collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Burris illuminated reticles  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Eric M

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Burris illuminated reticles
« on: December 07, 2019, 12:30:29 PM »
Ive been seeing these occasionally going on sale and wondered about people's opinion on Burris optics, and also what do you guys think of illuminated reticles. Dont know anyone who owns one. Was originally going to put a Leupold vx31 3.5-10×40 on my .17, but these look kind of cool.

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Burris illuminated reticles
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 01:10:08 PM »
I had a Burris Veracity 4-20x50  on a rifle once and the optics were decent-ish until you cranked up the power, then it would get very grainy.  Not sure if it was an isolated incident or if they're all like that, but it's unlikely I'll ever buy one again.  I have a Burris MTAC 4.5-14x42AO on one of my 17 Hornets and the other is on a Savage 17HMR, for the money and what I'm using them on, they seem to be pretty decent little scopes.  All of my NF scopes have illuminated reticles and I nearly never turn them on, so for me, illuminated reticles are more novelty than function.

Offline Eric M

• Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 02:19:37 PM »
I had a Burris Veracity 4-20x50  on a rifle once and the optics were decent-ish until you cranked up the power, then it would get very grainy.  Not sure if it was an isolated incident or if they're all like that, but it's unlikely I'll ever buy one again.  I have a Burris MTAC 4.5-14x42AO on one of my 17 Hornets and the other is on a Savage 17HMR, for the money and what I'm using them on, they seem to be pretty decent little scopes.  All of my NF scopes have illuminated reticles and I nearly never turn them on, so for me, illuminated reticles are more novelty than function.
I kind of thought they might be novelty ish but I thought might be good low light. Probably stick with the Leupold if no one says anything outragepus in Burris favor. Thanks

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 10:32:15 AM »
I have a Burris MTAC 1-4x24 (Illuminated) on one of my uppers.
I think for close quarters, illuminated scopes are a necessity, or at least a much clearer option that non-illuminated. In fact I have either illuminated variables or red dots on all my uppers.

If you are talking about Rifle Hunting/long range shooting, I do not see it as a necessity, but a personal choice.
I like the Leupold Firedot scopes, they are good scopes. But I do not hunt with one.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline Eric M

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 11:16:34 PM »
I have a Burris MTAC 1-4x24 (Illuminated) on one of my uppers.
I think for close quarters, illuminated scopes are a necessity, or at least a much clearer option that non-illuminated. In fact I have either illuminated variables or red dots on all my uppers.

If you are talking about Rifle Hunting/long range shooting, I do not see it as a necessity, but a personal choice.
I like the Leupold Firedot scopes, they are good scopes. But I do not hunt with one.
Thanks. Cameraland had a great deal on them for a few days, but I went with what I knew-leupold 3.5-10

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal