collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Holy slow  (Read 4549 times)

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Holy slow
« on: November 12, 2019, 12:11:43 PM »
This full moon I think is kicking my butt.   I’m sitting on a Booner.   I’m hoping he stands up and stretches and I don’t have to wait until dark.

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
Re: Holy slow
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 12:14:53 PM »
He'll be up for his 1:00 pee and doe check.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 12:20:11 PM »
Sounds boring...send me....via pm of course.....your gps coordinates and I'll look online for something interesting in your area.

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 12:56:17 PM »
Sounds boring...send me....via pm of course.....your gps coordinates and I'll look online for something interesting in your area.

:yeah:

Maybe close to a Domino's Hot Spot and we can chip in for a pizza delivery...
It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 01:15:56 PM »
A permit hunter passed by within a couple hundred yards.  He didn’t see me or the buck.   I suppose that was un huntwa of me.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 01:18:40 PM »
Actually,  that's a good side discussion.  Clearly,  your call. Say it's an older hunter, working along, maybe not that many hunts left. Do you point out the buck? Young hunter, just getting going ...do you point it out. No obligation to do so in any case but interesting to think about.

Offline 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 01:24:15 PM »
I'm just glad you shoot all these breeders Bone.

With a camera that is.

If you waz a bullet flinger there would be no big bucks left over yonder.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 01:53:49 PM »
I was out scouting / bumming around today and saw two permit hunters drive right buy a couple really nice deer.   It goes to show that all the comments on here about there being no deer is in reality....hunters that don't know how to spot deer.  LOLOLOL  If I had a tag today, I would have likely filled it on a bruiser, heavy 3 point.  Crazy tall and monster eye guards.  It was a really pretty and unique buck. 

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 02:07:22 PM »
I’m just glad you didn’t have a typo on the word booner  :chuckle:
I sat on a buck for three hours The other day after watching him drop into a ravine bottom. He never came out, or i’d a seen him. His does all got up and left, but he must’ve been Snoozin pretty good to not follow them
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 06:13:23 PM »
Well the hunter ended up screwing it up for me.  He circled upwind and they blew out and disappeared into the thick.   He was clueless.  Never even herd or saw them.   You might be right Jreb. 

That sounds like a cool buck.   Mass is everything I tell you.   This guy had a lot of mass.  I don’t know how many points.   Lots of big ones.    I’ll have to scrutinize what I got.   As a non typ, booner is hard to get.   Maybe should have just said frickin huge.  Biggest deer I’ve seen this year.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 07:40:45 AM »
So I have to kind of agree with Jrebel on this. I came across a group of permit hunters. They said the bucks hadnt migrated in, not enough snow. I Said that’s not true they are here. Gave them very specific direction of where to go, drop off road 100 yards and there are always deer there. Saw them that night, nope no deer anywhere. Did you drop off the road where I told you to. Nope just glassed from the road, nothing there. I went there the next day for my archery tag and shot this guy(the one on the right) 35 minutes into the season right where I told them to go.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 08:18:38 AM »
I do think that there is a mentality among many, not all but many, quality permit holders that the deer are rutting and will be highly visible. Just cover ground and you'll see them. Getting away from the road and really using glass to pick apart terrain isn't part of the equation to them. While there will be times when those bucks are stupid and cruising the wide open, more often they are still deer with survival instincts. The big ones got big by surviving and that usually means away from roads somewhat and sticking to cover. I'm not going to bash hunters, but I do think many could do a much better job of looking for animals, myself included.

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2019, 10:50:53 AM »
I do think that there is a mentality among many, not all but many, quality permit holders that the deer are rutting and will be highly visible. Just cover ground and you'll see them. Getting away from the road and really using glass to pick apart terrain isn't part of the equation to them. While there will be times when those bucks are stupid and cruising the wide open, more often they are still deer with survival instincts. The big ones got big by surviving and that usually means away from roads somewhat and sticking to cover. I'm not going to bash hunters, but I do think many could do a much better job of looking for animals, myself included.

Your right on the money 7mmfan, a couple weeks ago I was over doing some counts and seen 22 bucks in a particular area, 6 of those were 3 point or better and 5 of those were absolute monster bucks, a couple huge non-typs and 3 big typicals in the 26-30 inch range. The 6 3 point or better bucks(that included those 5 big fellas) were all bedded in an assortment of crap and thickets while their does and smaller bucks were milling around 20-100 yards away, I literally had to pick the terrain apart to spot just a piece of them, then move into different positions and set up a spotting scope to get looks at them.

Offline 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2019, 11:14:42 AM »

Your right on the money 7mmfan, a couple weeks ago I was over doing some counts and seen 22 bucks in a particular area, 6 of those were 3 point or better and 5 of those were absolute monster bucks, a couple huge non-typs and 3 big typicals in the 26-30 inch range. The 6 3 point or better bucks(that included those 5 big fellas) were all bedded in an assortment of crap and thickets while their does and smaller bucks were milling around 20-100 yards away, I literally had to pick the terrain apart to spot just a piece of them, then move into different positions and set up a spotting scope to get looks at them.

I always pick stuff apart with a pair of Swaro 15's on a small tripod.
Can I have a late season rut tag now please.

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2019, 11:22:23 AM »

I always pick stuff apart with a pair of Swaro 15's on a small tripod.
Can I have a late season rut tag now please.

I'll call you when I draw mine. You can bring those 15s.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]