sure changes the time it takes to be successful.   
Seahawks
Hunting
Fishing
In That order

Offline KevrosWanderin

• I cant get enough!
  • Tracker
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 09:33:32 AM »
So I am ready to get back to scouting/exploring. Not knowing much about how elevation and snow levels change. I have been scouring dark sky. This at least is allowing me to get a idea of what is going on. When do most of you get back out? I have gathered from reading, and listening to a few podcast. That a person could effectively be scouting and looking for shed in April. Is that accurate?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:04:10 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]