collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Steve rinellas blue mountains bull hunt  (Read 30498 times)

Offline 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Steve rinellas blue mountains bull hunt
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2019, 08:58:44 AM »
Not a fan of giving locations.
People do it all the time when their needs have been met and the chance of going back is slim.

Offline Meathunter06

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: Hunting Washington Forum
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2019, 09:40:32 AM »
I’m so sick and tired of all the folks backing this guy like they are his best friend. My family has hunted that unit since the 1930s and every local in that area is not ok with his broadcasting of the unit. Even talked to 2 local game wardens this season and they also agree that his big mouth was completely unacceptable. And yeah go ahead and keep saying that it’s a quality hunt unit and everyone knows that. Keep up the bashing I can handle it.  :chuckle: Mtn view is way more than a quality hunt. Many generations have relied on this area to provide food for their family and still do. Way more to it than a trophy elk hunt! Maybe the draw won’t go up in apps dramatically but it’s still completely unacceptable as a hunter to blast all these details out to everyone. The more talk, the more idiots in the unit. I always drive to all the campsites after the season and check for trash left behind. I’ve never had to pick up more trash as I had this year at campsites. Disgusting! Long story short, this isn’t just a quality elk hunt. It’s a way of life for many and the original hunters of this area are completely disgusted with Steve

Rinella didn't ruin a way of life  if anything he is about preserving a way of life.  His show is one of the few that has respect for the tradition and providing meat for the family the majority of hunting shows focus on the exact opposite they focus on the trophy aspect which only creates more individuals wanting to shift from opportunistic hunters providing meat to trophy hunters focused on a measuring tape.  Nothing torques me off more then watching some jackwang shoot a bull or buck on tv then watch as the unskinned ungutted rigamortis carcass is not being taken care of first instead they whip out a tape and calculator that is what has ruined your way of life.  When shows started getting more popular and a greater population shifted to trophy hunting thats when landowners who use to let you hunt for a simple knock on the door and a box of apples saw an opportunity to make money and close lands and start leasing and charging for access I have only ever heard of a trophy fee being charged to hunt not a way to provide meat for my family fee.  I totally agree with your frustrations my family hunts with the mindset of opportunist and meat and if we happen to get lucky on a nice animal once in awhile its a bonus.  To many people not enough open land to many predators to much technology the list goes on as to what has ruined a way of life and it certainly isn't one tv show it's many plus.  As said i totally agree and cant stand that hunting as a lifestyle has changed and i'm not sure its for the better and have to deal with it.  It is not a cost effective way to provide meat for the family anymore it would be cheaper to by beef but it is about the experience and it is great on the table for sure. Bottom line to many people and to much greed and not enough connection with the heritage land and wildlife in general is what has ruined hunting as a way of life and has turned it into a flat bill competition if SCI scores were measured in pounds of meat rather inches of horns the value of the trophy wouldn't exist for the competition to one up the next guy and not nearly as many people would be in your spot.  On a side note nobody is going to flock to the blues or anywhere else from out of state and i think some posts on this sites and facebook and other social media have created just as much or even more competition in some of our best spots in the state.
:tup:

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2019, 09:54:13 AM »
I’m so sick and tired of all the folks backing this guy like they are his best friend. My family has hunted that unit since the 1930s and every local in that area is not ok with his broadcasting of the unit. Even talked to 2 local game wardens this season and they also agree that his big mouth was completely unacceptable. And yeah go ahead and keep saying that it’s a quality hunt unit and everyone knows that. Keep up the bashing I can handle it.  :chuckle: Mtn view is way more than a quality hunt. Many generations have relied on this area to provide food for their family and still do. Way more to it than a trophy elk hunt! Maybe the draw won’t go up in apps dramatically but it’s still completely unacceptable as a hunter to blast all these details out to everyone. The more talk, the more idiots in the unit. I always drive to all the campsites after the season and check for trash left behind. I’ve never had to pick up more trash as I had this year at campsites. Disgusting! Long story short, this isn’t just a quality elk hunt. It’s a way of life for many and the original hunters of this area are completely disgusted with Steve

You should put to practice your profile signature, those 3 words ring true in a situation like this.

Offline 2MANY

• Frontiersman
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2019, 10:06:07 AM »
Steve is just selling what sells..........................units and all.

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2019, 04:54:57 PM »
I just watched his Idaho mule deer hunt its pretty good but I am pretty sure he screwed central Idaho deer hunting  :chuckle:

Offline Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2019, 04:59:29 PM »
Never hunted it or been there but i know what unit im putting in for now  :chuckle:
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Offline Meathunter06

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
  • Groups: Hunting Washington Forum
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2019, 06:54:35 PM »
Myself and all my buddies are putting in for that unit gonna text Steve for any tips that he could give me :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline davk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, GOA
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2019, 09:26:10 PM »
Just wait for all the replies that he ruined the unit and ruined a tag opportunity and blah blah it was never a secret people
Just because it is known doesnt make it known to everyone.  Most hunting spots are known by quite a few people.  You cant deny that he just fd over that unit.  I mean all of your spots are probably know by quite a few people.  Shouldnt be an issue to just broadcast them.  Lets just produce a map showing where they are.  NBD

Offline Shoofly09

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2019, 09:44:29 PM »
If you don't want the blues in the spotlight why keep responding to this thread...over 100 replies but over 7000 views. If you Google blue mountains hunting this thread is near the top..there are plenty of success threads on this and other websites that detail areas, blue's, colockum, peaches, etc..but I guess it's easier to cast stones..

I'm still pissed at meater eater because they ruined my go to mule deer spots...oh wait... they've never hunted my old spots...then why have they gone to crap...hmm, weird.

Exactly this.........     Do you guys think that on average half the meat eater shows are in a new unit for some type of game and then that unit gets blown out?     That sounds naive.      I elk hunted this year on private farm land east of the Ochoco's in Oregon that historically has been covered up in elk.    Eight days of hunting, never even saw an elk.    Must be Steves fault (even though they haven't filed a show there)

Offline 2MANY

• Frontiersman
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2019, 09:42:11 AM »
Please post GPS and pictures of your best spot below.

Offline Odell

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2019, 11:01:08 AM »
Please post GPS and pictures of your best spot below.

Exactly. No spot is a secret but telling more people always makes it worse.

The numbers don't lie, it happened but people still continue to be in denial. The man crush is strong in the hunting community.
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2019, 11:34:04 AM »
Overall, out door (hunting TV) television shows have hurt the sport more than helped (My opinion here folks).  I'm as guilty as anyone and like to watch them.  But it has driven the sport into a direction that eventually will implode the sport.  It has taken hunting into a direction of trophy hunting.  There are less and less hunters each year in the US but more and more trophy hunters.  This has driven industry into a point that anyone owning land has went from a "ask for permission to hunt" to a "pay for permission to hunt".  I know I'm going to get some flack here because Steve isn't a trophy hunter but he is in the industry.  His show is to make money!  Its all about money.  The day of the guy going out and harvesting a small buck or doe deer to feed his family has turned into everyone out looking for the 175 plus inch mule deer, the 360 inch elk, or the 150 plus inch whitetail.  I know these statements are general and don't apply to all but hunting TV has slowly taken the hunter in this direction.  I'm as guilty as the next guy.  Go out hunting and look at the average age of your fellow hunters.  In general, that age is getting older and older each year.  Very few youth are getting into the sport because of the skyrocketing costs and absolutely no access issues.   The day of the high school kid hitting their favorite pheasant spot on the way home from school are over.  That is why so many people are jumping ship and choosing to leave the Washington zoo behind and start to spend their money in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, and other states.  These states are about 20-30 years behind Washington but will catch up in time.  Hunting will eventually become a rich mans sport.  As it is now, there is no way you can justify the cost of the meat with the cost of your hunting experience.  So the day for the normal guy going out hunting to feed his family is all but over.  Price per pound, wild game is the most expensive meat on the planet in most cases.  I could go on and on but will stop here.
Zonk Volmer

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2019, 11:50:18 AM »
I respectfully disagree with several points. I don't agree that everyone's out for a 170 buck or a 300+ bull. But the problem there is that one day, you're (not you) a jerk for being a trophy hunter (even though you eat your harvest), and the next, you're a jerk if you take a younger animal. A guy can't win either way. That's a problem within the hunting community. We don't support each other regardless of legal harvests, whatever they may be.

Television hunting shows have been around for decades. That's not what's hurting hunting. Boisterous anti-hunter wackos, public perception of firearms, lack of opportunity, an increase of private posted or fee-required lands, diseased animals, and predator spirals add to deterring factors to new potential hunters.

The price per pound of hunted meat has never been a factor. We've been spending hundreds of dollars a lb to hunt forever. Although it is about putting meat in the freezer, it's certainly not a comparison between wild game and farm food.

Responsible hunting shows like Rinella's, which emphasize ethical hunting and harvesting practices, are good for the image of hunting - there aren't enough of shows like that. They not only interest the younger hunting-interested youth but shed a positive light on what we do. It's too bad that more shows aren't like that. As far as him broadcasting our favorite haunts, putting a favorable light on hunting means he travels to different places to hunt. This time it was the Blues. Next time, it'll be Indiana or Uzbekistan. Wherever he goes, he represents us all well.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline 2MANY

• Frontiersman
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2019, 11:59:28 AM »
"Hunting will eventually become a rich mans sport."

Just like Europe.

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2019, 04:46:11 PM »
I respectfully disagree with several points. I don't agree that everyone's out for a 170 buck or a 300+ bull. But the problem there is that one day, you're (not you) a jerk for being a trophy hunter (even though you eat your harvest), and the next, you're a jerk if you take a younger animal. A guy can't win either way. That's a problem within the hunting community. We don't support each other regardless of legal harvests, whatever they may be.

Television hunting shows have been around for decades. That's not what's hurting hunting. Boisterous anti-hunter wackos, public perception of firearms, lack of opportunity, an increase of private posted or fee-required lands, diseased animals, and predator spirals add to deterring factors to new potential hunters.

The price per pound of hunted meat has never been a factor. We've been spending hundreds of dollars a lb to hunt forever. Although it is about putting meat in the freezer, it's certainly not a comparison between wild game and farm food.

A lot of good points here.

Responsible hunting shows like Rinella's, which emphasize ethical hunting and harvesting practices, are good for the image of hunting - there aren't enough of shows like that. They not only interest the younger hunting-interested youth but shed a positive light on what we do. It's too bad that more shows aren't like that. As far as him broadcasting our favorite haunts, putting a favorable light on hunting means he travels to different places to hunt. This time it was the Blues. Next time, it'll be Indiana or Uzbekistan. Wherever he goes, he represents us all well.

A lot of good points here!
Zonk Volmer

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]