collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: I’m guaranteed to never  (Read 7359 times)

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: I’m guaranteed to never
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2019, 05:17:55 PM »
Like anything, there are good and bad.  I know one by me that does whatever he can to help hunters and then there are those that think driving a state truck on gravel roads is a hardship.

WWA is active, but they only have what members give them.  Few join.

We should band together or write down the stories of what we have so we can tell our grandkids what it used to be like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline borntoslay

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2019, 05:34:53 PM »
I feel a little bit dumber after reading that article

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

(  .  )(  .  )

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2019, 05:35:27 PM »
"Ella says this population is generally doing well and holding steady. However, things like wildfires, reduced habitat, drought, harsh winters, and over harvest from poaching can influence the population"

Classic vague CYA statement...

Notice they included everything EXCEPT uncontrolled predator populations.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2019, 05:37:26 PM »
I pointed that out in my comment.  If it hasn’t been buried

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2019, 05:39:08 PM »
Well i didnt read the whole thread.  Got to the post i quoted and got a little angry i guess.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2019, 05:39:39 PM »
Lol, very understandable

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2019, 05:40:24 PM »
I’m not sure how the format works.  Mine might not even be visible.   I do know the wdfw answered a bunch of them, but not mine

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2019, 06:15:56 PM »
In what ways are you going toe to toe with the department? I’d like to get more involved but don’t know what else to do besides fill out surveys, public comment and write emails. Let me know. I think there’s a ton of people who have had enough but don’t know what to do besides write emails and post on here.

Do you belong to a sportsmens club/Organization? If yes tell them you want to get involved. If NO, then join one. Not all organizations  engage the political processes as much as others. Many of these are Habitat based organizations that are well know the names to but dont engage the politics. SCI is probably the best national org on this matter. Most state/local Orgs engage and could use your help.

To be honest, which one do i join? I actively hunt the NE corner of WA and have issues the the current management strategy in this area. Which organization is actively aligning with my perception? A lot of those large organizations are awesome, but what are they doing that currently aligns with my passion?   

Also, as a sportsman why it so hard to identify the organization that is actively promoting healthy ungulate populations in Eastern WA. I see we talk about it all the time here on huntWA but I often feel like we are just preaching to the choir.....with little actual organization. Is there any???   
My  :twocents:
Pick an organization. Maybe it doesn't matter as much as you think which you choose.
Go to the meetings and see what they are doing to pressure WDFW about what you see are problems.
If nothing volunteer to be that guy. If they are meeting with Department personel ask to attend. Nobody going ask to represent the Organization.
Something comes up ask WDFW for a meeting, go to Commission meetings.
Get to know the people (Commissioners and WDFW people.
If there is a problem go with solutions not just complaints. Best to go prepared and never get angry. You can disagree but calm and reasonable is good.
You too can lose your hair like me. :chuckle:
Bruce Vandervort

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2019, 06:18:04 PM »
In what ways are you going toe to toe with the department? I’d like to get more involved but don’t know what else to do besides fill out surveys, public comment and write emails. Let me know. I think there’s a ton of people who have had enough but don’t know what to do besides write emails and post on here.
Email Anis Aoude...alot...about everything...all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most likely round filed. If something is important enough to e-mail them cc everyone you can think of, Director on down.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2019, 06:22:33 PM »
I’m not sure how the format works.  Mine might not even be visible.   I do know the wdfw answered a bunch of them, but not mine

They wont answer questions that they cant come up with *censored* answers to.

Offline westside Elkhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2019, 06:46:53 PM »
I just read the article. Who really thinks 15 to 19 bucks per 100 does is acceptable?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline B4noon

• Hunter
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2019, 06:56:02 PM »
Quite honestly the only way to change the direction is for all of us to forget the special interest groups to get degrees in biology pose as snowflake liberals and get hired in these positions that make the decisions.  When wdfw is hiring individuals to manage and study these herds and they have no direct interaction with them in their personal life it’s just a job and statistics that mean nothing more to them then how many red jelly beans are in a jar therefore none of the data resinantes with them because they have been so removed from the subject they are put in charge of that they have no idea if 6 deer or 600 is good all they know is how that compares to a grid map split into binary segments split into section townships and ranges and as long as they get a rainbow grid of colors on a chart that they can pass onto other colleagues that have no stake in the game that’s all that matters. I don’t play tennis so how much effort and heart would I put into created newer and better tennis courts I hunt and like most of us that do we are passionate about it and want to conserve and protect it on a deeper level then the anti hunters that are managing could ever understand to much of science can be bias and based on personal beliefs and agendas depending on the angle one wants to take and if recreational opportunity and conservation is not a priority in their personal life it won’t be in their professional when I talk to other state bios it’s very clear why they are in the jobs they are and what they do on their days off going to be a hard fix working from the outside because the inside experts will always be more influential to the commission and director and places that can really truly make a change in managment it’s exhausting to watch and disheartening thinking once again in a few years we will be calling today the good old days get on the payroll and make a difference wait that sounds painful too

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2019, 07:06:28 PM »
The snowflake liberals have been infiltrating wdfw and our state for decades now, and their takeover is all but certain.  A handfull of hunters cant fend off an army of screwballs in any sociably acceptable manner.

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2019, 07:08:37 PM »
I just read the article. Who really thinks 15 to 19 bucks per 100 does is acceptable?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  50 bucks to 100 does is a more natural, healthy ratio.  And dont forget to take age class into consideration.  Under our cyrrent "any buck" whitetail rules, our age class is screwed up.  We let people rifle hunt yearling whitetail bucks during the rut.  Shooting fish in a barrel.  Its disgusting.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2019, 07:34:32 PM »
I think they deleted my comment

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]