collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Destination elk hunt video  (Read 3552 times)

Offline bigdub257

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF;Ducks Unlimited
Re: Destination elk hunt video
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2019, 10:00:57 AM »
Looks like he had a real positive experience with his BDX system :sry:  I've set up two BDX systems for friends and I definitely won't ever be buying one.

Karl,  What are the things you don't like about the BDX system?

Offline Piscatory_5

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2019, 10:07:21 AM »
Looks like he had a real positive experience with his BDX system :sry:  I've set up two BDX systems for friends and I definitely won't ever be buying one.

Do tell, I've been interested in the system and considering buying.

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2019, 10:59:59 AM »
Glass is really terrible. Reticle is SUPER thick. Reticle is just a duplex so no windage markings. A "long range" scope with no way to hold for wind is useless in my opinion. Biggest issue is they wouldnt consistently link. When they did, they would hit good but I experienced about a 30% failure rate on giving you an aim point. Also they are illegal in Idaho as of the 2019 season. I think they cut too many corners to release these things at a competitive price point. I'm a sig fan and my kilo2400 is the best money I have ever spent on gear but the BDX system really misses the mark  :twocents:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline bigdub257

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF;Ducks Unlimited
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2019, 12:58:01 PM »
Glass is really terrible. Reticle is SUPER thick. Reticle is just a duplex so no windage markings. A "long range" scope with no way to hold for wind is useless in my opinion. Biggest issue is they wouldnt consistently link. When they did, they would hit good but I experienced about a 30% failure rate on giving you an aim point. Also they are illegal in Idaho as of the 2019 season. I think they cut too many corners to release these things at a competitive price point. I'm a sig fan and my kilo2400 is the best money I have ever spent on gear but the BDX system really misses the mark  :twocents:

Ok.  Thanks for the input.  Was just starting to look into this system.

Offline Piscatory_5

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2019, 05:03:55 PM »
Thanks. Maybe I'll just get a non bdx rangefinder instead of the system. That's mainly what I was looking for (second rf) to be honest.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal