collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: More than fair for a trail camera trasspass  (Read 15773 times)

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
Re: More than fair for a trail camera trasspass
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2019, 08:00:15 AM »
I have noticed over the years that there is a tendency for some city folks to look at chunk of land and just assume it must be open since there's no posting ever 10' on it, or it's covered in trees. It just never occurs to someone who was raised and lives in an apartment or postage stamp size lot in Tacoma that anything over 10 acres can still be someone's home.  Ditto with unfenced hay fields and Christmas tree farms.
It's not necessarily unethical intent on their part, as much as just not thinking their actions all the way through.

Then we have the local "Dry Sider" who parks his truck in the middle of my road or turn around, hops my fence, and marches thru my property, right past the No Trespass sign, because "He's hunted here for years" or my favorite "Old Jim said it was no big deal"   

There are bad apples in every bunch

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2019, 08:09:45 AM »
I have noticed over the years that there is a tendency for some city folks to look at chunk of land and just assume it must be open since there's no posting ever 10' on it, or it's covered in trees. It just never occurs to someone who was raised and lives in an apartment or postage stamp size lot in Tacoma that anything over 10 acres can still be someone's home.  Ditto with unfenced hay fields and Christmas tree farms.
It's not necessarily unethical intent on their part, as much as just not thinking their actions all the way through.

Then we have the local "Dry Sider" who parks his truck in the middle of my road or turn around, hops my fence, and marches thru my property, right past the No Trespass sign, because "He's hunted here for years" or my favorite "Old Jim said it was no big deal"   

:yeah:
I'm a transplanted westsider. I have family and friends in Pomeroy. Hunted there on private ground for years and have seen 2 poaching or illegal shooting incidents there, both by non-westsiders. Go figure.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2019, 09:08:24 AM »
Thats awesome

I do have to laugh but it seriously pissed some people off on here.

I thought you had lost your fricking mind

Offline RileyH

• Tracker
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2019, 09:11:10 AM »
Maybe I should hunt Lewis County....seems pretty tame compared to Okanogan. I think I've seen more trespassers than deer the last couple years.

Two years back we watched three guys poach a fawn on our neighbors land, then they scoped me when they saw my orange, then they drug it through the backend of our property on their way out.

Lots of bad apples in the orchard...  :chuckle:

Offline bornhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2019, 09:40:03 AM »
Why is this such a big deal. Someone comes on your property, takes a buck and leaves. You never even know so no harm no foul. What does taking one deer hurt?

Wow! Is this a joke?

Yes it was but not by me-! Read my post. If he wasnt such a good friend and we play jokes on each other all the time I beat his ass!

Want to file a complaint?
RCW 9A.90.050
Computer trespass in the second degree.
(1) A person is guilty of computer trespass in the second degree if the person, without authorization, intentionally gains access to a computer system or electronic database of another under circumstances not constituting the offense in the first degree.
(2) Computer trespass in the second degree is a gross misdemeanor.

Oh Yeah! I will get some mileage outta this. Thank you!

Offline bornhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2019, 09:44:10 AM »
Thats awesome

I do have to laugh but it seriously pissed some people off on here.

I thought you had lost your fricking mind

I can see why.

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2019, 12:08:03 PM »
Hey everyone hang on! I have a buddy who thinks he is a funny sob by posting this. I was showing him how great a site this is and told him he should join up and let him look over a bunch of stuff on my phone while we were watching football today. Well he thought it would be cute to post this and didnt tell me! I just saw this post and believe me this is not me. I own a couple hundred acres in Lewis County and it looks like I own stock in no trespassing signs. The Sheriff has been out more than once for hunters who thought they could get off by saying they didnt see the signs. I would never go on property w/o permission. I am going to act like I never saw this and payback to my buddy will be a doozy!
:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Your buddy won the interwebs!  Priceless!  I do hope you make the payback in over-the-top fashion!
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline bornhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2019, 12:46:45 PM »
Hey everyone hang on! I have a buddy who thinks he is a funny sob by posting this. I was showing him how great a site this is and told him he should join up and let him look over a bunch of stuff on my phone while we were watching football today. Well he thought it would be cute to post this and didnt tell me! I just saw this post and believe me this is not me. I own a couple hundred acres in Lewis County and it looks like I own stock in no trespassing signs. The Sheriff has been out more than once for hunters who thought they could get off by saying they didnt see the signs. I would never go on property w/o permission. I am going to act like I never saw this and payback to my buddy will be a doozy!
:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Your buddy won the interwebs!  Priceless!  I do hope you make the payback in over-the-top fashion!
Oh believe me! I have to wait a bit as he knows something will come his way :IBCOOL:

Online BD1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2019, 12:57:11 PM »
Keep us "Posted"   :chuckle:

Offline RockChuck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2019, 02:28:16 PM »
  :chuckle:

Offline jagermiester

• Longhunter
  • My family is my life
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2019, 03:20:55 PM »
I don't think it's ignorance in most cases, I think they know it's private and just don't care.

Oh i agree.  Just responding to the dude who seens like he wants to use ignorance as a possible defense for the scumbags.  But i do think the majority of tresspassers know damn good and well what theyre doing.  And the ones who dont can pound sand, cayse like i said, theres no valid excuse to not know whos land youre on.

You have to admit that some land is surrounded by public and not posted or fenced this land needs to be posted or it would be fair to assume that the owner of the land is ok with people recreating on it. Some land is obvious even without a fence or posting but there is some weird stuff out there.
putting a trail cam on some ones property is wrong period.

I personally stay as far away from private land as I can and I use OnX to do so. I have had some situations though over the years where landowners were upset and I did not even know that I was in the wrong. One time we asked permission to go pheasant hunt some farmland. We were granted permission from a nice lady. Then some guy came down the road and threatened to blow my brothers head off and called us piece of $%^ west siders and all kinds of stuff. We told him we asked that gal in that house right there and he told us she didn't own the land we were on.  It put a real bad taste in my mouth because the last thing I want to do is trespass. Another time in MT I obtained permission then the neighbor came to run us off, I think because he wanted to hunt it. We went back and checked with the landowner and he told us that we were on his land and go ahead again he would call the neighbor. We chose to move on and find something different. All the while nothing was fenced or posted. I don't pheasant hunt much more because of this. I love chasing Chukar on public land never worrying about what land I'm on.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 03:43:56 PM by jagermiester »
Lead em if they're running.

Offline Squatch633

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: NRA, PSA Ocean Anglers
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2019, 05:35:13 PM »

Yeah or you end up with some *censored* in a tin can from The Tri-Cities decide you looked lonely on your bait stop on the tuna grounds... People can be inconsiderate everywhere.

Offline bornhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2019, 09:34:02 PM »

Offline Goshawk

• Longhunter
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2019, 09:41:19 PM »
Finally got a phone call, then got chewed out. He said I "stole" the camera from him and would call the cops on me unless I hand delivered it; Fair enough.  He agreed to meet me at Brenda's Market at 7pm by the U-Haul trucks.  So far so good.

I showed up just a little late on purpose and rolled up in my fully marked patrol vehicle, blocking him in and walked over with the camera in hand and said "do you still want to report a theft?"  After picking up his jaw from the dirt, he explained he had permission from his "buddy" to hunt the land next to mine and did not realize he had crossed over to my land.  I asked him if his buddy's last name was Weyerhaeuser since that's the land that borders mine.  He sort of ran out of ideas at that point.  His two friends that got out of his truck when I rolled up with my headlights on seemed to loose interest in the whole affair and went inside the market while him and I had a polite but firm conversation about respecting land owners rights.  I wonder why they came along in the first place?

I'm guessing that might be the end to his camera trespassing escapades, at least on my patch of dirt.

Wish I had a body cam on. You could hear the steam leaking out of his ego.

You'll never get a Big'un if you keep shooting Little'un's.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2019, 09:47:44 PM »
Dude, that may be the best story I have read on this forum.  Good work and thanks for your service.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]