collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Why WDFW's wolf meetings were really canceled...  (Read 6728 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
Re: Why WDFW's wolf meetings were really canceled...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 09:58:50 AM »
So this all seems to have started with an investigation into Matt Shea:

This week, Washington state legislators are reviewing an independent investigation into Rep. Matt Shea, investigating whether he promoted political violence.

This comes after private chat records, leaked by former Shea acolyte Jay Pounder, features Shea taking part in chats where his allies discuss elaborate violent fantasies against local liberal activists.

As the Inlander reported early this year, those chat messages included Anthony Bosworth — the guy Shea gave a "2016 Patriot of the Year" award to and sent down to the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge to de-escalate tensions — discussing a proposal to send severed wolf parts to Kieran Suckling, executive director of the Center for Biological Diversity, an aggressive environmental rights group.

"Get me the testicles off a North Idaho wolf and I'll send it to him," Bosworth writes.

"This is not something to put out electronically," Shea wrote. "We need to meet f2f."   <----EXCELLENT ADVICE MR SHAE

in doing this story about Matt Shea the inlander discovers that it was the left that was making the threats online, some were bad enough to be forwarded to the FBI

But an Inlander records request for all documents related to the decision to cancel the meetings didn't turn up any explicit threats from anti-wolf extremists.
Instead, it turned up multiple violent social media threats from wolf supporters, including on the Facebook page of the Center for Biological Diversity.

According to the WDFW, most of the threats and harassment the organization has observed around the wolf issue has come from the environmental side, both locally and nationally. At times, the agency has raised concerns about online comments with the FBI.

In early August, the Center for Biological called its Facebook fans to action, warning them that, in the name of protecting cattle, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife was planning to kill more members of the Old Profanity Peak pack in Ferry County.

The center posted the work phone numbers of Washington Fish and Wildlife Director Kelly Susewind and Jay Inslee, and urged their followers to tell them you "oppose this continued assault on Washington's endangered wolves."

Commenters were furious at the government employees. One — an executive at a computer shop in Illinois — reacted to by appearing to call for the murder of Washington Fish and Wildlife employees.

"Kill the state officials responsible for the crime," he wrote on Aug. 6. "Now. Immediately. Ask if I can help. I have no arms, but can shoot or move my hands." (The Inlander has edited these social media quotes slightly to correct typos.)

And that wasn't the only Facebook comment in August that caused WDFW officials concern.
Officials also flagged the following comments during August:
On a post from the Wolf Conservation Center, a commenter wrote, "I wish someone, ANYONE, would shoot the sharpshooters! I feel that would be a better solution," while another wrote, "I would kill every man that wants to kill nature. This is what nature needs now, dead stupid people."
On the "Save Wolves Now — Pacific Rim" Facebook group one commenter wrote that "our nation needs to take lethal action against WDWF!!!!" while a second confirmed that "I would like to take lethal action."
At the "Protect the Wolves" Facebook group, one commenter reacted to a post about WDFW hunting wolves from a helicopter by writing "Shoot them in the knee caps as they are not human." "Hopefully the helicopter will crash and kill all these dumbf—-s" one commenter wrote, while a second wrote "Can I say, 'rocket launcher'?" and a third wrote "Shoot the bird down in the sky"
On the Western Wildlife Conservation Facebook page, someone wrote "they also flew over my land. I pulled out the .30-30. I will shoot them down next time." (this is a specific and actionable threat)

At Wolfwatcher Facebook page, commenters expressed similar sentiments, with one writing "I wish I could be there to shoot down that plane" and another writing "Shoot down the planes!"

Fish and Wildlife spokeswoman Staci Lehman confirms that the violent rhetoric in these posts were part of the reason that the meetings in August were canceled. She says that, while there were angry comments on both sides, she is not aware of any specific violent threats coming from the anti-wolf side.

the article is fairly long but a good read, it continues at the link
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 10:07:11 AM by KFhunter »

Offline Gobble Doc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 10:01:31 AM »
So this all seems to have started with an investigation into Matt Shea:

This week, Washington state legislators are reviewing an independent investigation into Rep. Matt Shea, investigating whether he promoted political violence.

This comes after private chat records, leaked by former Shea acolyte Jay Pounder, features Shea taking part in chats where his allies discuss elaborate violent fantasies against local liberal activists.

As the Inlander reported early this year, those chat messages included Anthony Bosworth — the guy Shea gave a "2016 Patriot of the Year" award to and sent down to the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge to de-escalate tensions — discussing a proposal to send severed wolf parts to Kieran Suckling, executive director of the Center for Biological Diversity, an aggressive environmental rights group.

"Get me the testicles off a North Idaho wolf and I'll send it to him," Bosworth writes.

"This is not something to put out electronically," Shea wrote. "We need to meet f2f."   <----EXCELLENT ADVICE MR SHAE

in doing this story about Matt Shea the inlander discovers that it was the left that was making the threats online, some were bad enough to be forwarded to the FBI

But an Inlander records request for all documents related to the decision to cancel the meetings didn't turn up any explicit threats from anti-wolf extremists. Instead, it turned up multiple violent social media threats from wolf supporters, including on the Facebook page of the Center for Biological Diversity.

According to the WDFW, most of the threats and harassment the organization has observed around the wolf issue has come from the environmental side, both locally and nationally. At times, the agency has raised concerns about online comments with the FBI.

In early August, the Center for Biological called its Facebook fans to action, warning them that, in the name of protecting cattle, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife was planning to kill more members of the Old Profanity Peak pack in Ferry County.

The center posted the work phone numbers of Washington Fish and Wildlife Director Kelly Susewind and Jay Inslee, and urged their followers to tell them you "oppose this continued assault on Washington's endangered wolves."

Commenters were furious at the government employees. One — an executive at a computer shop in Illinois — reacted to by appearing to call for the murder of Washington Fish and Wildlife employees.

"Kill the state officials responsible for the crime," he wrote on Aug. 6. "Now. Immediately. Ask if I can help. I have no arms, but can shoot or move my hands." (The Inlander has edited these social media quotes slightly to correct typos.)

And that wasn't the only Facebook comment in August that caused WDFW officials concern.
Officials also flagged the following comments during August:
On a post from the Wolf Conservation Center, a commenter wrote, "I wish someone, ANYONE, would shoot the sharpshooters! I feel that would be a better solution," while another wrote, "I would kill every man that wants to kill nature. This is what nature needs now, dead stupid people."
On the "Save Wolves Now — Pacific Rim" Facebook group one commenter wrote that "our nation needs to take lethal action against WDWF!!!!" while a second confirmed that "I would like to take lethal action."
At the "Protect the Wolves" Facebook group, one commenter reacted to a post about WDFW hunting wolves from a helicopter by writing "Shoot them in the knee caps as they are not human." "Hopefully the helicopter will crash and kill all these dumbf—-s" one commenter wrote, while a second wrote "Can I say, 'rocket launcher'?" and a third wrote "Shoot the bird down in the sky"
On the Western Wildlife Conservation Facebook page, someone wrote "they also flew over my land. I pulled out the .30-30. I will shoot them down next time."
At Wolfwatcher Facebook page, commenters expressed similar sentiments, with one writing "I wish I could be there to shoot down that plane" and another writing "Shoot down the planes!"

Fish and Wildlife spokeswoman Staci Lehman confirms that the violent rhetoric in these posts were part of the reason that the meetings in August were canceled. She says that, while there were angry comments on both sides, she is not aware of any specific violent threats coming from the anti-wolf side.

the article is fairly long but a good read, it continues at the link
Thanks for forwarding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 10:10:37 AM »
Wow.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Cougartail

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 10:11:57 AM »
This is where "Red Flag" laws could be useful but it would never happen because violence by leftists is justified. :dunno:
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 10:13:52 AM »
Wow is right.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline WSU

• Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 10:22:07 AM »
And folks wonder why wdfw tends to tip toe around the wolf issues?

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 10:28:24 AM »
This is nutty! Ducking and tiptoeing will not help. This should be addressed straight on, mainstream media stuff. Threats are threats. Red flag laws should absolutely be instituted here. The more they let go, the more they will see :bash: :IBCOOL:.

Thanks for the post.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 10:32:22 AM »
I'm just proud of the so called "anti-wolfers",  not. one. single. threat. has come from that side, 

if there was a single threat from the "anti-wolf" side, you bet it would have been made a big deal of!

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2019, 10:40:56 AM »
I'm just proud of the so called "anti-wolfers",  not. one. single. threat. has come from that side, 

if there was a single threat from the "anti-wolf" side, you bet it would have been made a big deal of!
In their twisted world wolves are equal to, or more valuable than humans. Threatening to kill or harm wolves justifies the same treatment of humans that would harm wolves.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Gobble Doc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 10:45:32 AM »

True!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2019, 11:44:15 AM »
Hard to realize just how many people arent all there.........sickos.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 11:55:00 AM »
And folks wonder why wdfw tends to tip toe around the wolf issues?

Naw, the pro-wolfers and WDFW sleep in the same bed, WDFW like the USFWS have lied from the beginning about WA's wolves. Look at who the USFWS partnered up with in the illegal wolf introduction, and now look at who WDFW have been partnered up with for many years. That's right Defenders of Wildlife, CNW and other fake environmentalists.

Offline Cougartail

• Frontiersman
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2019, 01:02:22 PM »
Hard to realize just how many people arent all there.........sickos.

lol..  America has always had lots of wackos but they use to keep them in institutions. Now they are the base of the Democratic Party. :chuckle:
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2019, 03:18:23 PM »
Have any been investigated/prosecuted?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]