collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Op-Ed in Everett Herald - State fish, wildlife agency in a hunt for funding  (Read 4035 times)

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Re: Op-Ed in Everett Herald - State fish, wildlife agency in a hunt for funding
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2019, 10:54:15 AM »
Here are the actual numbers I was off because i had 650  and 1300 stuck in my head page 33

https://wdfw.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2019-02/matrix_wdfw_final_report_1-11-18.pdf
Thanks. It would be interesting to know if Enforcement personnel were considered to be HQ or regional personnel for this chart. They have always gone back and forth. It's the difference between working "in" a region and working "for" a region. I'm sure there are other programs that do the same.

Anybody that has been to the NRB knows in no way can it house 700+ WDFW employees alone. I'm not saying WDFW isn't bloated at the top but I am saying there are not 700+ WDFW employees sitting at a desk in Olympia, also need to realize there are some field personnel who are staffed out of HQ.

Offline wags

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2019, 12:19:56 PM »
One point I never see mentioned is that for every $1 in license revenue the Department receives, the Feds then contribute $3 from the Pittman Robertson Fund; so your $50 big game tags is actually $200 the Department receives.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2019, 02:10:32 PM »
One point I never see mentioned is that for every $1 in license revenue the Department receives, the Feds then contribute $3 from the Pittman Robertson Fund; so your $50 big game tags is actually $200 the Department receives.

Ive only meet 1 Department employee  that directly links that relationship to sportsmen.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2019, 02:48:13 PM »

Ive only meet 1 Department employee  that directly links that relationship to sportsmen.
PR funding is based in part on hunting license sales:

FWS apportions and disburses funds to states and territories through three formula-based programs:
•   Wildlife Restoration (known as Section 4(b)),
•   Basic Hunter Education and Safety (Section 4(c)),and
•   Enhanced Hunter Education and Safety Grants

FWS also allocates non-formula funding for multistate conservation grants and program administration. State apportionments for wildlife restoration projects are based on the land and inland water area and the number of hunting licenses sold in each state. State population is used to determine apportionments for both the Basic and Enhanced Hunter Education and Safety programs. FWS also apportions funding for territories. For Wildlife Restoration, Puerto Rico receives not more than 0.5% of the apportionments made under the act and American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands each receive not more than 0.17%. Each territory receives 0.17% of the total apportionments for both the Basic and Enhanced Hunter Education and Safety programs.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R45667.pdf
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2019, 03:02:26 PM »

PR funding is based in part on hunting license sales:

FWS apportions and disburses funds to states and territories through three formula-based programs:
•   Wildlife Restoration (known as Section 4(b)),
•   Basic Hunter Education and Safety (Section 4(c)),and
•   Enhanced Hunter Education and Safety Grants

FWS also allocates non-formula funding for multistate conservation grants and program administration. State apportionments for wildlife restoration projects are based on the land and inland water area and the number of hunting licenses sold in each state. State population is used to determine apportionments for both the Basic and Enhanced Hunter Education and Safety programs. FWS also apportions funding for territories. For Wildlife Restoration, Puerto Rico receives not more than 0.5% of the apportionments made under the act and American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands each receive not more than 0.17%. Each territory receives 0.17% of the total apportionments for both the Basic and Enhanced Hunter Education and Safety programs.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R45667.pdf

Great link! 2019  $12,756,164 total PR funds for wa
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 03:37:11 PM by Special T »
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter