collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Seen Them Moseying Over Your Way  (Read 3995 times)

Offline AL WORRELLS KID

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • The Ancient of Days Lives
  • Groups: Washington State Trappers Association
Seen Them Moseying Over Your Way
« on: December 05, 2019, 01:37:21 PM »
 While out Fishing, have you ever noticed someone (wearing Green) just moseying over your way?  :rolleyes:
Kind of like, when you are trying to get closer to the Herd (by approaching at an angle), without letting them realize you are closing in on them. :yeah:
Doug
"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom." Theodore Roosevelt

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Seen Them Moseying Over Your Way
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 01:38:51 PM »
 :chuckle:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 01:48:01 PM »
Last time I had a warden come up behind me at the river bank he pulled out his gun and screamed at me to step away from mine. I almost crapped my pants as he never identified himself. I turned around quickly to see him pointing his pistol at me. It was a pretty tense moment that I felt was very unprofessional. All he wanted to do was check my license and see if I had a plug in my shotgun. Could have gotten all that without pointing his gun at me.
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

Offline ljsommer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
  • New hunter, hard worker.
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 02:38:28 PM »
Last time I had a warden come up behind me at the river bank he pulled out his gun and screamed at me to step away from mine. I almost crapped my pants as he never identified himself. I turned around quickly to see him pointing his pistol at me. It was a pretty tense moment that I felt was very unprofessional. All he wanted to do was check my license and see if I had a plug in my shotgun. Could have gotten all that without pointing his gun at me.

That's wildly unprofessional for any law enforcement officer. Asking you to step away from your firearm was reasonable, if done with a calm demeanor and a holstered pistol. Hand on his hip, sure - gun drawn and screaming is a great way to get somebody shot.

Offline bornhunter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 02:39:34 PM »

There had to be more to it than that.

Offline ghosthunter

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 04:57:25 PM »
I was out hunting not fishing with my lab she was three at the time.
We were setting on a pond waiting for shooting light.
She kept looking over my shoulder and growling. Very uncommon for her.
When it got light enough I looked over my shoulder and spotted two fisheries officers peaking out of the brush behind me.

I laughed the dog growled a little harsher at them.

So I said “ you two better step up here before this young dog wants a piece of you. She already thinks you are up to no good”

They walked over and checked my papers and left.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 06:08:50 PM »
While fishing I have caught them watching from afar before coming in to contact me. I always asked them, Why not just come on in and check me, I hate being spied on and made to feel uncomfortable while just trying to enjoy a day of fishing. Duck hunting one time with my young lab pup ( her first hunt ) on a very small Island. Not going very well. Had a couple birds looking at the deek's, finally, so I had the shotty in hand and crouched in the blind, ready. Then my pup turns and starts growling behind us. What the HE!! I turn to see two gammies behind us in the weeds. Of course I had the shot gun in my hands as I was about to blast some birds. WTF ? How in the he!! did they get on this small island with out me knowing ? How long have they been there ? My pup's going balistic. They never did say, asked to see licenses etc.. and told me to control my dog, a pup. All these years later, my dog hates anyone in uniform.

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 08:19:54 PM »

Wish there was. I was just talking with my brother and all of the sudden we hear a guy say "Step away from your firearms!" turned around to see a warden pointing his pistol at us. No explanation of why and no provocation that would have warranted this. He holstered his weapon after we stepped back and he check out licences and plugs. After that he just walked back up the trail to the parking area. One of the strangest encounters I have ever had with LEO.
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Offline bornhunter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 09:37:33 PM »

Wish there was. I was just talking with my brother and all of the sudden we hear a guy say "Step away from your firearms!" turned around to see a warden pointing his pistol at us. No explanation of why and no provocation that would have warranted this. He holstered his weapon after we stepped back and he check out licences and plugs. After that he just walked back up the trail to the parking area. One of the strangest encounters I have ever had with LEO.

How long ago and where did this happen? That is crazy for a contact to occur like that.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 10:24:17 PM »

maybe you looked like someone else? maybe that someone else is a dangerous person?

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 10:31:59 PM »
I haven't been checked in so long, I don't have anything to contribute to this thread really.  Only time I get checked is snowmobiling? huh?  ya.....making sure I got groomer tags

When I was much younger T.J HOOD put the sneak on me a few times, but then he quit even bothering to check me, if he did come up to me it was: "Oh its you, how ya doin?"  then wouldn't even check my licenses, just knew I had em  :chuckle:

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 10:57:55 PM »
Hood was a crook!

Offline Henrydog

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, RMEF, Phesants Forever
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2019, 06:37:04 AM »

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2019, 06:42:25 AM »
crap I could go on about this guy, If I were older I woulda got him fired.

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2019, 08:22:02 AM »

maybe you looked like someone else? maybe that someone else is a dangerous person?

This happened 10-12 years ago. I have never been one to argue with LEO's so I just did what he asked and when he left my brother and I just went about our hunt. Heard some other guys had similar experience with that same guy. He was a federal warden at the McNary Wildlife Refuge in Wallula. Looking back I probably should have reported it but I just did what he asked and went about my business. Second time I have had an LEO pull his weapon out on me. I understand how it goes though, who knows what information he had when he responded. I was paintballing in Hayden ID. and had a really interesting interaction as I was drawn on and told in a very stern voice to "Drop the gun!" turns out if you listen to LEO instructions and don't argue with them it usually works out. After it was all said and done the officer told me he was responding to a call that there was a gunfight going on. I told him I understood why he came in like he did based on that information. Anyway, I believe most LEO's to be honorable and honest men and women and I recognize that I have no idea what information they have been given prior to my interaction with them. A cool head and compliance nearly always calms things down. If not, the time to challenge it is after the fact.       
CoryTDF

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101