collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Where do you all order your supplies for trapping?  (Read 1368 times)

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
Where do you all order your supplies for trapping?
« on: December 11, 2019, 01:02:49 PM »
My entire family (8 of us) are not WA trappers.  I am starting to compile trapping gear to I can get after it pretty soon.  My first bounty will likely be coons on our property in NE Washington.  We also have Bobcats and other critters we will likely target as we get better.  So....Where do you guys get your supplies???

-  Cage Traps (Bobcat, heavy duty coon, etc.)
-  Stretching boards or wires....which is better?  I saw the wire stretches that a guy modified with wood and thought it was pretty slick and would be really easy to use. 
-  Fleshing Boards / Poles.....Think I will end up making one with a 3-4" round log / round fence pole.  Thoughts??
-  Other misc. gear....

Thanks in advance

Johnny

Offline Trapper John

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Life member of: WSTA, NTA, ITA, NRA also member of FTA, F4WM
Re: Where do you all order your supplies for trapping?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 02:54:19 PM »

Hello Johnny,
Are you a member of Washington State Trappers Association, if you are you get a The Fur Shed magazine every four months.
Inside the magazine are several trapping supply businesses that have everything for you.

We also have a member over in Eastern Washington that sells trapping supplies, he is the only one I know that sells locally around here.  Nobody in Western Washington.
JC 

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 04:37:07 PM »
I bought my cat traps from camtrip cages. 3 set and picked em up when I was on a hunting trip for $300 even. Awesome deal and I love these traps so far. I got the skunk and lead in scent from Mercer too. My lure and other smelly I ordered from amazon just cause I needed it fast. And my “bait” is a piece of multicolored feather boa from amazon too. Gonna do some more research on lures for next year. That’s the entirety of my trapping gear so far. Besides a bunch of leg holds I can’t use.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline rasbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Legend
  • In God I trust...Try taking that away from me!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 04:38:19 PM »
F T trapping supplies,great folks

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 05:10:23 PM »
F/T for lure and trap parts
Coon creek for all my knives ( post knives and fleshing knife )
 Bait = beaver chunks for cats and marten and duck carcass has been working well for cats if you are a duck hunter
My go to for bobcat lure is home made beaver castor with the oil sac mixed in and benzonite and glycerin
For cat traps I prefer a trigger setup instead of a pan trigger

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 05:49:48 PM »
I have made my own stretchers and beams. The misc. stuff I usually pick up at the Rendezvous. Ted has a good supply but if I need something in a hurry during other times Minnesota Brand is my go to.
Traps I get from WA Trap Co.  :chuckle:
Bruce Vandervort

Offline lewy

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • IBEW RMEF WSTA WCO NRA
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 06:34:35 PM »
All the dealings I’ve had with f&t have been great, Bruce’s traps are stout and universal, If your at all handy you will find you can make a lot of things for your line yourself :twocents:
Go hawks

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 06:50:50 PM »
All the dealings I’ve had with f&t have been great, Bruce’s traps are stout and universal, If your at all handy you will find you can make a lot of things for your line yourself :twocents:

Yes, I will start making a lot of my stuff for next year.  In the essence of time, I really want to get my kids out trapping this year so they get excited and want to help make stuff in the off season.  I have a family of racoons on my property and would really like to catch them while their pelts are prime.  My hope is during Christmas break we can get after it.  We also have skunk, and bobcat on camera so there is no telling what may wonder into a trap. 

I'm pretty excited to get after it also.....next year I will be targeting a badger.   I really want a full mount racoon and badger for the property / cabin.  I think they are cool looking critters. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal