collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Vortex Optics customer service  (Read 8299 times)

Offline Quackaddict

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
Re: Vortex Optics customer service
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2019, 02:42:01 PM »
I had dropped my vortex pro gt tripod in my garage the day before rifle season started.  The quick release lockdown lever broke off.  I called vortex and they expedited the pieces I needed. Fast forward to yesterday and I noticed my whole pan head is loose and sloppy after everything is tightened down.   I wrote an email this morning and got a response shortly after that they are sending me a brand new one  with a return shipping Label  to send mine back. And they are overnighting it to me. All I can say is wow. Their customer service is bar none.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2019, 07:49:27 PM »
Has anyone ever had a piece from the Razor line crap out?
I had to send all of my razor line optics back when I had them. Scope, binos, and spotter.

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2019, 08:13:31 PM »
Vortex warranty form the most downloaded form in hunting 😂

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2019, 08:47:52 PM »
Wow. Reading this thread has convinced me to never buy Vortex optics. Seems like half their customers have problems.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2019, 09:11:36 PM »
Wow. Reading this thread has convinced me to never buy Vortex optics. Seems like half their customers have problems.

Nonsense Bob.....  their warranty is second to none!!  Just read the testimonials, everyone that buys their optics gets great customer service when their items fall apart. Clearly you are a glass half empty kind of person!!! 

Joking of course....this is what I have been saying the entire time but people love that warranty and great customer service.    :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Online mountainman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2019, 09:18:45 PM »
Has anyone ever had a piece from the Razor line crap out?
Never, and have had a few of them😉
That Sword is more important than the Shield!

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2019, 10:06:16 PM »

Nonsense Bob.....  their warranty is second to none!!  Just read the testimonials, everyone that buys their optics gets great customer service when their items fall apart. Clearly you are a glass half empty kind of person!!! 

Joking of course....this is what I have been saying the entire time but people love that warranty and great customer service.    :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
I guess I am kind of weird. I like optics that don't fail.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Lyons

• Pilgrim
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2019, 10:24:57 PM »
I own 3 different pairs of vortex binos (razor, talon, viper) and a diamondback spotting scope. All work great and have not failed. I have used the warranty on several of them due to things ive done, mainly scratching the glass. Quality is great, customer service is excellent.

Everything man made can and will fail. I take comfort in knowing that even if I damage it, they will fix it.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2019, 08:38:02 AM »
Some of you guys sure are arrogant about your hoitey toitey optics.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2019, 09:18:48 AM »

Wow. Defensive are we......  no one I’ve seen here has been arrogant!!   More like we are realistic about the fact most vortex appear be defective and have to bent back for their amazing customer service and replacement warranty about 50% of the time.  Lol.  Like I’ve said....I would and have bought bushnell optics that are better quality than the vortex on the market.  Price point is the same and I have never had to send a pair back.  Would you buy a car if you knew it had a 50% fail rate just because the dealer had great customer service??   

Offline Lyons

• Pilgrim
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2019, 11:16:28 AM »

Wow. Defensive are we......  no one I’ve seen here has been arrogant!!   More like we are realistic about the fact most vortex appear be defective and have to bent back for their amazing customer service and replacement warranty about 50% of the time.  Lol.  Like I’ve said....I would and have bought bushnell optics that are better quality than the vortex on the market.  Price point is the same and I have never had to send a pair back.  Would you buy a car if you knew it had a 50% fail rate just because the dealer had great customer service??

Wheres the 50% number coming from? Is this fact or opinion?

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2019, 11:59:35 AM »

50% of the vortex I have owned had major malfunctions.  I returned and sold all 4 items.   Otherwise it appears based on all the threads you read on this topic....approx half the people who comment have had problems.  The op started this thread has had two known problems / major malfunctions with one item.   That is a 66% fail rate. 

I could care less what people want to spend their money on.....it just amazes me how many people buy these defective items and still love the company because of their customer service.....which is hands down good (no argument there).

Offline Lyons

• Pilgrim
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2019, 02:21:19 PM »

50% of the vortex I have owned had major malfunctions.  I returned and sold all 4 items.   Otherwise it appears based on all the threads you read on this topic....approx half the people who comment have had problems.  The op started this thread has had two known problems / major malfunctions with one item.   That is a 66% fail rate. 

I could care less what people want to spend their money on.....it just amazes me how many people buy these defective items and still love the company because of their customer service.....which is hands down good (no argument there).

So 50% of your experience + a few people who responded here. If 66% of their optics truly did fail and had to be returned they would be out of business. Maybe you have just had bad luck. Ive purchased 4 optics, 4 or so red dot sights, and 4 or so scopes and have not had a failure. My success rate is 100%. Several people I hunt and work with also use vortex bino's, scopes, spotting scopes, red dots, and range finders. Havent seen any failures there either, this includes red dots on duty guns, which is hard on the optic.

Offline Tinmaniac

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2019, 02:33:14 PM »
For the price they charge compaired to the price of production in China they could give away 10 pairs and still turn a profit.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2019, 03:37:37 PM »

So 50% of your experience + a few people who responded here. If 66% of their optics truly did fail and had to be returned they would be out of business. Maybe you have just had bad luck. Ive purchased 4 optics, 4 or so red dot sights, and 4 or so scopes and have not had a failure. My success rate is 100%. Several people I hunt and work with also use vortex bino's, scopes, spotting scopes, red dots, and range finders. Havent seen any failures there either, this includes red dots on duty guns, which is hard on the optic.

No....  I stated the op had a 66% fail rate on one item!!  At the end of the day you no my opinion.  If yours is different, well good on you.  Like I also said....you can spend your money any way you see fit. I choose not to buy products with that high a fail rate.  This was spurred by an admin / mod calling people “arogant” for having “hoity tooth” optics.   All my optics at budget optics as I have purchased them used for killer deals.  Im not arrogant about it...just have my opinions.   You have a right to yours too without me calling names so have at it.... 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 11:53:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]