collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Kifaru pack advice?  (Read 7522 times)

Offline snake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Kifaru pack advice?
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2020, 06:35:44 PM »
I am considering getting an EXO or a Kifaru set up.  Why are you done with EXO products?

I used an EXO for years. Nice packs. The way they released the k3's made me want to try something else. Felt like they got greedy releasing them right before hunting season. Smart buisness wise I suppose, but it was rushed. Everyone was on backorder & they released a defective lid in their rush. They did send out the correct lids at no charge months later, but that came well after most were done hunting for the year. It also kinda rubbed me wrong that they claimed to be "made in America ", when they are only assembled in Anerica using foreign parts.
No big deal deal in general, but enough to sway me.
Interesting,  I was wondering what "Made in America" actually meant.  Thanks for the reply.

Offline T-Dozzer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2020, 07:23:46 PM »
I am considering getting an EXO or a Kifaru set up.  Why are you done with EXO products?

I used an EXO for years. Nice packs. The way they released the k3's made me want to try something else. Felt like they got greedy releasing them right before hunting season. Smart buisness wise I suppose, but it was rushed. Everyone was on backorder & they released a defective lid in their rush. They did send out the correct lids at no charge months later, but that came well after most were done hunting for the year. It also kinda rubbed me wrong that they claimed to be "made in America ", when they are only assembled in Anerica using foreign parts.
No big deal deal in general, but enough to sway me.
Interesting,  I was wondering what "Made in America" actually meant.  Thanks for the reply.

I think to be truly made in America they have to be something called Berry compliant. If thats a factor for you, Kifaru is.

Offline snake

• Longhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2020, 05:18:13 PM »
Kifaru's website is overwhelming to me, don't even know where to start. I would buy American made if I had a choice, but its not necessarily a deal breaker.

Offline T-Dozzer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2020, 06:02:42 PM »
Kifaru's website is overwhelming to me, don't even know where to start. I would buy American made if I had a choice, but its not necessarily a deal breaker.

I started with a frame. I chose the duplex lite, then narrowed down a bag by size. After that, it was decided by bag details.
Kifaru insiders on FB, Rokskide & even just messaging Aron & Frank helped.
Good luck!

EXO just recalled all their K3 frames today. They are replacing for free though.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 06:33:37 PM by T-Dozzer »

Offline PacificNWhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2020, 07:40:10 PM »

Make of list of what’s important to you (in a pack....loading style, pockets, access), your style of hunting (day/weekend or week long) and give Kifaru a call. Even if Snyder and Frank are busy the other customer service people will be able to point you in the right direction.

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2020, 05:42:03 PM »

I started with a frame. I chose the duplex lite, then narrowed down a bag by size. After that, it was decided by bag details.
Kifaru insiders on FB, Rokskide & even just messaging Aron & Frank helped.
Good luck!

EXO just recalled all their K3 frames today. They are replacing for free though.

Make of list of what’s important to you (in a pack....loading style, pockets, access), your style of hunting (day/weekend or week long) and give Kifaru a call. Even if Snyder and Frank are busy the other customer service people will be able to point you in the right direction.
Both posts are right on the money.
Great people at kifaru and will steer you into exactly what you need and want
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2020, 06:24:23 PM »
It's hard to know exactly what you want in a pack till you gain alot of experience with it...get somthing relatively close to what you want and use the heck out of it..trust the designers abit..

Another thing to consider is that most ultra light hiking packs all have roughly the same design..alot of our needs are pretty similar

Kifaru hold its value so it's easy to try out a few bags

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by BigVinn
[Today at 10:21:19 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Today at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Today at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Today at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter