collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Short review: Silencerco Harvester 300  (Read 4262 times)

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, RMEF, Friends of the Cowlitz
Re: Short review: Silencerco Harvester 300
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 09:35:15 AM »
H20, did you buy local or go the online route? Was it a "One-stop" shopping experience or did you have to do most of the leg work yourself? I'm interested....just a little confused on where to start.... :dunno:
I bought mine online through East County Guns, and had it shipped to my local shop, On Target Outdoors.  Most of my paperwork I filled out online, I did my fingerprints at my gun shop who have a kiosk for it.  Super easy, the waiting is the hard part.  I was able to pick my Silencerco Omega 300 up last Sunday after 11 months and 1 week.  TOTALLY worth it!  I've shot it on my 300BLK AR pistol with Sellier & Bellot subsonic and it sounds like a pellet gun.  I also bought the adaptor for my 9mm AR, but haven't shot any subs through it yet.

Offline CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 09:40:02 AM »
H20, did you buy local or go the online route? Was it a "One-stop" shopping experience or did you have to do most of the leg work yourself? I'm interested....just a little confused on where to start.... :dunno:
I bought mine online through East County Guns, and had it shipped to my local shop, On Target Outdoors.  Most of my paperwork I filled out online, I did my fingerprints at my gun shop who have a kiosk for it.  Super easy, the waiting is the hard part.  I was able to pick my Silencerco Omega 300 up last Sunday after 11 months and 1 week.  TOTALLY worth it!  I've shot it on my 300BLK AR pistol with Sellier & Bellot subsonic and it sounds like a pellet gun.  I also bought the adaptor for my 9mm AR, but haven't shot any subs through it yet.

You're shooting 9mm through a .30 cal can??

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2020, 09:54:31 AM »
Yes, my poi shift is consistent on that gun.....the 6.5 is within an inch poi eirher way.

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2020, 10:40:59 AM »

Yep

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2020, 10:42:04 AM »
West coast armory has a kiosk too. Makes it super easy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2020, 11:18:17 AM »

I'm not advocating you go and try to shoot 9mm through any 30 cal can (some 30 you can't because of thread pitch), I contacted Silencerco before hand and they told me I could with the direct thread mount AC 1284.  The baffles in the Omega 300 are big enough.  I suppose there is a greater risk of a baffle strike, but not something they seemed worried about.

Offline NWShooter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RockyMountain Elk foundation, Mule Deer Foundation, NRA.
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2020, 09:56:51 PM »
Great! I’m have about two months to go on a Omega .300. Can’t wait to get it.
A empty vessel makes the most noise.

"Every normal man must be tempted , at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Offline h20hunter

• Legend
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2020, 11:00:50 AM »

Offline h20hunter

• Legend
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2020, 11:02:38 AM »
A group I shot the other day....6.5 creed, kimber ascent. 100 yards, bench. The two shots together are 1 and 2, the 3rd is kind of a flyer as i get mirage from the heat very quickly. Held best I could then sent it

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]