collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Now that it snowed they need to lock up Watt Canyon  (Read 25918 times)

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
Re: Now that it snowed they need to lock up Watt Canyon
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2019, 09:44:25 AM »
If you need to kill a dozen deer to “feed” your family you have failed at a lot of things in life and probably shouldn’t be spreading your spawn
"family" The way you say this makes readers think you know how many there are in a "family" Do you?
When supporting 5 different households, 12 deer is reasonable.

There are some people on this forum who shoot 6+ deer a year and an elk or two in the west. How is that any different?
Taking one deer in multiple states is definitely very different than taking multiple deer from the same herd.  :twocents:

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2019, 10:06:36 AM »
Never been there.
But this topic hits every year.
Maybe they should wipe out all the roads ,just completely wipe them out.Better for the elk,then if you wanna hunt it,you walk your lazy @$$ in native or white,or other.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline ballpark

• Salty
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2019, 10:18:22 AM »
Son and I were over late archery in 342. Mud Lake entrance off 410 is gated, private property - Garrett Canyon road gate locked (early) - only entrance was up 1701 gate still open down into said area.  Those that know the area know it's a winter area for elk.  If rifles get down there before they lock the 1701 gate it would not be good.

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2019, 10:27:17 AM »
They might have the right but they don't have to abuse the right and maybe they should consider what is RIGHT for the future of Game animals
think before you type. yall may have the right to bare arms but that dont mean you need to abuse that right by poaching.

how do you like it when it gets turned around on ya?

Oh Mah I dont think you got your point across. I'm scratching my head a bit
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline cb1989

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2019, 10:41:29 AM »
Maybe they should wipe out all the roads ,just completely wipe them out.Better for the elk,then if you wanna hunt it,you walk your lazy @$$ in native or white,or other.

Amen. No road access = no poaching and no road hunting. Imagine the complaining then. Makes me tired just thinking about how worked up people would get if they had to earn their meat with their boots.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2019, 10:44:18 AM »
Son and I were over late archery in 342. Mud Lake entrance off 410 is gated, private property - Garrett Canyon road gate locked (early) - only entrance was up 1701 gate still open down into said area.  Those that know the area know it's a winter area for elk.  If rifles get down there before they lock the 1701 gate it would not be good.
Garrett has been completely washed out and closed for years fyi
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline ballpark

• Salty
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2019, 10:50:06 AM »
Good to know.  It has been years since we were both up there.  I will say it's definitely better for the game in there. :tup:

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2019, 10:53:27 AM »
Good to know.  It has been years since we were both up there.  I will say it's definitely better for the game in there. :tup:
yeah I'm not sad about that aspect at all! I hike it often to keep my mountain legs and it always amazes me how mother nature reclaims things
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2019, 11:58:59 AM »

Amen. No road access = no poaching and no road hunting. Imagine the complaining then. Makes me tired just thinking about how worked up people would get if they had to earn their meat with their boots.

Ya, no kidding.  To hell with those too old or disabled to hike in. Leave it to those that can! Just remember you may be on that boat some day!

Offline Taco280AI

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2019, 12:05:41 PM »
Between tribes slaughtering elk all year long, poachers, overpopulated cats, and now wolves, won't be too long till there is no more elk hunting in Washington.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2019, 12:11:15 PM »
How many of you guys who hunt that area and are pointing at tribal members, refused to use your elk and deer tags this year to help the elk and deer? Bueler, Bueler?
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2019, 12:13:55 PM »
How many of you guys who hunt that area and are pointing at tribal members, refused to use your elk and deer tags this year to help the elk and deer? Bueler, Bueler?
:hello:

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2019, 12:17:44 PM »
Hunters that don't fill their tags have got to have an excuse.Must be someone else's fault not their own.

I chose not to shoot a deer or an elk this year because I think the herd could use a break. I am concerned with the future of the herd and feel its hypocritical to take more than I need.  Its well within my right, I bought tags.   Are you saying I dont have the skills to kill something?  I really dont see anything wrong with his statement.

They might have the right but they don't have to abuse the right and maybe they should consider what is RIGHT for the future of Game animals
You know what?I also don't see you whining about not filling your tag because of the natives.Don't try to MSM my statement.I never said anywhere here or anywhere else that you don't have a right to do anything.

IF YOU DON'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH PLACING THE BLAME OF THE HERD ON TRIBAL THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU.

ALL RACES OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO ABUSE THEIR RIGHTS WHEN IT COMES TO HUNTING.POACHERS COME IN ALL COLORS.
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2019, 12:19:15 PM »
If you need to kill a dozen deer to “feed” your family you have failed at a lot of things in life and probably shouldn’t be spreading your spawn
"family" The way you say this makes readers think you know how many there are in a "family" Do you?
When supporting 5 different households, 12 deer is reasonable.

There are some people on this forum who shoot 6+ deer a year and an elk or two in the west. How is that any different?
Taking one deer in multiple states is definitely very different than taking multiple deer from the same herd.  :twocents:
What if several people go to these other states and take multiple deer/elk from these other herds?I guess it's same same then.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2019, 12:20:59 PM »
think before you type. yall may have the right to bare arms but that dont mean you need to abuse that right by poaching.

how do you like it when it gets turned around on ya?

Oh Mah I dont think you got your point across. I'm scratching my head a bit
Sarcasm to show what some natives feel about our 2nd amendment and white poachers.
"Boss of the woods"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal