collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Taxidermist-breach of contract?  (Read 11795 times)

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Re: Taxidermist-breach of contract?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2019, 08:56:31 AM »
Why not post the business name? It's very annoying when these types of threads pop up. You're just stating facts if you post it, right? :dunno:

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2019, 08:57:00 AM »
He may be farming stuff out as well which means hes has far less control on things, its does happen and it does take longer.  I know of instances where items are shipped out of state to independants that bid on the jobs......even some that have been sent to schools.  Ya never know.  Local taxidermists wont want to be known for farming out work.

Go in and ask to see your capes......they cant still be frozen raw, so if he has them, they must be tanned, if not where are they ???

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2019, 09:00:53 AM »
He may be farming stuff out as well which means hes has far less control on things, its does happen and it does take longer.  I know of instances where items are shipped out of state to independants that bid on the jobs......even some that have been sent to schools.  Ya never know.  Local taxidermists wont want to be known for farming out work.

Maybe his shop collapsed. It doesn't matter the reason. He could still communicate and acknowledge he missed his commitment.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2019, 09:07:54 AM »

Maybe his shop collapsed. It doesn't matter the reason. He could still communicate and acknowledge he missed his commitment.

Even if he pops  up with a reason now, there will be a real strain on the validity at this point.  The longer this goes on, the harder it will be to accept an excuse.

Offline CaNINE

• Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2019, 09:56:07 AM »
I suspect we're talking about 2 or 3 different shops.... :dunno:
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

Proverbs 12:27

Offline Alan K

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • University of Idaho Alumni
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2019, 10:12:25 AM »
If the taxidermist my animals are at is still working on meeting his commitments I'd rather not trash him. I just don't know, haven't been able to get ahold of him. If the work isn't going to get finished I guess at this point it is what it is and I'd just like to get my capes back for completion elsewhere.  I've always known him to be a good guy so I guess I'm not ready to start throwing a big fuss just yet, still hoping he's working towards completion until I hear otherwise from him.  :dunno:

Offline Encore 280

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Encore 280
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2019, 10:33:53 AM »
Maybe the OP could mention where this taxidermist's shop is located, that would at least narrow it down.

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2019, 10:42:20 AM »
Not knocking the OP specifically but threads like this are just bad taste. If someone has wronged you then put their name out right away so others are not caught in the crossfire.

Honestly, what's the point of complaining and telling everyone your concerns and you don't mention the other party that has caused you harm?

Pointless.
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline whacker1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2019, 11:15:45 AM »
tagging along

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2019, 11:16:33 AM »
Names have been removed.

I have taken heat for this before and probably will on this one too.  If the OP wants to name the taxidermist and give proof of what is going on that his choice.  I just don't want to see us jumping to conclusions and smearing someones name that might not even be involved in this.

I have seen enough of these threads to know there is a he said she said to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth.  We only have very limited information from one side of the story.  It doesn't matter what the taxidermists name is the OP is wondering what his options are.

If it was me and I wanted my stuff back at would camp out where ever I left it until I got it back.

FYI I have an animal at a site sponsored taxidermist that has been there for two years and he told me right up front that he wouldn't get to it for at least two years.  It took me 25 years to get said animal and it will be on my wall for 30 years, waiting 2 plus years for the quality of work that I want is worth it to me.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline whacker1

• Old Salt
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2019, 11:29:14 AM »
I think many taxidermists are seeing more work, because there is more money in the economy than say 5 years ago and thus more folks are having taxidermy done.  I know very few Taxidermists that decline more work, and may be putting themselves in an awkward position of getting too far over their skis and can't get caught up on all the extra work.   :twocents:

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2019, 11:31:03 AM »
 Spot on Rainier and removing any name posted by anyone besides the OP here is the proper approach.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2019, 11:34:34 AM »
I think many taxidermists are seeing more work, because there is more money in the economy than say 5 years ago and thus more folks are having taxidermy done.  I know very few Taxidermists that decline more work, and may be putting themselves in an awkward position of getting too far over their skis and can't get caught up on all the extra work.   :twocents:
:yeah:
I know in my business I only fish for what I can keep and process.  Some of my competitors over fish and catch more than they can process.  In the end all of their fish end up rotting in the boat because they are too busy fishing for more fish.  My business isn't fishing but you get the idea.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline whacker1

• Old Salt
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2019, 11:45:55 AM »
:yeah:
I know in my business I only fish for what I can keep and process.  Some of my competitors over fish and catch more than they can process.  In the end all of their fish end up rotting in the boat because they are too busy fishing for more fish.  My business isn't fishing but you get the idea.

Yes, understood, but not everyone has learned this lesson.  Some "artists" don't have the best business sense.  I find that they will often times take on work with great intentions of working more hours, but just can't get caught up or are unwilling to put in the extra hours.

Offline washingtonmuley

• Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2019, 12:06:46 PM »
The problem often times is that the taxidermist takes in more animals than he can handle and they will refuse to quit taking in animals until they get caught up. I am pretty sure I know who this taxidermist is and he needs to stop taking in animals until he is caught up!! I almost used him for my Safari because he was closer than my taxidermist in Montana and I am so glad I didn't use him!!! Request your mounts and take elsewhere.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]