collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Operation Bobcat  (Read 14880 times)

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
Re: Operation Bobcat
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2019, 08:30:10 AM »
Lookin a little saggy in the teats huh?

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2019, 05:56:40 PM »
You need some beaver meat
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2019, 07:50:25 PM »
Do i ever.....

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2019, 08:04:59 PM »
:peep:

This could go sideways!

Yeah, i think jasnt is trying to set me up.  Then humptulips will come in and delete several pages of this thread. 

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2019, 07:18:55 AM »
:peep:

This could go sideways!

Yeah, i think jasnt is trying to set me up.  Then humptulips will come in and delete several pages of this thread. 
:chuckle:
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2019, 06:59:18 AM »
Well, here we go.  Time to give this bobcat thing another go.  They sure havent been cooperating with me.  I kind of have a feeling ive used up all my luck for the year already.  Hopefully i can at least find some good tracks today.

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2019, 08:04:04 AM »
I haven’t cut a bobcat track in a week! Think they’re hibernating.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2019, 03:48:57 PM »
I haven’t cut a bobcat track in a week! Think they’re hibernating.

I feel your pain.  Put just shy of 8 miles on my boots today in an area i havent hunted in a few years.  Always been lots of bob tracks up there, but nothing today.  Saw some wolf tracks and about a million lion tracks everywhere.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2019, 06:08:04 PM »
I was curious how your day went,  I stayed home sick otherwise I'd be working but I sure wanted to get out. 

Friday I hope to get out after a lion again, work and life keeps getting in the way of my hunting  :chuckle:

kids bring me home I swear every friggn bug that floats through the school system  :bash:

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2019, 05:47:03 PM »
So supposed to be getting 1-2ft of snow in the mountains.  Aside from me personally not wanting to deal with that, im guessing it will push the bobs down lower too.  Going to start focusing on lower elevation, heavily timbered creek bottoms where the snow wont be as bad.  If this snow concentrates the little rascals into smaller patches of habitat, maybe i can finally get on some good tracks.  Still havent called on my property yet, but i think i will at first light.  Then maybe just walk down the rd to the state land and work my way up the creek calling every quarter mile or so.  Im thinking calling and killing a bob might just be the biggest challenge of all of them.  Just as sneaky as a lion, but even harder to spot due to their smaller size and more camod pelt.  Plus not being the top of the food chain, theyll likely be even more cautious.  Im thinking it could take me a few years to get one of them this way.

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2019, 05:53:58 PM »
I’ve called in 4 that I actually saw
Never tagged one yet
Usually see them as they decide to leave
Or the appear too close and on the wrong side
I have also called in and killed a lion and it is a serious rush
Good luck
I have had best results with around 10 inches of automotive fuel line and a C-3 Reed stuffed inside it
It let’s you sound like something is shakin a rabbit screaming
Good luck
I need to get out myself
Procrastinating
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:03:18 PM by MADMAX »
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2019, 08:22:16 AM »
So supposed to be getting 1-2ft of snow in the mountains.  Aside from me personally not wanting to deal with that, im guessing it will push the bobs down lower too.  Going to start focusing on lower elevation, heavily timbered creek bottoms where the snow wont be as bad.  If this snow concentrates the little rascals into smaller patches of habitat, maybe i can finally get on some good tracks.  Still havent called on my property yet, but i think i will at first light.  Then maybe just walk down the rd to the state land and work my way up the creek calling every quarter mile or so.  Im thinking calling and killing a bob might just be the biggest challenge of all of them.  Just as sneaky as a lion, but even harder to spot due to their smaller size and more camod pelt.  Plus not being the top of the food chain, theyll likely be even more cautious.  Im thinking it could take me a few years to get one of them this way.

one thing that stood out to me in your posts was that you seen a ton of Cougar tracks while looking for bobs,  I don't usually see cougar tracks where I see bobcat tracks.   

Not that they don't overlap territory, but bobs gotta be wary of mt lions and would probably not be where you see a "bunch" of lion tracks.

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2019, 09:22:01 AM »
That area has always been infested with lions, but i also used to see lots of bobcat sign up there.  My back yard has a ridiculous amount of lion traffic, and also has a regular bobcat presence.  If anything id say the guy that traps the hell out of them up there has had an effect on the bob population.
  People say the same thing about wolves and coyotes, but everywhere ive been that has a good amount of wolf activity is also full of coyotes.  Figure how big a wolf packs range is.  To wipe out coyotes, theyd have to be 100% single mindedly focused on hunting yotes, to the point that they never hunt anything else, and even then i dont think they could do it. 

On another note, it was damn nasty out this morning, so i decided outdoor activities can wait.  Tomorrow isnt looking so nice either.

Offline Odell

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2019, 10:25:54 AM »
That area has always been infested with lions, but i also used to see lots of bobcat sign up there.  My back yard has a ridiculous amount of lion traffic, and also has a regular bobcat presence.  If anything id say the guy that traps the hell out of them up there has had an effect on the bob population.
  People say the same thing about wolves and coyotes, but everywhere ive been that has a good amount of wolf activity is also full of coyotes.  Figure how big a wolf packs range is.  To wipe out coyotes, theyd have to be 100% single mindedly focused on hunting yotes, to the point that they never hunt anything else, and even then i dont think they could do it. 

On another note, it was damn nasty out this morning, so i decided outdoor activities can wait.  Tomorrow isnt looking so nice either.

man I want to get a lion...good luck on the bobcats
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2019, 07:13:34 PM »
I went out, nada.

I had seen lion tracks in this area but not today.  Got a ton of exercise though, truck almost got hit by a falling tree top while I was out calling., so many needles on it looked camoflauge but no dents

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal