collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: e bike discussion  (Read 5255 times)

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
Re: e bike discussion
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2019, 10:05:01 PM »
Looks nice, sure hope you cover that scope and gun when riding, no fenders!
I have fenders now and yes I  learned real quick on covering gun with a sleeve . That was summer time out  checking cameras and looking for totes but totally have changed that since then

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2019, 05:31:11 AM »
You guys wanna throw that kind of money at a bike that is limited on which gates you can go in.I can pretty much bet all timber lands that allow access your not allowed.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2019, 06:30:46 AM »
...except log trucks, survery's, private land owners, guys with keys that check the job out during hunting season...…  But a 30 lb bicycle is going to scare off the wildlife.  I'm mostly venting about the lands up in the Selkirk that have gates to protect the grizz, like they need protecting.  :bash:
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline 3dvapor

• Longhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2019, 07:57:51 AM »
Hopefully washington state and timber companies will follow suit with the feds and classify type 2 ebiks as being non motorized.  The national forest service im told will be following blm and national parks in this as well. :tup:

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2019, 08:39:50 AM »
Hopefully washington state and timber companies will follow suit with the feds and classify type 2 ebiks as being non motorized.  The national forest service im told will be following blm and national parks in this as well. :tup:
:yeah:  I’m banking on that, and if I do buy one, I’m riding in..... 

Offline millerwheeler

• Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2019, 08:44:05 AM »

Hope so , it would encourage more people to try new things and get outdoors. While I understand the added pressure i believe it would have little to know impact in comparison  of logging, trespassing atv and offroad vehicles . If respect to established roads were maintained  what would the harm be ? I know several timber companies That use the sign posted above but  with a simple phone call have said stay on the road and there is no harm. Also  I have always been under the pretense  that if it's 750watts or less it is not federally considered motorized... 

Offline 3dvapor

• Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2019, 09:18:28 AM »
Yes,  class 11 750watts and under are considered non motorized by the feds as of Aug 29th

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2019, 02:47:10 PM »
These signs are pretty explaining the same thing to me.If it got a motor not allowed.

Hope so , it would encourage more people to try new things and get outdoors. While I understand the added pressure i believe it would have little to know impact in comparison  of logging, trespassing atv and offroad vehicles . If respect to established roads were maintained  what would the harm be ? I know several timber companies That use the sign posted above but  with a simple phone call have said stay on the road and there is no harm. Also  I have always been under the pretense  that if it's 750watts or less it is not federally considered motorized... 
As for this you better get a card that makes you authorized motor vehicle when you call,cause I will text the game warden on anybody rideing a motor vehicle in a cooperative road closer area.
Federal law or not ,on private timber lands it will be up to the land owner.
Just like this sign ,do u think because it doesn't have a pic of ebike that they will be allowed.

I say you all should jump on the ban wagon of ebikes cause the more of ya there is the quicker you will be added to all the signs and be outed all that money you spent.

Offline millerwheeler

• Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2019, 03:10:01 PM »
These signs are pretty explaining the same thing to me.If it got a motor not allowed.

As for this you better get a card that makes you authorized motor vehicle when you call,cause I will text the game warden on anybody rideing a motor vehicle in a cooperative road closer area.
Just like this sign ,do u think because it doesn't have a pic of ebike that they will be allowed.

I say you all should jump on the ban wagon of ebikes cause the more of ya there is the quicker you will be added to all the signs and be outed all that money you spent.
did I say anywhere Th ag if they said no I would it it anyway? No I didnt . It's an easy simple.phone call and sometimes it's a yes sometimes it's a no real.easy . Second when someone doesn't use there turn signal or passes a light on yellow when it could be red do   text the police too?  It's a dang bike I think people think and ebike is something you just sit on and it peddles for ya , well  mine ya gotta pedal  and it's not just push a button and go .

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2019, 03:20:49 PM »

did I say anywhere Th ag if they said no I would it it anyway? No I didnt . It's an easy simple.phone call and sometimes it's a yes sometimes it's a no real.easy . Second when someone doesn't use there turn signal or passes a light on yellow when it could be red do   text the police too?  It's a dang bike I think people think and ebike is something you just sit on and it peddles for ya , well  mine ya gotta pedal  and it's not just push a button and go .
All I can say to this if you can't read too well
The cooperative road closer sign says no motorized bikes .so ya when your in there screwing my hunting up for the day cause your too lazy to walk ,or read a sign.Ya I'm gonna text a warden .

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2019, 03:21:55 PM »
That timber sign says nothing about riding a bike, I'm all in on that gate!! 

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2019, 03:44:32 PM »
That timber sign says nothing about riding a bike, I'm all in on that gate!!
But if you took five minutes to look at there policy and access rules.You might change your mind.The reason most access is taken away is no respect for property owner rules.

https://www.stimsonlumber.com/social-responsibility/recreational-access/

Offline millerwheeler

• Sourdough
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2019, 03:44:59 PM »

The cooperative road closer sign says no motorized bikes .so ya when your in there screwing my hunting up for the day cause your too lazy to walk ,or read a sign.Ya I'm gonna text a warden .

First you say the timber sign now your saying  the fish and game sign pretty easy to determine there differs t situations.   Has nothing to do with be lazy  it's called creating more opportunity  and to be real once again did I ever state k would do it if prohibited ??? No I said make a call certain places have said yes  or no problem stay on the road . So if you can't read very well I'll spell it out one more time IF THE SIGN SAYS NI AND IF YOU CONTACT THEM AND THEY MAKE EXCEPTION OR SAY YES TO SITUATION  ILL RIDE ON IN AND BE WAY FURTHER  BEFORE SUN UO TO RUIN YOUR HUNT . It's a discussion  everyone has different opinions . Happy hunting

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2019, 05:07:15 PM »

First you say the timber sign now your saying  the fish and game sign pretty easy to determine there differs t situations.   Has nothing to do with be lazy  it's called creating more opportunity  and to be real once again did I ever state k would do it if prohibited ??? No I said make a call certain places have said yes  or no problem stay on the road . So if you can't read very well I'll spell it out one more time IF THE SIGN SAYS NI AND IF YOU CONTACT THEM AND THEY MAKE EXCEPTION OR SAY YES TO SITUATION  ILL RIDE ON IN AND BE WAY FURTHER  BEFORE SUN UO TO RUIN YOUR HUNT . It's a discussion  everyone has different opinions . Happy hunting
Just a fyi
A cooperative road closer is agreement between the timber company and WDFW to enforce the rules set by timber company and to allow access for good people that follow the rules some day there might not be access or agreement.GOOD HUNTING TO YOU ALSO.

Offline kselkhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2019, 05:11:35 PM »
Yes,  class 11 750watts and under are considered non motorized by the feds as of Aug 29th

Please provide the National Forest document stating that.

We already have a document posted on this website stating otherwise.   

Trump changed the rule for some national parks.  If you're saying the rule for the National Forest also changed, please provide proof.   

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]