collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Crow Creek, Little Naches  (Read 2540 times)

Offline acrocker

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF, DU, NRA
Crow Creek, Little Naches
« on: December 28, 2019, 11:47:16 AM »
So I'm planning on doing some trips this summer over to check out Crow Creek, the one that flows into the Little Naches near Kaner Flat. There is very little info out there about this creek, and it's really a tiny little thing. Not asking for any secrets, but can anyone shed a little light on it, past experiences, what to expect?

I'm hitting it with a 2wt rod, maybe even a Tenkara setup since its so small. I know that it's got steep canyon surrounding it for a good portion of the lower section, do any roads get down near the creek further upstream? Google maps is kind of vague...

Any info is appreciated!

Offline AL WORRELLS KID

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • The Ancient of Days Lives
  • Groups: Washington State Trappers Association
Re: Crow Creek, Little Naches
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 11:22:13 PM »
acrocker,
 How did you find our "Secret Fishing Spot" on Crow Creek?

What a beautiful choice for a day of secluded fishing in crystal clear pools, being held back by boulders the size of small houses.
This stream itself is indeed surrounded by sheer rock cliffs, with few access points, so you are guaranteed to run into lots of hungry Wild Native Trout, ready to strike and best of all, you will have them all to yourself.  :tup:

My Buddy and I (both in our Twenty's then), agreed that after a full day of fishing, starting just below the Raven Roost/Crow Lake Area and ending up a few miles downstream from there it would be our last time fishing here!
  Now being surrounded by Cliffs on both sides of us..... our only choice would be to hike back up to where we had "dropped over the edge" from  NF # 1902 Road and bushwhack our way back up to where we had parked the Truck.
You might want to mark the spot at the creek where you will start your climb back up to the road, (as we found it hard to find our way back out, on the first trip).
Worn out from making that long crawl back up from the creek bottom we told each other we would "never do that again!"  Ever!
But each year we would remember back how good the fishing was and soon forgot how hard it was getting back up to the truck again..... and we headed back down to our "Crow Creek Hot Spot."

So do it while you are young and you will have great memories of fishing a "True Stretch of Wild Water".

Oh, bring plenty of water with you! My Friend after being warned to bring his canteen along (as there could be a dead deer or something in the water, upstream), arriving at the creek, laughed me off and took a long drink from the cold pool, (just before we discovered Bambi had indeed drowned, only a few yards upstream).

:puke:  :sry:  :rolleyes: :dunno:  :chuckle:
Doug
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 08:20:09 PM by AL WORRELLS KID »
"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom." Theodore Roosevelt

Offline acrocker

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF, DU, NRA
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 12:43:07 PM »
Thanks for the info, AWK!

I used to hunt elk in the area and always wondered about the creek - I've fished a lot of the other creeks over there and just never got around to Crow Creek. I like the fact that it's secluded and you're not likely to have company when fishing it - I don't need to catch huge fish, I just want to have a little solitude and a nice view.

Now it's just a matter of getting through the winter....and the spring... and most of the summer, before I can get back in there to actually fish it! Oh well, more time to pore over google maps and plot my attack, I guess.

Online jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 01:20:44 PM »
How about Lake. What’s it like sense the fire? Any fish? Crowded?

Offline AL WORRELLS KID

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
  • The Ancient of Days Lives
  • Groups: Washington State Trappers Association
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 08:10:35 PM »
Not sure about the condition of Crow Creek Lake after the Fire. Being easy to access, it will most likely be hit hard, so when it comes to numbers of Trout I would head to the Creek.
Doug
"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom." Theodore Roosevelt

Offline farmin4u_98948

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 08:27:09 PM »
I was at Crow lake in September. I’ve never seen the water level so low. There’s not very much lake left
Just because you believe something is true doesn't mean that it is true!

Offline Dslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 04:24:10 PM »
Lakes in the Crow Creek Basin have all been impacted by the fire, but fishing is fine. Crow Creek Lake is a widewater on Crow Creek becoming a meadow. Other lakes in the basin can be excellent. Crow Lake/Anna Lake can winter kill, I didn’t see or catch any fish when I stocked it this past fall.  When they don’t, fish there can grow big.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]